home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-17-2018, 07:09 PM   #1821
FCivish3
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Grand Californian

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydrums View Post
Maybe someday we'll get in at Grand Cali, too.
I tried on multiple occasions, at 5 AM, as soon as it became available, to reserve Grand Californian. Eventually I was able to reserve not just one, but two rooms.

I have also stayed in the Grand Californian by doing the exchange through the 'Disney Collection.' A very expensive way to do it, point-wise, but if you have the points, then it is totally worth it. Unfortunately, if you sell the points, it will still cost you an arm and a leg in cold hard cash, so that isn't helpful with the Grand Californian.

We loved it. So much that if Disney puts DVC into their new hotel that they are building at Disneyland, I am seriously considering buying into it.
FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:48 AM   #1822
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCivish3 View Post
Hi everyone, I have been lurking on this board for years, learning from all of you, and I thank you for that. Recently I have decided to become a more active participant.

Our family loves Disney. We go to Disney World 3 to 4 times per year and Disneyland 4 to 6 times per year. Our whole family (9 of us) have current Annual Passes to both Disney World and Disneyland.

I am not really much of a writer, but I have written two ***** on Disney World, based in part on information from this board. We visit it so much and I spend so much time trying to figure things out, that I couldn't help myself. Those two ***** go along with three ***** that I have written on Alexa, one on Google Home, one on Home Automation and a book on Cruise Travel. I'm not advertising these *****, because I'm not posting the titles here, and they are all published under pseudonyms. But I love to find interesting things, and then help people take advantage of them.

We own 350 points in Polynesian, 270 points in BLT and 250 points in AK. Animal Kingdom really has been our favorite, Grand Californian was a close second, but ALL of them are great. There is just so much to see and do at Disney that we will never get tired of it. To me, the thing that makes it all worthwhile is just to see my family loving every moment.

Anyway, it's great to meet you all, and hoping to keep learning from you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydrums View Post
Hi. I'm Heidi and we just closed on our contract at Bay Lake Tower. So happy to be a DVC member. I grew up in Florida so I went to Disney just about every year growing up. I live in CA now with my fireman hubby and two boys (16 and 9) so we don't fly to Florida as much - especially now with my mom and dad gone.

We've made a few trips over the past few years, but now looking forward to our November trip as members! I appreciate this source of information. I know we'll have loads of questions, but our first trip is all booked and I even got part of our split stay via waitlisting - so I'm learning! Maybe someday we'll get in at Grand Cali, too.

Thanks!

Welcome you both to MO!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote