home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > MouseOwners Events and Event Planning
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-06-2020, 08:50 AM   #251
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeli View Post
I am so very thankful for DW finishing Chemo and now radiation to deal with breast cancer. Looking forward to her finishing immunotherapy. We will be watching her blood numbers and then when right, hopefully, start getting back to WDW soon....health first, playtime later...
I hope radiation isn't too bad for her.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 08:55 AM   #252
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
My SIL at the end of June had surgery on her left upper lung in a spot that could not be biopsied without invasive surgery. It was delayed 4 months due to covid. She did find out it was not cancerous which is amazing news. She knows she dodged a major bullet since she had smoked a pack of cigarettes for 40 years except for a small time frame when she quit. She quit smoking back in December 2019 when the nodules showed up which is also a plus. My brother is better off now too that she has stopped smoking and is no longer taking in secondhand smoke. We are all very thankful in the family. She is still at high risk from covid, but she is going to great lengths to stay safe. My brother works on the line at Chrysler and so far he's been able to avoid infection. So far, so good.
That must’ve been truly frightening for your SIL, especially the agonizing wait time. But how wonderful that it all finally came together for her. That’s awesome!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:58 AM   #253
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I am so very thankful for DW finishing Chemo and now radiation to deal with breast cancer. Looking forward to her finishing immunotherapy. We will be watching her blood numbers and then when right, hopefully, start getting back to WDW soon....health first, playtime later...
Continued prayers for your wife! I remember that road with my mother, and it was pretty stressful, to say the least. Hang in there, both of you. It gets better!
Old 08-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #254
Joeli
Grand Villa

Quote:
I hope radiation isn't too bad for her.
Thank you! She just finished it this past week...my post was a bit confusing. She’s doing ok..just crazy skin peels...but things are better than they were on Friday...so that has been good!

Upcoming:
2021 (Mar - BWV, May - PVB, Jul - DCL Fantasy)
2020 (Oct - BWV, Nov - PVB, Dec/Jan - PVB/BWV)

Done:
2020 (Jan, Mar, Mar/Apr/May/May/Jun, Sept) - Swan, PVB, PVB/PVB/AKV/AKV/PVB, DCL Fantasy - (COVID-19 BOO)
2019 (Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Sept, Oct, Dec) - DCL Magic - Miami - Marvel day at Sea, BRV, PVB, Swan, Swan, BWV, Swan, BWV, BLT, BWV, RCCL - Allure of the Seas
2018 (Jan, May, June, Aug, Sept, Nov, Dec) - DCL Fantasy - Orlando - Star Wars day at Sea, BLT, Swan x 2, Hilton Bonnet Creek, BWV/AKV (Kidani), Swan, SSR
2017 (Jan, May, Oct) - VGF, BLT, BRV
2016 (Feb, May) - PVB, BRV/BWV
2015/2014 (Sept) - BCV, AoA (Little Mermaid/Nemo/Lion King)

Joeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 09:00 AM   #255
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Thank you! She just finished it this past week...my post was a bit confusing. She’s doing ok..just crazy skin peels...but things are better than they were on Friday...so that has been good!
I'm glad to hear that. Continued happy thoughts and prayers for her thru immunotherapy.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 02:36 PM   #256
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Been a while, but time to remember to be thankful...

I think I’ve mentioned that my older sister was recently diagnosed with multiple myeloma, and just started treatment. She did very well with her first round of chemo, and was released from the hospital on Thursday. Since she lives an hour away, our mom is staying with her for a few weeks so that she isn’t alone. We decided that it would be best to move all of Mama’s animals to my house while she is with Melissa. Just easier on everyone. So I have temporary custody of 4 adult goats, a baby goat that is bottle fed, 3 rabbits and 60-70 chickens. And hubby just had back surgery today for a blown out disc. So it’s been a bit crazy here. But we have been blessed with the nicest neighbors, co-workers, and best friends ever! Baby sis’s running club cooked enough food for an army and delivered it (with masks) last night. Mama won’t have to make dinner for at least a week. Melissa’s best friend has appointed herself the official “go-between” for my sister’s job. Her bosses are allowing her to work from home when she feels up to it, and they are taking on her duties when she doesn’t. Hubby’s surgery added a little twist for us, but my co-workers have been more than willing to trade shifts/cover extra for me when I’ve been needed at home, and my manager is working with me so that my missed days aren’t counted against me. My best friend offered her horse trailer and her husband to help build fences/pens and move animals. And my “adopted” cousin is picking up the keys to mama’s tractor tomorrow so that he can keep everything mown while she is away. We don’t have a large family anymore, but we have so many wonderful people who have gone out of their way to help out. Surgery went well, and Hubby is home and resting comfortably for the first time in weeks. And my sister has been asked to participate in a clinical trial which will start in 2-3 weeks. So very many reasons to be thankful today.
Quote:
My SIL at the end of June had surgery on her left upper lung in a spot that could not be biopsied without invasive surgery. It was delayed 4 months due to covid. She did find out it was not cancerous which is amazing news. She knows she dodged a major bullet since she had smoked a pack of cigarettes for 40 years except for a small time frame when she quit. She quit smoking back in December 2019 when the nodules showed up which is also a plus. My brother is better off now too that she has stopped smoking and is no longer taking in secondhand smoke. We are all very thankful in the family. She is still at high risk from covid, but she is going to great lengths to stay safe. My brother works on the line at Chrysler and so far he's been able to avoid infection. So far, so good.
Quote:
I am so very thankful for DW finishing Chemo and now finished radiation to deal with breast cancer. Looking forward to her finishing immunotherapy. We will be watching her blood numbers and then when right, hopefully, start getting back to WDW soon....health first, playtime later...

Excellent news, all. Continued best wishes to all involved for a complete and speedy recovery.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote