home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-31-2020, 06:34 PM   #361
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
The Courtyard pool is closed and is within the NBA bubble. As is the marina and boat dock.

From the WDW page:

The following offerings and experiences are currently available at this Disney Resort hotel. Hours of operation will be provided during your stay.
Dining

Grand Floridian Cafe
Gasparilla Island Grill
Enchanted Rose
Beaches Pool Bar & Grill

Shops

Curiouser Clothiers
M. Mouse Mercantile
Sandy Cove Gifts and Sundries
Activities

Pool

Pool Cabana Rentals
Poolside Activities
Movies Under the Stars
Fitness Center
Multi-Purpose Courts
Transportation

Bus transportation is available from this Disney Resort hotel to EPCOT, Disney’s Animal Kingdom theme park, Disney’s Hollywood Studios and the Disney Springs area
Water taxis are not available from this Disney Resort hotel to Magic Kingdom park
Monorail transportation is available to and from Magic Kingdom park; monorail transportation is not available for EPCOT

https://www.disneyworld.co.uk/experi...dates/resorts/

Scroll down to the bottom and click on GFV (if it’s not open when you follow the link).
Perfect. I disnt know where to look.
Thank you so much
Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 11:41 AM   #362
MMC1
Banned

Will I be banned for posting this ?
On church bulletin board....

Thou Shalt Wear Mask
HyGenisists
20:20
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 01:57 PM   #363
bubster
Grand Villa

If I cancel a trip booked with banked points within 31 days, say like 7 days before check in, can those points be reallocated to another already booked trip or will they go into holding? I know they are currently being generous with holding but that could change at any time.

And can expiring banked points be put into RCI? How about expiring points in holding?

Last edited by bubster; 08-03-2020 at 02:07 PM.
bubster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2020, 02:24 PM   #364
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubster View Post
If I cancel a trip booked with banked points within 31 days, say like 7 days before check in, can those points be reallocated to another already booked trip or will they go into holding? I know they are currently being generous with holding but that could change at any time.

And can expiring banked points be put into RCI? How about expiring points in holding?
Yes expiring banked points can be put into RCI. In fact a CM did this for me over the phone when I cancelled a Sept reservation made with such points. I didn't know it could be done. In RCI they are good through the end of 2022. Frankly I don't know if I will ever use them, but it was nice of her to help me with this.

Don't know about points in holding (but I know who does...)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 04:17 PM   #365
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Default Using banked points

I have never banked points before and when I make a reservation in the future how will I know what points I'm using and if I'm selecting the banked points that will expire before the others in that UY? I'm sure it's simple, but I don't want to mess this up.

I'm always in borrow mode.
Thanks!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2020, 11:31 PM   #366
MMC1
Banned

Does anybody know if the Skyliner has operating weather notices and alternate modes of transport being dispatched? Nothing like walking halfway around the World at Epcot to discover suspicious weather in the vincinity...and what about those don’t want to use a skyliner?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 03:57 AM   #367
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeyorelover22 View Post
I have never banked points before and when I make a reservation in the future how will I know what points I'm using and if I'm selecting the banked points that will expire before the others in that UY? I'm sure it's simple, but I don't want to mess this up.

I'm always in borrow mode.
Thanks!
When you make a reservation the system will use the banked points first.
You also see the points used for the reservation at the point where you get the chance to cancel, right after the confirmation, IIRC.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:27 AM   #368
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
When you make a reservation the system will use the banked points first.
You also see the points used for the reservation at the point where you get the chance to cancel, right after the confirmation, IIRC.
Thank you!
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2020, 07:45 AM   #369
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Does anybody know if the Skyliner has operating weather notices and alternate modes of transport being dispatched?
Nothing in the theme parks that I'm aware of. Riviera does put up signs directing you to the bus stop when it's down.

We've only experienced a Skyliner weather closure while at DHS. Fortunately, the DHS bus depot is just past the Skyliner station.

Quote:
what about those don’t want to use a skyliner?
When the Skyliner is running, bus service between the Skyliner Resorts and Epcot/DHS is reduced to one per hour.