home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-03-2018, 06:15 PM   #1761
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk1982 View Post
Hi MO’s! Paul from Toronto here! I just want to first of all thank everyone (as hard as it is for a Canadian to say “thank you”...!!) for providing the all the terrific information concerning DVC!

My DW and I have been going to WDW for a few years now, staying offsite every time. But it was on our last trip that we added up the cost of the rental car, parking at the parks, liability insurance and the car seats needed for our 2DS (5 and 3) and DD (1), and saw that staying on the resort was actually an economical choice.

So we spent some of our last trip touring some of the DVC resorts and realized that WDW vacations are what we want to invest in long-term. My DW and I are both busy professionals, so we value our vacation time quite highly. We do not own a cottage nor do we take ski vacations, so DVC is the answer for us.

Of course I wish that our exchange rate was a tad more favourable (currently at around $1US = $0.78Cdn), but I am definitely a person who will always find the reasons why NOT to do something major. The timing is never going to be perfect. But our kids are only going to be young once (cliché, but true), and this is something we are fortunate enough to be able to do. Plus, I figure that once we’re in, our exposure to currency fluctuations actually decreases.

We are currently awaiting an ROFR decision on the Polynesian (which feels like it takes forever, eh? I heard Einstein figured out time is relative by waiting on ROFR!), which would be our first DVC contract. Our kids generally still require afternoon naps (especially on park days!), so the proximity to the TTC, plus the theming, the pools, the restaurants, the monorail (our boys are obsessed with it, and in fact would probably prefer the parking lot view just to see it!), etc., not to mention the length of the contract, made this our #1. When the boys hit their teenage years, I expect that we will add on at a place like AKL (which was our #2), or just take on a second studio at Poly. Regardless though, we’re just excited to have made a commitment to vacationing at WDW long-term.

Thanks again, and I hope to call myself a true “Mouse Owner” soon enough!
Welcome to MO and good luck with ROFR!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #1762
tomandeileen92
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Looking for some advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Data View Post
If you are a new member here at MouseOwners, we would love to get to know you!

Please introduce yourself by clicking on that "Post Reply" button.

We are glad you are here and hope you will come back often.

If you’re new to MouseOwners, or new to DVC, we strongly suggest you start off by reviewing our list of “Must Read” topics.

If you've found your way to MouseOwners because you are seriously considering buying DVC, it makes sense to do some homework before buying. We'd recommend you start with "An Introduction to DVC for Beginners (Primer)" thread.

Again, welcome to MouseOwners, and we hope to see ya back real soon!

We are new to mouseowners but DVC member since '97. I'm hoping to purchase points and have posted on I think the appropriate place but how do I "bump" my add for purchasing points?
Thx for any advice. Eileen
tomandeileen92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:03 PM   #1763
Poly2017

Default New to Mouse Owners

Hi all,

new to the site and to DVC, joined Aug 2017 although we have been to Disney resorts every year for the past 10 years. Just wished we joined sooner. Looking forward to learning all the tips and tricks you all use to make your vacations even more enjoyable

Mark
Poly2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 03:04 PM   #1764
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poly2017 View Post
Hi all,

new to the site and to DVC, joined Aug 2017 although we have been to Disney resorts every year for the past 10 years. Just wished we joined sooner. Looking forward to learning all the tips and tricks you all use to make your vacations even more enjoyable

Mark
Welcome to MO Mark!!

Old 04-10-2018, 07:59 PM   #1765
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Hi all,

Mark

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:24 PM   #1766
tomandeileen92

Quote:
Hi all,

Mark
Hi Mark.
We are new B's also to MO. There's lots of info here! I learn something new each time I visit the site. I think you'll enjoy the banter.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:35 PM   #1767
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandeileen92 View Post
Hi Mark.
We are new B's also to MO. There's lots of info here! I learn something new each time I visit the site. I think you'll enjoy the banter.

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 09:40 PM   #1768
tomandeileen92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Data View Post
If you are a new member here at MouseOwners, we would love to get to know you!

Please introduce yourself by clicking on that "Post Reply" button.

We are glad you are here and hope you will come back often.

If you’re new to MouseOwners, or new to DVC, we strongly suggest you start off by reviewing our list of “Must Read” topics.

If you've found your way to MouseOwners because you are seriously considering buying DVC, it makes sense to do some homework before buying. We'd recommend you start with "An Introduction to DVC for Beginners (Primer)" thread.

Again, welcome to MouseOwners, and we hope to see ya back real soon!

So I have gotten this message several times to introduce ourselves to MO and have sent a short synopsis. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly or perhaps you want to know more so I'll try once again. We have been DVC members since '97. OKW is our home resort. We live on the west coast so only visit WDW every few years. I'm very excited to find this site since we have run into the situation of being a few points short for our trips or on the other hand have had our points expire unused. UGH! such a waist. We are heading there this fall for the food and wine event with our grown kids and their SO's. Very excited to
share WDW with them since they've never been(SO's). Posted on the transfer board for some points to round out our trip at VB. Hoping that will work out. Love reading all your posts but still navigating the in's and out's of the site.
Thx Eileen
Old 04-11-2018, 04:40 AM   #1769
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
We are new to mouseowners but DVC member since '97. I'm hoping to purchase points and have posted on I think the appropriate place but how do I "bump" my add for purchasing points?
Thx for any advice. Eileen

If you are looking to keep your thread on top/page 1 = simply go back and reply "bumping".

Make sure to read the rules and guidelines.....I have never posted there - but would read these first.

Good luck!!

Old 04-13-2018, 06:41 AM   #1770
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Hi all,

Mark
Welcome Home Mark! After ten years of Disney trips you can share plenty Too!

Quote:
So I have gotten this message several times to introduce ourselves to MO and have sent a short synopsis. Maybe I'm not doing it correctly or perhaps you want to know more so I'll try once again. We have been DVC members since '97. OKW is our home resort. We live on the west coast so only visit WDW every few years. I'm very excited to find this site since we have run into the situation of being a few points short for our trips or on the other hand have had our points expire unused. UGH! such a waist. We are heading there this fall for the food and wine event with our grown kids and their SO's. Very excited to
share WDW with them since they've never been(SO's). Posted on the transfer board for some points to round out our trip at VB. Hoping that will work out. Love reading all your posts but still navigating the in's and out's of the site.
Thx Eileen
Don’t you just love sharing the experiences with newbies?! Have fun!
beansprout is offline   Reply With Quote