home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 10:12 AM   #21
DVCCarly
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

WOW! Such a great trip report, filled with so much detail! Can't wait to hear what happens next!
DVCCarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:16 AM   #22
DVC Lindsay

Loving the attention to all the little details on this trip (most especially the mailboxes, obviously)! I won't participate in your quiz because I don't want to ruin it for others, but know that I think it's awesome!
DVC Lindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 10:21 AM   #23
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Great report!!

Just one comment: when you capitalize Disney Magic and Fantasy, they become cruise ships!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:46 AM   #24
Lolaura84
Studio

I most noticed the Disney resort foliage while staying at the Beach Club Villas in late April and was amazed by the gorgeous smell of the flowers on the walk from the Solarium to the Villas lobby - I think they might have been gardenias? They were pretty white flowers and I couldn't believe the amount of fragrance that was coming off them!
Lolaura84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 01:20 PM   #25
DVC-Cassie

Great job Greg!

It looks like you guys are having one wonderful adventure and learning truly what it feels like to experience the Disney Magic!

I can't wait to hear all the stories when you return and see Disney from Matt's point of view!

DVC-Cassie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:39 PM   #26
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

I'm going to guess the mailboxes are:
1 - BWV
2 - BCV
3 - VGF
4 - BLT
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 03:55 PM   #27
all4disney
Studio

I'm guessing:
1-VGF
2-BCV
3-BWV
4-BLT
all4disney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 04:15 PM   #28
micca
Two Bedroom

Really enjoyed you enjoying all the details! Bonus points for the pics of the hidden speakers.
micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #29
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Just having fun following along!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:17 AM   #30
DVCMatt

Default Day Four

Hi, I’m Matthew but you probably know me better as dvcmatt. As Greg was your “Captain of the Senses” for the first half of our report, let me just say “I am zee Captain now”.

Prior to leaving for our trip we ordered our Magic band skins, this was a tough choice for me as there were so many options. Honestly, I had help from some coworkers breaking it down to my final choice, which ended up being Captain Hook!

Before arriving, I had been informed that Captain Hook was one of the rarer character interactions and not to get my hopes up of seeing him. However at David’s I have learned that we never say never! On the very first night of our trip I spotted the man himself walking from the ferry dock into the Contemporary. Without any hesitation I yelled “get the autograph books!” Hook is a busy man and sadly didn’t have time to interact with us, but who can blame him as he was probably making plans as to how to catch Peter. The feeling of seeing the character took me instantly back to my childhood, and the fun hasn’t stopped since! Unfortunately, everything happened so quickly in this moment that not only did I not get the autograph books but I also didn’t get a picture of Hook with my camera. I was too busy and too excited to think straight. However, I did take this photo just prior to seeing Captain Hook, does anyone know where this is, or possibly also taken their photo with it?

Disney is truly a magical place, and for me the biggest sense has been this sense of Magic. It started when we arrived at the Orlando airport – or as I know it MCO, thank you Magical Express. The magic seems to emanate outwards from the park, unable to be contained. The closer I got to the park the younger I began to feel. I left Buffalo airport (BUF) at 30 years old and now feel about 6. Just look at these amazing Happily Ever After fireworks and you will certainly be able to see the kind of Magic I am talking about.

One of the most magical things that happened to me today was meeting a cast member named Carolyn in the Contempo Café.

I smiled at her and then after working up the courage asked her if I could take her photo as I thought it would be a good example of the theming of the cast members work clothes, as each resort is so different. Carolyn was happy to be in a photo and said jokingly “you gotta get in here with me”, her happy attitude is contagious. After the photo we went to the table to wait for our food to come. As we were waiting Carolyn walks up to me and hands me the biggest piece of cake packaged in a plastic container to take home.

After this unbelievably kind gesture Carolyn also brought us our food and asked if there was anything else we needed. We said thank you and that everything was great! She left and came right back with our cutlery and napkins! I stood up and gave her a big hug and told her that she made my day; it was a very special moment! All of the cast members I have had the pleasure of interacting with around the resorts and parks have been exceptional and have always gone the extra mile to make things special for me!

Later in the day we took a Minnie van (how can you not love the pun) to Animal Kingdom. The Minnie vans are Chevy Travereses fully loaded with all the bells and whistles which also included a variety of charging cables for your phone in the back seat. Our driver (Victoria) has been a cast member since 1992 when she had come on a family trip and loved it so much that she sent in a resume “for fun”…turns out she got the job and she said “guess I’m moving to Florida”. Victoria had Disney music playing in the car and even let us select which Disney songs we wanted to listen to, we let her decide. It was great listening to her stories and getting an in-depth look at the things she has noticed and tips she had for us around the park. Overall, I would recommend this service to anyone at least once as it is door to door service with exceptional customer service.

Once we had arrived at Animal Kingdom we had to motor so we didn’t miss our fastpasses at Flight of passage. We were taught the “Disney walk” which seemed to me very similar to the pre-jog, it worked though and we arrived in Pandora, another world, just under the wire.

I had heard a lot about flight of passage and was excited to finally be able to try it myself. It was a ride unlike any I had ever ridden before. As you go onto the ride you are matched in a chamber to your Ikran, better known as Banshees. After this point you are given one final chance to back out by the cast member watching over you as it can be an intense experience for some guests. You sit on what looks like the front half of a motor cycle and they strap you in. It was at this point I was wondering if I had made a mistake. Let me just say this is one of the most funs rides I have ever been on! The ride plays on all of your senses including sight with the 3d glasses, sounds of the banshees and epic Avatar music playing, as well as the spray/mist as you fly above the water. After the ride was over I couldn’t stop smiling, I can say I now know what it feels like to fly, this is a ride you must try!

After flight of passage we went to Pandora’s quick service restaurant Satu‘li Canteen for a bite to eat, how can you pass up eating in a barracks on Pandora. The meal was delicious and was prepared to look like something out of this world.

After our meal we walked over, no longer at our Disney pace to go on the Safari Tour. You board onto a massive truck and are taken on a tour of the Safari park. The park is filled with a wide variety of animals, including lions, warthogs, zebras, giraffes, okapi and much more! The guided tour lasted about 20 minutes in which you are given interesting information about the animals you come across. For instance did you know that the Zebra is black with white stripes, we can tell as their noses are black.

What is your favorite thing to do at Animal Kingdom? Thanks for tuning in, and and stay tuned for the rest of our adventures!
DVCMatt is offline   Reply With Quote