home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-02-2018, 01:46 PM   #1
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Default Photo TR: Dragon Flight (April 2018, MinnieMomofOne)

Hello, MOs! It has been awhile since my last TR, mostly because I have yet to find a good way to upload and share photos. However, last week's visit was so much fun I feel compelled to find a way to share it! So, I'll start with stories & figure out photos.

Samantha, our soon-to-be-eight-years-old DD, has been fascinated with dragons for a couple of years. This intense fascination started with DH began reading from the Wings of Fire series with Samantha. They've since finished the series and are awaiting the next novel with the same level of anticipation kids used to have for the next Harry Potter book.

Samantha does not like roller coasters. She did Mine Train once and the Goofy coaster in fantasy land once. We tried Star Tours once. Those were all one time rides for her and she is firm she will never do them again. While she may change her mind in adolescence, right now she is very, very anti-thrill ride. However, she loves Soaring. Many of the review of Flight of Passage in Pandora compare it to Soaring.

So I told Samantha we were going to ride a dragon on this trip. That's all the child talked about the week before we left. So, in her honor, this is the Dragon Flight TR!

Quick Links:
Amy's Disney books: Camping Disney and A Year of Disney. Both books were inspired by my Mouseowners Trip Reports. For more on the books plus blog posts, photos and videos, check out my new blog: ThemeParkBooks.

Last edited by MinnieMomofOne; 05-13-2018 at 04:55 PM.
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:03 PM   #2
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Looking forward to reading! Oh, and please let us know how you solve the photo issue.
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 02:11 PM   #3
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieMomofOne View Post
Hello, MOs! It has been awhile since my last TR, mostly because I have yet to find a good way to upload and share photos. However, last week's visit was so much fun I feel compelled to find a way to share it! So, I'll start with stories & figure out photos.

So I told Samantha we were going to ride a dragon on this trip. That's all the child talked about the week before we left. So, in her honor, this is the Dragon Flight TR!
Looking forward to it! Glad to have you back.
Old 05-02-2018, 02:14 PM   #4
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Glad to see you back, Amy! Hard to believe that Samantha is almost 8! Holy cow! Looking forward to your report!
Old 05-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #5
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Woo hoo!
Iíll following!
JudieHopps is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 PM   #6
DisneyObsessed
Studio

So fun! I remember your last trip report. Our daughters are right at the same age and Iím also a mom of one. We, too, loved the Wings of Fire series. My dd8 loves any fantasy type novels really. The Land of Stories is another great series, especially for the fairytale inclined. Itís worth a read for Disney fans as well. We are on a mid series hiatus as the content got a little heavy for her. Sheís not a Harry Potter fan at the moment bc of heavy/scary content (of book one!) if that gives you an idea.

Iím looking forward to hearing her ďFODĒexperience.
DisneyObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 08:58 PM   #7
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Looking forward to it, Amy!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #8
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Welcome back! Oops..... I mean Welcome Home!
Looking forward to the TR
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 11:54 AM   #9
SnowWhite4
Grand Villa

Following along!
Old 05-03-2018, 02:10 PM   #10
eandjmom
One Bedroom

Dragon Flight, I love it!! Following along
eandjmom is offline   Reply With Quote