home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-15-2018, 08:21 PM   #61
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Remy
Iím sure many will disagree with me, but I found it extremely disappointing. A complete disaster. Number one, I was not told that I could not use my wine package at Remy. It was allowed at Palo. So, the sommelier is trying to sell me some ridiculously priced wine by the bottle. I settled on a glass of wine. I felt like I was being hustled. The next night in the MDR, the waiter asked me if I used my wine in Remy. So apparently there is some confusion about the wine package and Remy.

Next our waitress, a lovely young woman, had the thickest French accent and spoke so fast, that we could not understand anything she said. It was ridiculous asking her to repeat herself two and three times and still not understanding. It must have been on my record that I have a seafood allergy, because we managed to get that straight. So finally I told her that I was in her hands, make a menu for us, no seafood, and we would go with that.

Nothing was special. Nothing was out of this world delicious. The portions were comically small. The desserts were so sickly sweet that I couldnít believe people could enjoy them. The standout was the cheese platter- that was excellent. This was not V&A.

Iím often the odd man out with my allergy, but this was just not that great. I wouldnít bother going back.

I have a few awful pictures

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Sun, Sea, and Romance-Once Upon a Fantasy
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 10:23 AM   #62
Boundin'
Grand Villa

It seems like most people take part in pirate night, especially those with kids. These two big kids did anyway. Pirates were everywhere.

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...
5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib *** 9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas***10/2018 A Quick Stop at Pop!***BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year ***5/2019 BWV-Fantasy-BLT Western Carib

Old 06-18-2018, 09:18 AM   #63
Boundin'
Grand Villa

The Golden Mickey by RT Images, on Flickr

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Old 06-18-2018, 10:18 PM   #64
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I think the only thing left to talk about from the cruise was Castaway Cay. The weather cooperated and it was a lovely day. Again, we didn't exert ourselves- no snorkeling, bicycling, or 5K; just relaxation on the beach and a nice lunch and then hit up the gift shops. The food on Castaway Cay was very good. A big BBQ with ribs, chicken, burgers, dogs, and all kinds of sides. Very nice.

I have few pictures.

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Old 06-19-2018, 01:24 AM   #65
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Continuing to enjoy immensely! Hopefully not over yet.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 03:15 AM   #66
AnnaS
Grand Villa

We love, love Castaway Cay.

Loving your pictures
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:16 PM   #67
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Continuing to enjoy immensely! Hopefully not over yet.
Thank you. A bit more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaS View Post
We love, love Castaway Cay.

Loving your pictures
Thanks

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Old 06-20-2018, 11:22 PM   #68
Boundin'
Grand Villa

A few more cruise thoughts. There are some fireworks on pirate night. They are nothing compared to anything in the parks, but they are cool enough to draw a crowd of other cruise ships in the area that want to see fireworks.

The Fantasy had a horn battle with the Celebrity Equinox. It was hysterical. Disney ships have a whole repertoire of songs. Other cruise lines have...a horn. There are a bunch of you tube videos out there you can check out.

The ship had a ton of great junk food constantly available. Burgers, dogs, pretty bad pizza, an excellent spicy chicken sandwich, great chicken salad, philly cheese steaks, etc, etc. And always ice cream.

Your last night at Animators Palate, you do a drawing before dinner. Then later on, they take everyone's drawing and make a cartoon out of it and play it in the dining room. It's pretty cool.

Your last breakfast is at the first MDR in the rotation. Our's was in Animator's Palate. So that was the last time we saw our table-mates. We exchanged email addresses and said our goodbyes. And that was the last time you could give some extra tips to your servers, which we did, and bid them goodbye.

So that was the cruise. Off the ship by about 9am and off to The Boardwalk for a few days.

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Last edited by Boundin'; 06-20-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:11 PM   #69
Boundin'
Grand Villa

After the cruise we stayed three nights at the Boardwalk in a BW View studio. There were two things of interest to me in The World at that time; the Flower and Garden Festival and reservations I had for The Edison.

I rarely venture to Downton Disney, but I would make an exception for The Edison, ("TE"). I was a huge fan of the Adventurers Club and Pleasure Island, and I was curious what they had put on the hallowed ground of the late Adventurer's Club.

We had to wait a bit for our table and did so at the bar. It's a nice bar with some interesting beer selections. We took in the excellent Steampunk Theme and people watched some of the patrons who were in costumes.

We were lucky enough to score a very good table upstairs with a good view of the entertainment. The food was OK. Pretty good gastro-pub type fare. The service was good also. Our waitress, although very busy running around, seemed eager to please.

There was a three-piece band with a singer. They were quite good. A jazzy, bluesy, speak-easy type band. Very enjoyable. Then three flapper type girls came out and posed a bit and did a bit of dancing some might call risque. That was about 10 minutes of that. Then there was a short Cirque-like acrobat for about five minutes..meh.

After that a DJ kicked in, and I must admit, he was quite good. Immediately the dance floor was filled and he kept it rockin' until we decided to call it a night.

TE is a good addition to Downton Disney. It's another option if you are so inclined to visit that area. But does it replace the Adventurer's Club? Not even close.

Trip reports:
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

Last edited by Boundin'; 06-27-2018 at 09:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:48 PM   #70
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

I tried that bacon last visit. Excellent.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote