home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-13-2018, 02:58 PM   #31
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowrbazzle View Post
I like your plan. Those cabins seem really nice. They're way outside my "point range," but once the kids get older I could really see the benefit of the space and place to relax on the water. I imagine they'll generally have availability at the 7-month mark so any kind of points would do, making it a less expensive proposition. 75 @ OKW is a drop in the bucket, right?

And, yeah, we were very happy with the Polynesian transportation. We only had one instance of monorail problems, at which point we just hoofed it over to the big boat. And we only needed to fold the giant stroller twice all week - which was a huge plus.

Glad to hear your service was better at Skipper Canteen. I figured we just got a lousy server. My kids were having a rough time so I know we weren't the ideal guests, but it was still off-putting. I did move the silverware to another table. I think we'd definitely try it again, but maybe in the main dining room where an occasional shout from a 3-year-old wouldn't be quite so disturbing.
The other option for us is to do OKW 1 bedrooms more often too LOL. I do think adding on 75-100 points would be doable. I might want to anyway. Heck I'd even be the SSR owner who doesn't like it there just to get something cheap. Realistically I would be happy with almost anywhere.

Usually when we are at PVB, we don't even do the monorail from the resort to the park. With us being able to be without a bag, I'm happy to use the boats. If we had a bag, I probably would pick the smaller water boat from the Polynesian dock. That's part of why we like PVB - all the options.

I will say after being in the main dining room and the back room with the butterflies, I'm not sure one is really better than another for noise. We've had really fun servers so I'm sorry you had such a poor experience. Maybe the server was tired of everything tasting like chicken to be happy? Who knows. Definitely try again though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvf_diva View Post
*Excellent* photos -- you guys look so fun.
Thanks for sharing with us about your trip!
Thank you! We try to have fun. I just need to teach my husband where the picture on Pirates is
Old 06-14-2018, 11:41 AM   #32
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Great pictures! So glad your dad got to relax and have fun.
I like the Rebecca cell phone holder, her tassel fringe touches add something. I like your KS too!
Disney54us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #33
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
Great pictures! So glad your dad got to relax and have fun.
I like the Rebecca cell phone holder, her tassel fringe touches add something. I like your KS too!
I wasn't able to see the Rebecca one in person to double check the size. KS had one with a tassel but I was worried about color transfer since it would have been so new. KS just came out with a sleeve I might have to look at as well and make sure my phone fits. As someone who doesn't have a phone that really fits in pockets, I like options LOL

But yes, my dad did have a fun and relaxing vacation. He said it was a great reset for him.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:52 PM   #34
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I wasn't able to see the Rebecca one in person to double check the size. KS had one with a tassel but I was worried about color transfer since it would have been so new. KS just came out with a sleeve I might have to look at as well and make sure my phone fits. As someone who doesn't have a phone that really fits in pockets, I like options LOL

But yes, my dad did have a fun and relaxing vacation. He said it was a great reset for him.
I never feel comfortable with my phone in pockets. I donít have a plus size phone but still too easy for it to slip out and get lost or dropand break.

Great to hear about dad, nice to get a reset..
Old 06-14-2018, 07:42 PM   #35
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney54us View Post
I never feel comfortable with my phone in pockets. I donít have a plus size phone but still too easy for it to slip out and get lost or dropand break.

Great to hear about dad, nice to get a reset..
My phone isn't the 6+ inch screens but it's not as small as the regular iPhones are either. I think even one that 'small' wouldn't feel safe. Too many of my friends lose phones to toilets and while mine is highly water resistant (IP68), I wouldn't want to use it after it fell

If you are interested here's the sleeve I just saw
https://www.katespade.com/products/p.../8ARU2614.html

I like the saffiano over other types of leather as it is a bit more durable. I could see myself just using that in a regular purse too and leaving some credit card stuff behind. I'm getting more minimalist in what I carry it seems now.
Old 06-15-2018, 07:52 PM   #36
Disney54us
Grand Villa

Thatís cute, wish the name wasnít so prevelent and in gold. Agree I try to keep what I carry, simple.i donít do the parks from early morning into the night. We break head to the resort then head out again, so I donít need to be Ďpreparedí for tons of what ifs. Kids are grown so donít need all the stuff that was needed when they were young. Even back then if all else failed, those baby stations are a god send.