home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Resorts
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-14-2018, 03:24 PM   #31
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I donít remember wanting a particular area, just something near the elevators. Since they have so many, I was surprised that they werenít able to fill that request. But they canít meet every request.
For our Jambo trip in April, I used the resort layout map from Touring Plans and made a request for 4 specific rooms. I was given the second choice on my list. Very happy with our room location!

I think that a couple of things were an unpleasant surprise at Kidani.
1. I had no real concept of how large and sprawling the resort actually is. There also wasnít a quick service restaurant there. I think I knew that, but didnít realize that it would be such a pain to have to go to Jambo for that.
2. I think I had some unrealistic ideas about the Savannah view.

Between the really long hallways and the limited animal sightings, it just didnít meet my expectations. With Jambo I probably went in with lower expectations, and was very pleasantly surprised. My DH just recalls the long hallways and ďuncomfortable bedsĒ. I donít remember the beds being bad, but he does. Everyoneís likes and dislikes are so very different. Fortunately, DVC offers something for everyone. Iím really excited for him to try Jambo with me this time. I really hope that he appreciates it as much as I do!
Kidani has Maji Pool that can do QS in addition to private dining option. I've seen it repeatedly said that they don't have one, but while they didn't for breakfast until Sanaa, they did for other meals.

Personally for savanna I prefer Kidani but that's our own personal preferences. We love the animals there.