home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-25-2017, 02:31 PM   #271
Nickys
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Thanks! Knew this would be quicker than looking it up!
I'm trying not to park hop this time. I didn't promise myself anything about TOTWL!
That's definitely not park hopping, it's lounge hopping, a perfect option for an afternoon / evening break from the parks.

We like the food up in TOTWL too. There's a decent flatbread, a cheese board option, and of course the 7 layer chocolate cake! We order a couple of dishes to start and then see how hungry people are after, maybe order another one.

You'll love it
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #272
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
That's definitely not park hopping, it's lounge hopping, a perfect option for an afternoon / evening break from the parks.

We like the food up in TOTWL too. There's a decent flatbread, a cheese board option, and of course the 7 layer chocolate cake! We order a couple of dishes to start and then see how hungry people are after, maybe order another one.

You'll love it
Thanks! I'll have to check that out!
Old 03-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #273
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Now for my next stupid question...
Does Epcot change the "reflections" show around for different seasons/festivals like they do with the MK fireworks? Or is it the same old show 365 days a year? Don't shoot me, but it's just not one of my favorites...
Old 03-25-2017, 02:48 PM   #274
dicriseg
Studio

Quote:
Now for my next stupid question...
Does Epcot change the "reflections" show around for different seasons/festivals like they do with the MK fireworks? Or is it the same old show 365 days a year? Don't shoot me, but it's just not one of my favorites...
Sort of. I'm not sure of the exact changes, but around Christmas the show is a little different.
dicriseg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 02:51 PM   #275
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicriseg View Post
Sort of. I'm not sure of the exact changes, but around Christmas the show is a little different.
But Flower and Garden, same old show? Meh. Probably skip that in favor of something else then.
Old 03-25-2017, 03:06 PM   #276
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I haven't been there yet, but I've also read that you can just take the elevator to 15, and then the stairs up to 16. Any truth to that?

Yes, usually possible I do believe. Have yet to test myself, though.

Quote:
But Flower and Garden, same old show? Meh. Probably skip that in favor of something else then.

Yup, same show. Only from the day after Thanksgiving through New Year's is there the additional holiday tag at the end.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM   #277
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post

You'll love it
My kids like the pretzel dish too. I like the way they mix the drinks (strong)!

beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:17 AM   #278
Nickys
Studio

Quote:
I haven't been there yet, but I've also read that you can just take the elevator to 15, and then the stairs up to 16. Any truth to that?
I think it's a possible option, or used to be.

However at Christmas when we were there, I heard some say they'd tried and couldn't. It might just be at busy times that they need to control who, and how many, get in. Or they might be trying to ensure it remains a DVC privilege, rather than letting renters use it.

We were asked for our DVC card a couple of times whilst in the lounge too.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote