home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > LIFE AFTER DVC > Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #31
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
My BWV are blue card... not my BRV. Weíve done the member Moonlight magic, we donít cruise, donít use concierge... what will I be missing?
Discount on DVC Gold AP. Thats all that matters to us, yet we have never purchased an AP. Since perks come and go, not a factor for us.
Old 12-05-2020, 04:38 PM   #32
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetheboardwalk View Post
My BWV are blue card... not my BRV. Weíve done the member Moonlight magic, we donít cruise, donít use concierge... what will I be missing?
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWV Dreamin View Post
Discount on DVC Gold AP. Thats all that matters to us, yet we have never purchased an AP. Since perks come and go, not a factor for us.
I mainly use the blue card for my Gold AP. We also use it for merchandise and dining discounts. Weíve done the MM parties, and I got to do the Pandora soft open, which was amazing! Iíve enjoyed the perks that come with the card. What are you missing? Probably nothing. As Hope pointed out, perks come and go. I would never buy points just to get perks, but I wonít sell those grandfathered points, either. Everyone is different. Sounds like youíve ďbeen there, done thatĒ and donít really need the perks anymore.
Old 12-09-2020, 12:51 PM   #33
Crafty
Grand Villa

We bought our direct contract because my husband wanted to be eligible to go on a member cruise. No....we have never gone on one after all.

We have purchased gold APs in the past and have enjoyed the discount, but I doubt if we will be buying them in the future.

The discounts on merch and food seem to be replicated in most places by AP discounts. If you will be buying an AP anyway, the DVC discounts donít add much.

Since we are not buying APs now, we will occasionally use a discount at HHI. That is about it.

Unless you have a large family and buy all of them gold APs, you will not benefit much from the blue card. That being said, we are keeping ours just in case something new comes up.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 01:56 PM   #34
5 Mouseketeers
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by richviii View Post

We started going to Disney far more once we had DVC. How we found it easier to fly to Orlando and go to Disney instead of the beach 3 hours away, I don't know. I think like most our habits changed and it was something new and different.
We're the same way...live outside of Annapolis and the in-laws have a place in OC, but it's "easier" for us to go to WDW with DVC, annual passes, and SW points/companion fares. This has been a down year for us...and we'll still be there 3 times (assuming we end up going the week after x-mas as planned).
Old 12-10-2020, 05:27 AM   #35
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We bought our direct contract because my husband wanted to be eligible to go on a member cruise. No....we have never gone on one after all.

We have purchased gold APs in the past and have enjoyed the discount, but I doubt if we will be buying them in the future.

The discounts on merch and food seem to be replicated in most places by AP discounts. If you will be buying an AP anyway, the DVC discounts donít add much.

Since we are not buying APs now, we will occasionally use a discount at HHI. That is about it.

Unless you have a large family and buy all of them gold APs, you will not benefit much from the blue card. That being said, we are keeping ours just in case something new comes up.
Just curious what type of tickets you are thinking about buying in the future.

We used to buy the park hopping plus non expiry tickets. We bought them for years at first. We went the opposite and started buying the APs. Just makes more sense for us now comparing prices especially since they don't sell the non-expiry ones. Really miss those.

Sometimes I don't renew and just buy a new AP when my plans are more than 6-7 months down the road. I had a hard time now - renew my AP that expires 3/2021 (get two trips out of it or buy a new AP for 11/2021 (get three trips out of it). Since they are not selling new APs - I decided to buy 7 day hoppers. Two tickets $1,381. The hope is that they will start selling AP again before our 11/2021 trip and I will upgrade us. If not.......I lost on a second trip

(This has nothing to do with buying resale/direct). Just curious - if I am calculating wrong or should consider other options. Buy less days, buy base tickets, etc. etc.

We have not gone on a member cruise either - at first it was never the right time, kids were in school and then down the road, we already had more than one trip planned

TIA.

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 01:31 PM   #36
Crafty
Grand Villa

That is a tough question.

APs are definitely a good value, especially the gold blue card discounted ones.

Our big uncertainty is how much we will be wanting to go into the parks. EPCOT is the only park that all of us are interested in. I like DS for the eating and shopping. The young adults like the night experiences. We all like the music at Raglan Road. We also like to resort hop.

The young people are more interested in Universal than Disney. Maybe an annual pass there would provide more benefit than a Disney AP.

On one trip, we satisfied our Disney cravings by buying tickets to MVMCP. MNSSHP is another option, along with Moonlight Magic.

I just donít know what we will do about tickets in the future. I canít quite envision what WDW will be like after the pandemic has waned and what we will want to do then.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 07:42 PM   #37
AnnaS
Add-on Aficionado

I hear you and thank you.

We don't always have to be in the park each day. 4pm on for DVC members would satisfy us too here and there - we enjoy Epcot too!!!

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote