home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM   #351
Loro
Grand Villa

NY sends help to Florida, and DeSantis denies it. DeSantis really is a piece of work who is way out of his depth dealing with this.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/07/12/polit...vir/index.html
Loro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:43 PM   #352
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Sorry, Helenabear and Ericthewise.

I shouldn’t have brought up the Columbus Zoo. I seem to have disturbed the Force by doing so and Ohio is now on the Quarantine List.

However, Delaware came off after just one week, so it looks like Winterthur is back on over Longwood.

That is, unless PA gets put on the list. Wear your masks, Western PA!!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:45 PM   #353
pdude81
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

I shouldn’t have brought up the Columbus Zoo. I seem to have disturbed the Force by doing so and Ohio is now on the Quarantine List.

However, Delaware came off after just one week, so it looks like Winterthur is back on over Longwood.

Dirk
Florida just has to lose a few thousand positive tests to get off the list, right? Not that tough a lift ;-)
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:49 PM   #354
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Florida just has to lose a few thousand positive tests to get off the list, right? Not that tough a lift ;-)
Heh. Florida could get of NJ’s list and we’d still be on Florida’s list. I’m never going to get back to Florida. . . .

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:50 PM   #355
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk
I couldn't remember where this was to scold you earlier, but yeah I thought of you. I honestly couldn't figure out why Ohio was on though because our positivity rate is staying stable and has since April. But hey, I'm not in control. I'm in the county with a large city (#14 in the country) and we're still doing good with hospitalizations and ICU beds. Eh whatever. We were doing better before so maybe a certain person in charge's changes this week will help us. I do see a difference locally too so hopefully we'll keep improving. Our county did go down in numbers which is good.

Maybe a different part of the state is hosing it up but masks are required indoors where they weren't before in many counties. Many local cities started last week or so too. I'm not too worried as I didn't have plans to go to NYC for work anytime soon anyway. Hopefully it's a wake up call for people here who have been fighting tooth and nail. We aren't baaaad but we were better.
Old Today, 08:45 PM   #356
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I couldn't remember where this was to scold you earlier, but yeah I thought of you. I honestly couldn't figure out why Ohio was on though because our positivity rate is staying stable and has since April. But hey, I'm not in control. I'm in the county with a large city (#14 in the country) and we're still doing good with hospitalizations and ICU beds. Eh whatever. We were doing better before so maybe a certain person in charge's changes this week will help us. I do see a difference locally too so hopefully we'll keep improving. Our county did go down in numbers which is good.

Maybe a different part of the state is hosing it up but masks are required indoors where they weren't before in many counties. Many local cities started last week or so too. I'm not too worried as I didn't have plans to go to NYC for work anytime soon anyway. Hopefully it's a wake up call for people here who have been fighting tooth and nail. We aren't baaaad but we were better.
I think Ohio's problem is that we have too many counties! (88) My suburban/rural county is doing OK. The number of cases slowly increases but our deaths have thankfully been frozen at 9 for some time. I suspect but don't know that most/all of those are from nursing homes.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:58 PM   #357
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
I think Ohio's problem is that we have too many counties! (88) My suburban/rural county is doing OK. The number of cases slowly increases but our deaths have thankfully been frozen at 9 for some time. I suspect but don't know that most/all of those are from nursing homes.
Yeah I might not be up on everything, but the state rates were okay I thought. Middle of the road, but they could also not like the direction we were headed. Who knows. But yes 88 counties - same as number of keys on a keyboard. We're nuts. Hopefully we'll get it together but at the rate we are all going NY won't allow anyone soon lol