home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-14-2019, 11:24 PM   #101
Crafty
Grand Villa

We didnít buy at the Poly.......no washer/dryer. Yes, true enjoyment of my vacations is dependent on appliances.

In another thread a while back, someone said that the L14 resorts had all the good locations. I agree.

In my opinion, Disney will not be adding rooms to the L14 resorts. They have committed to the new policy of resale restrictions and I believe that all future DVC rooms will have them.

Poly has a prime location. So does BLT. And VGF. I believe that Disney would very much like to have new resorts there that would sell direct like hot cakes, even with the restrictions. Even if they were small, it would reinforce their commitment to the restrictions and penalize all new resale buyers.

With RR, Disney is attempting to create an EPCOT, HS resort. There really wasnít any room near BCV and BWV to build. Now that there are restrictions there, Disney would like them in the MK area, as well. Donít forget that REFL is also in the works and it is large. Building some boutique DVCs with restrictions would add a deluxe feel and exclusivity in prime locations.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:43 AM   #102
paige
Studio

We're SO disappointed in that too. Just got home yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawfish View Post
One change they HAVE made that disappointed us - SUSHI in the lobby is gone. You have to actually go into Kona to get sushi now. Bummed beyond relief, it was one of our all-time favorite things to do. Get sushi and watch the monorail people. We liked it was so much more casual. We miss it already...
paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 11:47 AM   #103
paige
Studio

I don't know when it closed but it stinks! They were begging for people to eat at Kona while we were there, it kept popping up in MDE that reservations were available. We did eat there for lunch and I do not like the new menu and service was extremely slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawfish View Post
I am not quite sure but it is gone gone gone. Nothing over there now except a few treats and some drinks. We went in August but did not eat there, so never noticed if it was there or not. Highly bummed about this too. One of our very favs... and it was ALWAYS busy. But Kona was not, so maybe that is why? Prices at Kona are higher too for the same sushi.
paige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 12:50 PM   #104
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by paige View Post
I don't know when it closed but it stinks! They were begging for people to eat at Kona while we were there, it kept popping up in MDE that reservations were available. We did eat there for lunch and I do not like the new menu and service was extremely slow.

Never should have changed the menu a few years back.
Old 10-15-2019, 11:31 PM   #105
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Never should have changed the menu a few years back.
Agreed. I enjoyed Kona quite a bit before. Have not eaten there in a few years now though after the big menu change removed a lot that I loved.

I thought I saw something today that Kona had added several old menu items back. That would be nice if correct.