home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #61
Obie1DVC2014
Studio

I'm exhausted just from reading about your experience.

Glad it worked out in the end. Now just relax, forget about the hassle, and get ready to have a great vacation.
Obie1DVC2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 01:56 PM   #62
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

Love a happy ending! Enjoy!!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:13 PM   #63
Eli's Nana
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Can't believe all you went through - so hard.

Glad it finally worked out for you!
Eli's Nana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 02:57 PM   #64
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I k ow you shorted your stay from the 9th to the 7th, will you try to add another night at kidani or at this point you are done?
Congratulations on the Kidani reservation!!
I actually shortened it from the 12th to the 7th. We were originally planning on "probably" cutting a couple of days at the end anyway, just because of getting close on vacation days at work. After this whole thing went off the rails, I was having a hard time wanting to go at all. It's kind of hard to explain, but shortening it down to just needing 2 days in a DVC resort, which I was thinking surely we could get in a DVC somewhere between the waitlist and RAT stalking, is what gave me the energy to dig it and get it done with those rooms. We did have a back up at POP, but I really did not want to stay there. I've stayed at POP before and it was fine, but it's not DVC. Wouldn't have been so bad if the room was priced according to what i thought it was worth - but we would have been paying average $175/night. No amount of Pixie Dust is going to make me like POP at $175/night. The whole thing about feeling forced to pay way more than I wanted to for a resort I didn't really want all because the ressie I made 11 months ago went up in smoke sucked all the fun out of the trip.

Now that we are happy with the rooms, I thought about trying to add a night, but honestly I am ready to be Done with this trip planning.I've already moved our flights twice as we whittled down our trip. I just don't want to go through any more waitlisting or RAT stalking and then trying to get new flights. I figure the way we have it now, maybe at the end of the trip we will be in that "hate to leave, trip is too short" frame of mind which is how I want to feel about Disney. Maybe when we come back, we'll be in the mood to plan another short trip.

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:22 PM   #65
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tink711 View Post
So, I got a call back from a Sr. Supervisor.

There is nothing they can do. It is what it is - and it's my fault for checking that on-line box.

When they blame YOU for this big cluster, that would get my Irish temper going. I have no advice, no "at least it ended happily", just a lot of sympathy, and a huge "yes, you DID really warn me!" I'm planning a split stay, and I was thinking of doing something similar to what you did at 11 months, then changing a few days at 7 months (ironically, I was thinking of hoping for the VGF for 3 nights, too!) Now I'll revise the dates a little so nothing gets cancelled like yours. How horrible!
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 03:39 PM   #66
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Another update:

When I woke up this morning I had:
12/2-12/5 Confirmed VGF Studio
12/5-12/6 I have confirmed BWV 1 BR Garden - AND - confirmed OKW studio ... hoping maybe I can find 12/6 for either of these.

Waitlist #1 12/5-12/7 SSR Studio Standard
Waitlist #2 12/5-12/7 SSR Studio Preferred.

And of course, a back-up at POP because like a well-trained MO, I know to have a cash backup in these situations.

I get up this morning a check first thing - found SSR Studio Preferred for 12/5, so I book it. Planned to call over lunch to have Waitlist #2 changed to just looking for 1 night. In the old days, I would have done this myself - but I am not doing my WL on-line again.

I had a meeting at my normal lunch time, so it was after 1 when I could finally get back to this.
So, I check and make sure all my ressies and WLs are still there - check.
I go check the RAT - and score - I find 12/5-12/7, the 2 nights I needed, in a 1BR Savannah at Kidani. Color me happy.
I click to take the room. It says I need to borrow. At this point, I don't really care, I'll just bank the other points when I cancel those extra ressies. I say what the heck, I have this room locked in, let me go in my other window (because we all log into DVCmember with at least 2 windows open - right ?), and cancel those other ressies to free up the points, maybe when it goes to next screen it will figure it out. So I proceed to cancel those other ressies. Then I click to confirm my found gem of 2 nights in a row in a room I actually want. I go to the screen where it makes me fill in the points I will be borrowing - oh well - not gonna fuss about that at this point, I'll go to plan B and bank those freed up points. I click submit, I get the error telling me I have to click the "I agree" box. I do, I click submit again.
Cue the music from Psycho shower sceen
I see 7 funny little men on my screen with a message telling me "We're working on it"

I already canceled those other 3 "anchor" ressies that I only had to click the search button at least 100 times to find. I even agreed to borrow points that I really don't need to borrow - all because I finally got a couple of nights and now have enough nights to make a decent vacation out of this mess and now - you - DVC - send Happy, Grumpy, Sleepy. et al to tell me that you ATE my reservation.

This can't be happening.
So in more windows in multiple browsers, more DVC sessions all on the RAT all clicking refresh - where is my room! Simulataneously, I pull out the iphone, click on the Memeber Service number from my contact list, put it on speaker and keep refreshing in between keying in my info on the automated part of the call. In a fairly short period of time, my call was answered and I finally got someone from DVC MS who was actually helpful. They do still exist. She patiently listened to my frantic ramblings about my issues and my ressie then she quickly jumps into action and starts doing repeated searches with me. While we try, she says the system might still be on the 20 minute hold from when I was trying to book it. So, I go back in, back page from the dwarfs - find my ressie, go back through the motions, the little guys are still "working on it". So, I back page again, still on with MS, and cancel my stuck ressie, and the super nice DVC MS CM is able to grab it within about 5 seconds.

We now have a real, confirmed ressie for our final 2 nights.
Bonus - this is a ressie we are looking forward to. We've stayed at Jambo several times, but haven't tried Kidani yet so this will be a chance to try something new - but we know we will like it because how can you not like a 1 BR Savannah view ?

Thanks for following y'all.
All extra ressies, cash back-up and POP and WL's have been canceled.
I can't believe this drama has only been going on since Saturday - it feels like a month.
Along with the waitlist cancellation FYI that you wanted to bring up another FYI is that the multiple browser thing really doesn't work anymore since they implemented the modify reservation and is more likely to mess things up. If I'm in some similar type of search for a room outside of what I have waitlisted and want to use points from some backup I now just search via the modify function in the backup reservation. Another FYI on the Dwarves because I get them too often when booking. Try the back button. It doesn't always work but most of the time it takes you right back where you were and when you try again it goes thru - most of the time.
Old 10-11-2019, 09:25 PM   #67
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
Along with the waitlist cancellation FYI that you wanted to bring up another FYI is that the multiple browser thing really doesn't work anymore since they implemented the modify reservation and is more likely to mess things up. If I'm in some similar type of search for a room outside of what I have waitlisted and want to use points from some backup I now just search via the modify function in the backup reservation. Another FYI on the Dwarves because I get them too often when booking. Try the back button. It doesn't always work but most of the time it takes you right back where you were and when you try again it goes thru - most of the time.
You can change resorts and dates in Modify? I had no idea! That is a great tip. Thank you !!!

Old 10-11-2019, 09:35 PM   #68
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
When they blame YOU for this big cluster, that would get my Irish temper going. I have no advice, no "at least it ended happily", just a lot of sympathy, and a huge "yes, you DID really warn me!" I'm planning a split stay, and I was thinking of doing something similar to what you did at 11 months, then changing a few days at 7 months (ironically, I was thinking of hoping for the VGF for 3 nights, too!) Now I'll revise the dates a little so nothing gets cancelled like yours. How horrible!
LOL. When I first told my husband what was going on and how I got blown off by the first supervisor he asked if I still wanted to go and then he said “Just give me the phone and tell me those dates again. I’ll get you that room”. He has never called MS. I didn’t give him the number because with that look in his eyes I was afraid we would end up banned from WDW

Old 10-11-2019, 09:48 PM   #69
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
You can change resorts and dates in Modify? I had no idea! That is a great tip. Thank you !!!
Yep!
Old 10-11-2019, 09:57 PM   #70
FCivish3
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
I agree, the double browser thing doesn't work since they modified it about a year ago. It 'co-ordinates' the windows between the different browsers so that you really are only dealing with one window.

Thanks for the tip about the back button. I didn't know. I lost an important reservation a few months ago, because the dwarfs came out and did a dance all over it. When I got back in, my res was gone. I never was able to make it up. I will at least give the back button a shot.

Poly, AKL, BLT

FCivish3 is offline   Reply With Quote