home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-25-2019, 01:47 PM   #1
Ohio_Dad
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Question about Frozen2 premiere night at Disney Springs

First post for me on the site. Although I joined a couple years ago as we started to explore the possibility of renting points and possibly someday becoming DVC owners, I've only observed and read postings up to this point. I have learned a ton from this awesome community, and plan to continue visiting these boards often. We rented our first points earlier this year from a great DVC owner we met on this site, and we are excited for our first DVC stay coming up in just a couple months. If it goes well -- I could see some level of DVC ownership in our future.

Looking at our upcoming travel dates, I noticed we will be finishing up our trip right around the time that Frozen 2 hits theaters. We have 4 kids, including 2 little girls who dress up in their Elsa costumes at least a couple times/week, so just checking to see if anyone knows what a premiere night might be like at Disney Springs. I am sure it will be packed and sell out as soon as tickets go on sale, but thought it might be a fun experience for our girls and a good way to end our trip. Has anyone ever been there on a previous big opening?

Also, curious if we should expect anything special at the parks around that time. I can't recall ever being down there for one of these big movie releases and just wasn't sure if there was anything different we should expect.

Thanks.

Last edited by Ohio_Dad; 09-25-2019 at 02:09 PM.
Ohio_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 03:41 PM   #2
MMC1
Grand Villa

Frozen 2 Friday 11/22/19 .
I wonder if they will have previews on Thursday.
I usually park at the Disney Springs Orange far end away from Theatre to take escalator towards Starbucks and the Aerophile Sky Balloon
. Every major Disney Theatrical release music is played all weekend long and it is a delight to ascend and walk into the music! And sit at Starbucks outside to listen over and over.
I know they had previews for The Lion King called AMC Fan night I believe with special events for the fans. Including a backdrop design for photos.

And do not forget Triple Force Friday release of Frozen and Star Wars merchandise October 4th !

Last edited by MMC1; 09-26-2019 at 12:02 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 12:13 AM   #3
Chris71855

First and foremost EVERY major movie that releases now releases on Thursday nights around 7 PM. Usually at the Disney release nights there will be a photopass photographer with some kind of a movie themed background to take pictures in front of at the Disney Springs AMC. The movie I most recently attended, (Avengers: Endgame) also had many cosplayers you could talk to and take pictures with.

My best advice would be to keep looking for the on sale date for tickets and once you hear they become available try and book them. If youre a little late on getting them you may not get them for the first show (on Thurdsay night) but Friday showings usually dont sell out right away.

Another option that unfortunately wont work for your family since you've got more than 4 people but may work for families of 4 or less, is to check on Disneyparksblog the week of the release. They always have special screenings that you can attend for free, you just have to sign up for them and get lucky enough to get picked. Those are for you and a guest and you have to be 18+ to win so wouldnt work for your family with 4 little ones, but may be an option for others.

Hope this helps.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 08:09 AM   #4
MMC1
Grand Villa

Might work for me! With a little bit of luck
Thanks!
Old 09-26-2019, 12:31 PM   #5
Ohio_Dad

Thanks for the replies. I'll keep checking for when tickets go on sale -- if we miss out on tickets, might still stop by the theater for the festivities. Plus, I guess it gives us something Disney to do once we return home.

Any ideas on if they do anything special in the parks around the release? Wasn't sure if they might do any extra character greetings, shows, etc.
Ohio_Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 04:51 AM   #6
MMC1
Grand Villa

I was registered for the Lion King Premiere Fan Event for AMC Disney Springs.
I forgot the price but I recall it was ridiculously expensive upcharge per ticket. I attended a free AP event at Universal Studios instead . If you are in Disney Springs and plan to just watch as guests arrive , it would probably be kinda fun, maybe . I know many arrive in themed attire .

The only extra Disney movie in the parks would be a special presentation in the theatre located in Hollywood Studios Walt Disney One Mans Dream. The next schedule extended pre-preview will be for the new Evil Malcificent movie. I plan to check that out. I recall seeing these offerings also for the Toy Story and Lion King. They reveal more of the storyline and increases anticipation for the newest next Disney movie. So watch the change up in marquee during your trip for next announcement for Frozen2 .

Good luck getting Fastpasses for Frozen Ever After in Epcot Norway and Frozen Singalong Hollywood Studios!

Last edited by MMC1; 09-27-2019 at 04:58 AM.