home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tips and Tricks for First-Timers and Fanatics
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2020, 09:19 AM   #61
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Because of the restaurants we have selected for this trip ( buffets, Story Book dining, etc), the dining plan is just about a break even for us. So was going to use discounted GCís to pay for the dining plan. Thatís doable, right? Pay over the phone with a GC instead of my CC?
Old 01-01-2020, 10:38 AM   #62
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
We havenít used MO yet because of the gift card issue. Disney gift cards and our Disney Chase points are the only thing we use to pay for our food on our trips. I hope they had that functionality soon.
Yeah, that's a pain. We try to do the same. For convenience, though, we'll still do it if the lines are long. We almost always have one TS a day and often eat QS at off times so there aren't many lines. The mobile ordering isn't that big of a hit to our gift card strategy.

And I just realized MO is double acroynymed - MouseOwners and Mobile Ordering. I'll gladly have a fellow MouseOwner stand and line and get my food for me. I'll even give them a gift card to pay with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I am assuming MO goes on the room - concierge could use the GC's to pay the charge, yes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Actually, I think it charges straight through to the credit/debit card that you have on file, skipping the ďcharge to roomĒ scenario completely. You can also use the dining plan with mobile ordering.
Quote:
Thanks for the clarification. We're giving our eldest GC's for Disney food and I had told her about MO. Not sure how the room charges will work as I always get confused on whose CC is attached to the room.

Yep - currently DMO (Disney's Mobile Ordering?) doesn't allow for room charges. Too bad.

One of these days I'm going to opt for the dining plan. TouringPlans.com calculator often says we'll break even, so why not? I love playing with systems and gadgets.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 10:44 AM   #63
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
Yeah, that's a pain. We try to do the same. For convenience, though, we'll still do it if the lines are long. We almost always have one TS a day and often eat QS at off times so there aren't many lines. The mobile ordering isn't that big of a hit to our gift card strategy.

And I just realized MO is double acroynymed - MouseOwners and Mobile Ordering. I'll gladly have a fellow MouseOwner stand and line and get my food for me. I'll even give them a gift card to pay with.

Yep - currently DMO (Disney's Mobile Ordering?) doesn't allow for room charges. Too bad.

One of these days I'm going to opt for the dining plan. TouringPlans.com calculator often says we'll break even, so why not? I love playing with systems and gadgets.

Dirk
We sometimes do the dining plan just for the convenience. Hubby likes having everything paid for before we leave our house. Then we only have to deal with tips and incidentals. This time, itís probably a break even. Probably saving money a couple of our days and close to break even in the others.
Old 01-01-2020, 10:53 AM   #64
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
We sometimes do the dining plan just for the convenience. Hubby likes having everything paid for before we leave our house. Then we only have to deal with tips and incidentals. This time, itís probably a break even. Probably saving money a couple of our days and close to break even in the others.
At the end of the day, for us, it comes down to the total cost. The big hold back is that we never do QS desserts and don't always do TS desserts. The only thing that makes that less tragic is the inclusion of one alcoholic beverage now. So, we always pay additional to the plan. At the end of the day, the discounts work best for us, but for some trip, I'll give it shot.

We manage the pre-pay thing by putting the cost of the DP for our stay onto gift cards.

Dirk

Old 01-01-2020, 11:22 AM   #65
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
At the end of the day, for us, it comes down to the total cost. The big hold back is that we never do QS desserts and don't always do TS desserts. The only thing that makes that less tragic is the inclusion of one alcoholic beverage now. So, we always pay additional to the plan. At the end of the day, the discounts work best for us, but for some trip, I'll give it shot.

We manage the pre-pay thing by putting the cost of the DP for our stay onto gift cards.

Dirk
I think it just comes down to whatever works best for your family. And we are all going to have differences there. But if I get the discounted GC from BJís and buy my dining plan with that, I can save a few bucks and he can have his convenience. Win-win.
Old 01-01-2020, 12:29 PM   #66
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Dirk
Suggest "MBO" for mobile ordering.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:46 PM   #67
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:
I am assuming MO goes on the room - concierge could use the GC's to pay the charge, yes?
I thought it went straight to the credit card.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:49 PM   #68
grayandry
Grand Villa

Quote:

Dirk
Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

I thought the same thing, but then I figured it wasnít an issue when using it in a specific thread.
grayandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2020, 12:56 PM   #69
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Management By Objective?

Dirk

Old 01-01-2020, 01:01 PM   #70
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayandry View Post
I thought the same thing, but then I figured it wasnít an issue when using it in a specific thread.
Oh, I've got it: DUMbO

Disney's Ultimate Mobile Ordering