home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > My Disney Experience, Magic Bands, and FastPass+
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-09-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Default Booking FP+ for guests

We have invited a family to come with us on our next trip. There are 4 of them, but only one has an actual account on MDE. They have linked their tickets, but none of the tickets show up on MY MDE, even though I have added them to our group.

Will this affect the ability to make FP all together?
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:38 PM   #2
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Yes it will. You can't make FPs on MDE unless you can see people and their tickets on your account. Also you can't do FPs at 60 days unless their onsite reservation shows on your MDE.

First step is to make sure everyone has an MDE account. It is possible for you to make such accounts for them if absolutely necessary, but it is best if all adults make their own accounts, and accounts for young children are made by their parents.

Their accounts then need to be linked to yours. I've done that, but it's been a while. I hope someone who has done it more recently will explain that step to you. Anyone?

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)

Last edited by erikthewise; 01-09-2020 at 08:52 PM.
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:41 PM   #3
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

So should I call MS to get this fixed? Or if I link their tickets on my MDE app will that fix it (or maybe it won't let me since they already linked it on their app?)
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 08:55 PM   #4
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpnkirk View Post
So should I call MS to get this fixed? Or if I link their tickets on my MDE app will that fix it (or maybe it won't let me since they already linked it on their app?)
It sounds like you may have taken some steps that you're not sure are correct. If so you definitely need to call. MS may or may not help you directly, but they can certainly give you the best number to call!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2020, 09:32 PM   #5
Lamima
Add-on Aficionado

I did it for a Dec trip with friends. We were 2 families and each had our own MDE. I ran mine and my friend (the wife) ran theirs. It was a night of like several hours trying to get it set up correctly like 2 days before our FP window opened. I am not sure I can even explain. I had the room resie with the names of us all. She linked the resie # to her MDE and bought tix for her group and I for mine. I had to match the person on the resie to an avatar in my friends list. But first my friend had to accept my request to share info. I was deleting names and adding and deleting again.....trying to get it all matched up. There is an order it has to be done but I cannot remember now. Once done correctly I had all their avatars at the top with it showing they had ticketing and resort plans (also showed dining as I selected their avatars on some of the dining ADRs, though this is not necessary). Then I could make FP for all 8 of us. It took me (while texting my friend) like 4 hours to get it sorted. Sorry. Might be best to call in.

Owners since 2006- HHI, BWV & CCV
DVC trip(s): June 20-27 SSR & Jan 5-9, 2021 BWV
Next cruise(s): Oct 31 Carnival Sunshine & March 8, 2021 Celebrity Reflection
Lamima is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 03:05 AM   #6
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Yes it will. You can't make FPs on MDE unless you can see people and their tickets on your account. Also you can't do FPs at 60 days unless their onsite reservation shows on your MDE.
Everyone must have a ticket, and you must be able to see everyone in order to make FPs for them.

They do not have to have a reservation linked however. You can book FPs for friends staying offsite at your own 60 day mark. They must have the same FPs as you and they wonít be able to modify them themselves until the 30 day mark.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 07:23 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
Everyone must have a ticket, and you must be able to see everyone in order to make FPs for them.

They do not have to have a reservation linked however. You can book FPs for friends staying offsite at your own 60 day mark. They must have the same FPs as you and they wonít be able to modify them themselves until the 30 day mark.

Old 01-10-2020, 07:26 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

Does staying off site mean at a Disney sponsored off site or any offsite location?
MMC1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2020, 11:48 AM   #9
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Does staying off site mean at a Disney sponsored off site or any offsite location?
In what context?

In terms of what I wrote, it doesnít matter. If you are staying at a resort with the 60 day window for FPs, then you can book for anyone linked in MDE under friends & family at your 60 day window (assuming they have tickets linked).

It doesnít matter if they are staying at a Disney resort but arriving a few days later, or staying anywhere else.

Where it does matter is for back-to-back stays and booking FPs.

If you are staying at two Disney owned resorts with no break in between, then you have one booking window. I think that also applies if one stay is at Shades of Green or Swan/Dolphin.

If however you are splitting your stay between a Disney Springs Resort (with the 60 day window) and a Disney owned resort, that continuing stay often isnít recognised by MDE and you end up with two booking windows.
Old 01-10-2020, 11:52 AM   #10
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post

First step is to make sure everyone has an MDE account. It is possible for you to make such accounts for them if absolutely necessary, but it is best if all adults make their own accounts, and accounts for young children are made by their parents.

Their accounts then need to be linked to yours. I've done that, but it's been a while. I hope someone who has done it more recently will explain that step to you. Anyone?
If you want to link to people who are managed by someone else, you should be able to do this.

Letís say you have a friend Alex, who has his family as profiles under his MDE account, so they donít have their own account. His wifeís name is Beth, and the kids are conveniently called Carly and Dan.

You need to find the exact name of the profile for Beth, Carly and Dan. Then send them a request to link using Alexís email address. Alex can then respond and you should be able to see everyone linked to you.

However this doesnít always work, in which case you need to call Disney IT and ask them to sort it for you.