home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Latest DVC News and Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-01-2020, 03:28 PM   #81
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by badeacon View Post
The bar does require reservations. You can only go to bar if have dining reservation. My wife and I went to see Riviera when staying at Boardwalk the week before Christmas. We were planning to go to bar and have a drink. In the lobby were told it was OK to go and was first come , first serve when opened at 5PM. However at door to Topolina's told could only go to bar if had dining reservation and they were "going to call down and straighten that out".
I also have concerns about reliability of the Skyliner. It was down for periods of time multiple times over the 3 days we were at Boardwalk. Our visit to Riviera was delayed for over an hour because lightning was in area.At the time there were few clouds and no noticeable lightning and radar on my phone showed it was over 10 miles away. With the number of thunderstorms in Orlando, especially in summer, it will down a lot. I was thinking may be interested in Riviera but after visiting , don't think will be adding on there.

Ha, when I toured on Saturday 12/21 I was told downstairs in lobby that a reservation was necessary to utilize the bar area. When I dined at Topolino’s in person on Monday 12/23 I specifically asked the hostess and was told all are welcome, but of course first come, first served. Doesn’t bother me at all to make an ADR so no issues here, but I’d say couldn’t hurt to try the lounge if so desired and at worst you can just dine downstairs instead.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:04 PM   #82
Seanual757
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I can confirm this when we purchased on 1/4/20 points were $188 going up to $195 pp.
Seanual757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:06 PM   #83
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanual757 View Post
I can confirm this when we purchased on 1/4/20 points were $188 going up to $195 pp.
zafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:55 AM   #84
MMC1
Grand Villa

It seems to be selling and lots of great reviews from guests.

Did they announce all future DVC resorts would have same member description concerning usage restrictions?

Last edited by MMC1; 01-15-2020 at 03:52 AM.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 05:31 AM   #85
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
It seems to be selling and lots of great reviews from guests.

Did they announce all future DVC resorts would have same member description concerning usage restrictions?

They have already announced that Reflections will have restrictions.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:16 AM   #86
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

I dont get it....they are pricing out the middle class. Right now RR is still a "bargain" direct, but it's high. How long can this last? I have considered selling one of my CCV contracts, but then fear the price if I want to buy it back. Not adding on anything for a long while. RR seems to a beautiful resort, but like gf the point chart is high which means the need for more points. However if you want to book there I think you will definitely need to own to get the standard view rooms.
I cant believe the direct prices for all the resorts. Bcv over 200?? Even resale prices are high. We would never buy today...well I will rephrase if we bought today I would probably buy all SSR points...resale and only enough points for a week stay, not an extended stay.
Old 01-15-2020, 10:23 AM   #87
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
I dont get it....they are pricing out the middle class. Right now RR is still a "bargain" direct, but it's high. How long can this last? I have considered selling one of my CCV contracts, but then fear the price if I want to buy it back. Not adding on anything for a long while. RR seems to a beautiful resort, but like gf the point chart is high which means the need for more points. However if you want to book there I think you will definitely need to own to get the standard view rooms.
I cant believe the direct prices for all the resorts. Bcv over 200?? Even resale prices are high. We would never buy today...well I will rephrase if we bought today I would probably buy all SSR points...resale and only enough points for a week stay, not an extended stay.

Its even worse when you factor in the point inflation for a room per night at the new resorts.

I was looking at a Grand Villa over Christmas week.....
OKW - 569
SSR - 764/843
BWV - 896
BLT - 999/1206
VGF - 1330
CCV - 1200
DRR - 1182
Old 01-15-2020, 10:41 AM   #88
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
Its even worse when you factor in the point inflation for a room per night at the new resorts.

I was looking at a Grand Villa over Christmas week.....
OKW - 569
SSR - 764/843
BWV - 896
BLT - 999/1206
VGF - 1330
CCV - 1200
DRR - 1182
Seriously? Only someone with ∞ points would even be looking for such a room.
And BCV gets off free because it doesn't have Grand Villas!

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 11:03 AM   #89
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Grand Villa at DRR - 1182 points

You will need to own 394 points, bank and borrow to book that week.

That works out to $74,072 for a 394 pt contract at $188 pp.

That means for the life of ownership, that equals 16 grand villa stays. The MF for 50 years of points (no inflation accounted for) at $8.31pp equals $163,707.

Your 16 grand villa stays works out to $14,861 per stay, for a week.
Old 01-15-2020, 11:08 AM   #90
BWV Dreamin
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
You will need to own 394 points, bank and borrow to book that week.

That works out to $74,072 for a 394 pt contract at $188 pp.

That means for the life of ownership, that equals 16 grand villa stays. The MF for 50 years of points (no inflation accounted for) at $8.31pp equals $163,707.

Your 16 grand villa stays works out to $14,861 per stay, for a week.
Wow!!.....