home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Cruise Line
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2019, 03:26 PM   #11
PrincipalTinker
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
How did I miss this?

Which cruise? Iíll be pestering you with questions, by the way.
Lol, Monday on the Dream!

Honestly, I knew all about the reception and I received an email about it from DVC when I started this thread. I just found it a little strange that DVC has never reached out to me about my stays at wdw but they called me four days before my cruise cash booking. Donít get me wrong- I am going to the reception. I am not buying now, but maybe next spring.
PrincipalTinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 06:57 AM   #12
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincipalTinker View Post
Lol, Monday on the Dream!

Honestly, I knew all about the reception and I received an email about it from DVC when I started this thread. I just found it a little strange that DVC has never reached out to me about my stays at wdw but they called me four days before my cruise cash booking. Don’t get me wrong- I am going to the reception. I am not buying now, but maybe next spring.
We did meet with DVC on our June Cruise. We were only interested in BC. He did call someone and was told they had 30 BC points and over 50 people on a WL for them. The guide did say to keep checking. He gave us his card and said the next time we're going to Disney to call and they'll load FPs into our account. Now I have to look for the card.

So, even if you are not interested immediately you might want to talk to DVC if you are interested in FP.
Old 08-03-2019, 08:24 AM   #13
Sarco11
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
We did meet with DVC on our June Cruise. We were only interested in BC. He did call someone and was told they had 30 BC points and over 50 people on a WL for them. The guide did say to keep checking. He gave us his card and said the next time we're going to Disney to call and they'll load FPs into our account. Now I have to look for the card.

So, even if you are not interested immediately you might want to talk to DVC if you are interested in FP.
We are going on a 7-day Fantasy cruise in December and would love more FP for our March WDW trip. I have never sat through one of the DVC presentations at the park or on a cruise. I wish I had before as the perks for sitting through them seem to have really declined over the past 5 years. But I think I would like more FP than a $50 room credit or whatever they were offering when they were pushing the Pily bungalows. I just feel like since I know my husband is adamantly opposed to buying and the cost went up a LOT this year for direct BLT points that we would be wasting their time. If you out your name on a waitlist for direct points at an older resort, can you refuse when points come through?
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 08:48 AM   #14
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post
We are going on a 7-day Fantasy cruise in December and would love more FP for our March WDW trip. I have never sat through one of the DVC presentations at the park or on a cruise. I wish I had before as the perks for sitting through them seem to have really declined over the past 5 years. But I think I would like more FP than a $50 room credit or whatever they were offering when they were pushing the Pily bungalows. I just feel like since I know my husband is adamantly opposed to buying and the cost went up a LOT this year for direct BLT points that we would be wasting their time. If you out your name on a waitlist for direct points at an older resort, can you refuse when points come through?
We didn't attend the member event or sit thru a presentation. If you do not go to the presentation a VM is left on your phone to pick up the free DVC gift. When we went for the gift, she asked us if we wanted more points and I said outright that the only points we wanted were BC. She said to talk to the rep for 15 minutes. He ran thru a 5 minute Riviera presentation (we were on our way to dinner), called for the BC points and gave us his card to use for accessing the FPs.

We have wait-listed BW points and then refused. I was surprised when we were called with the BW points because in 2012 we purchased BC points and we were told we were lucky because DVC was stopping the WL option. Then like 3 years later we were called about the BW points, which we refused.
Old 08-05-2019, 07:47 AM   #15
UD Blue Hen
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We usually receive a call about the DVC meetings on the DCL; it's the only time they give the free hats anymore In the past, I asked a few questions about park "rumors" and they played coy.
UD Blue Hen is offline   Reply With Quote