home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-21-2019, 10:23 AM   #191
beachclubmum
One Bedroom

I wouldn't worry so much about mold. I've had my Keurig for years and never had an issue. The water in the reservoir gets heated to a high temperature and then flushed out when you use the machine. If not, everything would taste like vinegar when you use it to descale as suggested for machine maintenance. Yes it's a closed system but really not a problem. Spend your time worrying about the jacuzzi tub jets instead!
beachclubmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:01 AM   #192
pdude81
Grand Villa

The ones they put in the room are typically the one cup versions, where you put the water for each cup in the machine to heat. Also the cleaning process for these involves filling with white vinegar, which would wipe out pretty much anything in there.

Now if they had the regular Keurig that always kept water sitting in the inside then I fully understand that concern.

But I'd bet money that Disney cleans them way more than we do in our own homes.
pdude81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 11:57 AM   #193
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
I am assuming the pictures are all of 1 and 2 brms since I only saw a chair and no sofa. It looks like they are returning to the dark theme, which is ok .... as I look better in the dark. Not a fan of the Keurig - haven't been since I found out they have a never to be emptied water interior container so I always feel like I am drinking mold.
Here’s the thing. The refurb is only the hotel rooms. Jambo had their soft good refurb just a couple of years ago. That’s why so many of us are calling foul on this whole value rooms out of commission for almost 2 months story.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:49 PM   #194
rowrbazzle
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherGrandma View Post
That seems to be a picture of a regular room, not a villa, right? No pullout couch, microwave, or toaster is seen. However, it would stand to reason that the furniture in the Value studios would be similar.
Yes, it's a regular room but still at Jambo. Whether they're refurbing the DVC rooms or not, I just wondered if the Value rooms were coming back "early." I guess they take a while to redo the whole hotel, though. Still, why did some folks get Value rooms in December when they're supposedly out of commission?