home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 03:13 PM   #21
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffToTheMouse View Post
So I had a thought. What if the Gondola breaks down? I know they have redundant systems and they are designed to have fail safes. Putting that aside. When it does happen cause it will. What will be the compensation people will require. I can put this in tiers....

Tier 1:
Stuck for 1 hr. They got it running and i exited off naturally. Lost an hr of my day.

Tier 2:
Stuck for 2 or more Hrs. They got it running and i exited off naturally. Lost that time of my day.

Tier 3:
Stuck and they could not move it. Everyone needed to evacuated via external mechanisms. (cherry picker, rescue teams, etc) Lost all that time and the mental and physical hardship you encountered.

For each category what kind of compensation would you be looking for from DIS to satisfy your enjoyment outage.

Here is where I stand.
1: 1 anytime Fastpass or $25 gift card per person.
2: 1 anytime Fastpass per hr you were stuck or $25 gift card per hr stuck.
3: new APs for all.

Interested to hear other MO stance.

NOTE: I have lots of faith in the Gondola building company. They have an outstanding reputation for building these around the world. I expect all outages to be very rare. But things do happen. Let's know now what we should be asking for.
Do you ask for FP's or money when buses get held up and you have to wait an hour for one?
Old 03-28-2019, 03:37 PM   #22
Boundin'
Grand Villa

The last time I waited for an hour for a bus I complained (actually just discussed it with a CM who happened to be at the bus stop) and got a cab voucher and three fastpasses.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Old 03-28-2019, 03:57 PM   #23
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
The last time I waited for an hour for a bus I complained (actually just discussed it with a CM who happened to be at the bus stop) and got a cab voucher and three fastpasses.
Lucky. I got the transportation number to call and ask where the bus was. 3 buses showed up one right after the other shortly after that.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #24
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicJourneys View Post
I'm not sure if the gondolas have loudspeakers, but if so Disney could entertain people who are stuck up there by playing the "It's a Small World" theme on a loop. Just a thought.
We got stuck on Small World at Disneyland. The music was blaring and we just sat there for about 15 minutes.

I have never been the same.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:28 PM   #25
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
I'm not sure if the gondolas have loudspeakers, but if so Disney could entertain people who are stuck up there by playing the "It's a Small World" theme on a loop. Just a thought.
That would kill two birds with one stone.

1) Entertaining the guests

and

2) Avoid the need for any evacuation procedures as people leapt from the cabins in desperation.

Problem solved!
Old 03-28-2019, 04:30 PM   #26
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We got stuck on Small World at Disneyland. The music was blaring and we just sat there for about 15 minutes.

I have never been the same.

I mean, I like the ride in a “this is classic Disney” kind of a way. But oh boy!
Old 03-28-2019, 06:43 PM   #27
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think that would require APs and lifetime therapy.

Upcoming:

NYE Dec 29-Jan 3 (BLT) Me + 4 Gen Ys

Completed: Florida Sep 29- Nov 2 (B-day trip), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
Old 03-28-2019, 06:47 PM   #28
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
Tier 7: The gondola car falls on a bus, the bus goes out of control, off the road and into a lake...filled with alligators.

That's at least 10 fast passes each right there.
This is why I love MO. You guys crack me up.

Now I need to smuggle a "HELP ME" sign onto the gondola just for the giggles.

Upcoming:

NYE Dec 29-Jan 3 (BLT) Me + 4 Gen Ys

Completed: Florida Sep 29- Nov 2 (B-day trip), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
Old 03-28-2019, 07:14 PM   #29
TexasChick
Grand Villa

So a lot of you are worried about the gondolas but ride roller coasters which travel much faster, go upside down, and can easily kill you if they malfunction while you’re on them. Interesting...

Again, please visit places other than Disney. Gondolas are used all over the world. I think a lot of people are projecting the malfunctions of monorails on the gondolas. They’re completely different.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #30
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
So a lot of you are worried about the gondolas but ride roller coasters which travel much faster, go upside down, and can easily kill you if they malfunction while you’re on them. Interesting...

Again, please visit places other than Disney. Gondolas are used all over the world. I think a lot of people are projecting the malfunctions of monorails on the gondolas. They’re completely different.
There's one at Cedar Point! (Major coaster park in NW Ohio) It just goes from one end of the park to the other. Half fun, half practical.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
Closed Thread