home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Transportation
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #11
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
That’s exactly the position we’re in. We have the companion pass through this December. We will have to earn another one at the beginning of next year, so we can’t book any of our flights for the beginning of the year with the pass.
What we just do is book all the tickets we're paying cash/miles for as soon as they're released and just add companion pass once we qualify. Even if it's an expensive amount whenever we add the companion pass we still only pay taxes so you can do much more last-minute as long as there's any seat available.
bigmac0712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 08:02 PM   #12
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac0712 View Post
What we just do is book all the tickets we're paying cash/miles for as soon as they're released and just add companion pass once we qualify. Even if it's an expensive amount whenever we add the companion pass we still only pay taxes so you can do much more last-minute as long as there's any seat available.
That’s exactly what we did for spring break. It does stink to have to use those miles as a “placeholder” though. Since we’re flying in the 1st quarter, I don’t even know if we’ll have the pass by the time we go on the trip. But what can you do?!?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:03 PM   #13
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

Quote:
That’s exactly what we did for spring break. It does stink to have to use those miles as a “placeholder” though. Since we’re flying in the 1st quarter, I don’t even know if we’ll have the pass by the time we go on the trip. But what can you do?!?
I'm confused why would you hold a placeholder seat for the companion?
Old 10-18-2019, 08:07 PM   #14
ryanm
Studio

Quote:
That’s exactly the position we’re in. We have the companion pass through this December. We will have to earn another one at the beginning of next year, so we can’t book any of our flights for the beginning of the year with the pass.

If you have points available just book the companion passenger's flights with your points. When you get the pass you can cancel their flight, get your points back, and then book their ticket as your companion.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:11 PM   #15
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
If you have points available just book the companion passenger's flights with your points. When you get the pass you can cancel their flight, get your points back, and then book their ticket as your companion.
Sorry. Apparently I’m not being clear. We booked 4 tickets for spring break using points. I’m hoping that we’ll get our next companion pass by this flight so that we only end up using points for 3 tickets plus the free companion ticket, and get my ticket refunded. I need to make sure I have a seat on the plane in case it sells out before we get that companion ticket, so I had to book my ticket. We’re going skiing over spring break, and the flights frequently sell out, so I can’t wait to book. Does this make more sense? Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: I’m usually the free companion.
Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #16
bigmac0712
One Bedroom

Quote:
Sorry. Apparently I’m not being clear. We booked 4 tickets for spring break using points. I’m hoping that we’ll get our next companion pass by this flight so that we only end up using points for 3 tickets plus the free companion ticket, and get my ticket refunded. I need to make sure I have a seat on the plane in case it sells out before we get that companion ticket, so I had to book my ticket. We’re going skiing over spring break, and the flights frequently sell out, so I can’t wait to book. Does this make more sense? Sorry for the confusion.

ETA: I’m usually the free companion.
Got it! I think we just must not fly the flights that sell out a few months in advance. Good luck!!
Old 10-18-2019, 09:59 PM   #17
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac0712 View Post
Got it! I think we just must not fly the flights that sell out a few months in advance. Good luck!!
It’s really just the spring break flights here. Everything else we fly behaves normally. It does stink though.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:11 PM   #18
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
1) Your miles will no longer expire! (YAY!)
I hope this means that the miles I have already earned, but haven't used won't expire either. It would be a bummer to say that the points I earned last month will still expire in 11 months, but the points I earn next month aren't expiring. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:22 PM   #19
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
I hope this means that the miles I have already earned, but haven't used won't expire either. It would be a bummer to say that the points I earned last month will still expire in 11 months, but the points I earn next month aren't expiring. Can anyone tell me if this is true?
I took it to mean no points expire anymore, current or future. They changed the program, so I don’t think when you earned the points matters.