home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-20-2017, 03:57 PM   #81
Alix1912
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSULion22 View Post
I think it's the Lion King first. Then The Little Mermaid. Though both Dumbo and Mulan are supposed to start filming soon also.

The Little Mermiad coming out next year isn't the Disney film.
Because doing something new and different would require actual creativity.....Yes the live remakes have been amazing.....but COME ON.....how about new stuff too.
Alix1912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:04 PM   #82
goldilocks_63
Two Bedroom

Talking I enjoyed the movie

Beauty and the Beast was a happy popcorn movie.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:19 PM   #83
specalkay
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Two Songs Too Long

Very good, tied up lots of plot holes. It was two songs too long (Days in the Sun and Evermore) otherwise I liked it. This is a great time for bathroom break. Also my 1yo and 2yo dressed as Belle and we all went to watch it.

They LOVED it so cannot beat that for me!
specalkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 04:54 PM   #84
helenabear
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryntje57 View Post
That was how I felt about The Jungle Book. Now I'm really sorry I didn't see it on the big screen because it was INCREDIBLE. It did feel very different from the original animated version.

I'll have to see Beauty and the Beast on the big screen just to get the full CGI experience.
I still have yet to see that one. I'm not much for CGI though... so that doesn't appeal much. Fortunately we have a very good set up at home for movies and don't mind if I miss 'the big screen' most of the time.

My schedule is crazy coming up and would rather make time for other things I think. I was never a huge Beauty & The Beast fan though anyway *blushing*
Old 03-20-2017, 06:37 PM   #85
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix1912 View Post
Because doing something new and different would require actual creativity.....Yes the live remakes have been amazing.....but COME ON.....how about new stuff too.
I'm not really big on any of the remakes. Let's go crazy and do something new!
Old 03-20-2017, 07:45 PM   #86
ealvarado8899
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I'm not really big on any of the remakes. Let's go crazy and do something new!
Quote:
How about ...deep breath... Moana (great flick), The BFG, Born in China, Zootopia, Ghost in the Shell, Coko, any number of marvel films, and a number of other sequels such as Cars 3, Star Wars Franchise, Pirates of the Caribbean, and that's just 2016+.

In fact, they have always turned their popular films into live action remakes. It's just part of the system. 101 Dalmatians, Alice in Wonderland, Peter Pan to name a few. Admittedly, they seem to be vamping up on everything. The Disney machine is cranking out a lot of material some popular and some not so popular.

On Beauty and the Beast. My 25 DD absolutely loved it, and she had a Beauty and the Beat wedding. I hear Emma did the movie justice.
2009 - Off site - Christmas
2012 - Polynesian - October
2015 - Art of Animation - Christmas week
2016 - Purchase DVC!
2016 - SSR - Thanksgiving Week
2017 - SSR - June
2017 - BWV - June

----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:14 PM   #87
Elmo13
One Bedroom

I think he did a great job.
February 2016 - Aulani 10 nights stay
April 2016 - Add-on VGC
November 2016 - VGC 7 nights
February 2017 - Beach Club 8 nights
Elmo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:35 PM   #88
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boundin' View Post
The 3D was great. It took nothing away from the movie. In fact, after 10 minutes, you pretty much forgot it was in 3D. Instead of a distraction, which is usually what 3D is, it became immersive.

It also crossed my mind that the Real 3D they use now in theaters is better than what they have in Disney Parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Because....???

Because it was AMAZING!

AKV, BCV, BLT, SSR & VGF
lovindisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:03 PM   #89
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I wish people would watch the movie for what it is without preconceived ideas. Yes, I noticed the lack of muscles on Gaston. But, this is a remake of an cartoon version of Beauty and the Beast. If it came out looking identical, we would all walk away and say...not interesting! It is hard to walk into the movie without the memories of what we saw before in the original. I am sure there were deliberate production choices to to enhance the film this many years later. All in all, I thought the movie was amazing and one of Disney's finest pieces of animation - ever!

Agreed. I never see the constant need to compare, especially when each differing version can be enjoyable entertainment on its own merits.

But then I don't compare WDW and Disneyland either and am able to enjoy both equally...
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 01:34 PM   #90
PSULion22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Really? Disney puts out, what, 30 movies a year between WDP, Marvel, LA, Pixar, Touchstone, Miramax, Dimension, and others? They do one remake out of those 30 and they aren't doing anything new?
PSULion22 is online now   Reply With Quote