home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #2291
littlelulu01
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemertec View Post
You pay the title insurance at closing, so it's not too late. Just like any other real property purchase, get the title insurance. You wouldn't buy your primary home without. The same goes for your second home!

I looked up the purchase on Hawaii comptroller website and found the original owners purchase back in 2011. Those original owners are the ones selling to me and names are spelled the same too. I figured that in this case with a minuscule amount of points, a 9 percent savings is worth it but perhaps there's something more that the $350 title insurance covers? I was just wondering what if there is something goofy with the title? Does Dvc then take back the contract and tell you sorry you are out of luck can't use it anymore? Sellers are not international so no issues there.
littlelulu01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:15 PM   #2292
beemertec
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelulu01 View Post
I looked up the purchase on Hawaii comptroller website and found the original owners purchase back in 2011. Those original owners are the ones selling to me and names are spelled the same too. I figured that in this case with a minuscule amount of points, a 9 percent savings is worth it but perhaps there's something more that the $350 title insurance covers? I was just wondering what if there is something goofy with the title? Does Dvc then take back the contract and tell you sorry you are out of luck can't use it anymore? Sellers are not international so no issues there.
The issue comes if sometime down the road a loan or lien against contract pops up that wasn't caught in the title search. I figure the odds of that happening are minuscule, but that is why title insurance is relatively cheap.

beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 03:47 PM   #2293
disneymomof2
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymomof2 View Post
I have not posted about this so far, but we made an offer that was accepted on a VGF contract (after missing out on the 50 point contract that RweTHEREyet beat me to ). 100 points, September UY, 0/2016, 30/2017, 100/2018. Offer made on 3/7, sent to ROFR on 3/9.....and we're in the queue...... just waiting.....
Just got the email that Disney waived ROFR on our contract!! That was only 11 days!! We have VGF!!

ME DH DS19 DD16
disneymomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:15 PM   #2294
Sykes
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykes View Post
Just entered contract for a stripped Vero Beach contract with subsidized dues at for 150 points at $53 per point (0 points in 2017 UY, 150 in 2018 UY). It should go for ROFR today. Paid a bit more than I might have otherwise since Disney apparently likes to ROFR the subsidized contracts, so I'm hoping for the best.
We passed ROFR today (12 days ain't bad). I forgot to mention that it's a Feb. UY.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:43 PM   #2295
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
We passed ROFR today (12 days ain't bad). I forgot to mention that it's a Feb. UY.
Very nice! Congratulations. That's the first subsidized Vero Beach contract I've seen in a long, long time. Excellent!

Where I'm Going 2017:

Thursday, 05/25/17 - Friday, 06/08/2017 - Aulani - 2 bdrm (Island View)

Sunday, 06/25/17 - Monday, 07/04/17 - HHI Studio
Monday, 07/04/17 - Wednesday, 07/05/17 - Hyatt Regency (River Front) Savannah, GA
Wednesday, 07/05/17 - Saturday, 07/08/17 - HHI Studio

cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 05:48 PM   #2296
littlelulu01
Studio

Quote:
Congrats. This is about the best deal I've seen in sometime. When I was looking to pick up some extra points the brokers I spoke to said there isn't any Vero Beach Subsidized contracts - only Aluani. I remember a couple years ago seeing some though so wasn't sure if Disney did away with the subsidy or what. I was curious if Disney would take it back.
Old 03-20-2017, 05:49 PM   #2297
littlelulu01
Studio

Quote:
Just got the email that Disney waived ROFR on our contract!! That was only 11 days!! We have VGF!!
Congrats. That was quick.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:43 PM   #2298
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Congratulations (again), Pam!

Quote:

Congratulations!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #2299
TexasChick
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Congrats. We love VGF!!!

Quote:
Congrats. Awesome that you found a subsidized one!
Old 03-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #2300
cpnkirk
One Bedroom

Congrats to disneymomof2 & Sykes! What a relief it is to pass ROFR.

We passed on 3/6 and just received our closing documents - just over 2 weeks. With a little luck & cooperation from the sellers, we hope to be able to book by the 7 month mark for our trip this year.

cpnkirk is offline   Reply With Quote