home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > RENT / TRADE / TRANSFER BOARD > Rent / Trade / Transfer Board > Trades Available or Wanted
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
JBO1707
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Trade: DVC Villa/Family Suite for Grand Luxxe Villa

Hello New member here looking at doing a potential trade for a DVC resort. See below

I own a timeshare at the Grand Luxxe residence club in Rivera Maya and Nuevo Vallarta. These are high-end beachfront luxury resorts that truly live up to the high costs. The non-member rate for a 2 bedroom villa (accommodates 8 adults, 2 children) is $2,890 per night and roughly 650-800 per night when we sell, the one bedroom villa is $1,730 per night and roughly 400-600 per night when we sell. These are great resorts; we just visited the Nuevo resort in November (HUGE resort with lots of activities for the family), and the Rivera Maya resort has a Cirque du Soleil show Joya (Tickets sold separately)

We booked an impromptu trip to Orlando for June 3-10th (yay Avatar Land/Pandora), and would like to make a trade if possible for a Disney Deluxe villa (1 bedroom) or Family Suite we may be open to other Disney resorts aswell. Please feel free to inquire via PM or email (jlee.simonson@gmail.com) if you would like to make a trade, and we can work out the logistics. We may have accomodations lined up for June 3-5th, so we would be open to trading a full week of our villa for 5 Days at a DVC resort (June 5th-10th)

If you have any additional questions, or advice on trading please let me know aswell!

Please see below for additional details on these amazing resorts
Grand Luxxe Luxury Resort

Tripadvisor Nuevo

Tripadvisor Mayan

I also have to confirm, but your stay will include the following perks.

- 2 x Massages (Basic)
- 4 x Rounds of Golf at the Nicklaus course

Also, we are planning on doing a trip from Nov 1-6th or 2-5th at Disneyland if anyone would like to do an exchange at one of their resorts for a full week at ours.

Thank you.

Last edited by JBO1707; 02-15-2017 at 10:27 PM.
JBO1707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:27 PM   #2
JBO1707

We are still looking to do a trade, if you are interested or have any additional questions do not hesitate to contact me.

Have a magical day!
Old 02-24-2017, 07:29 PM   #3
JBO1707

Giving another update based off some questions I received, thought I would post the common answers here incase anyone else was interested!

- We can book any date from a year out (Pending Availability, Holidays typically fill up fast).

- We have access to 1 bedroom (4 adults/2 Children), and 2 bedroom villa's (8 Adults/2 Children). At either the Mayan Riviera or Nuevo Vallarta (You can also go to any of their other resort destinations, but would be in the Grand Mayan)

- There is a maintenance fee depending on the villa/resort you choose to go with. We will cover the fee for a 1 bedroom, and charge the incremental difference for a 2 bedroom

- Resort is not all inclusive, but there are over 38 bars/restaurants onsite at the Nuevo resort

- Also at the Nuevo resort (as seen on the vidanta website), there is a wave pool/water slide/lazy river, 27 pools, and spa (2 free massages, value of $200), 2 golf courses (5 free rounds at one of the courses, I did mention 4 above, which was wrong, which is a value of $500), and 9 miles of walkways.

- Its a great deal for anyone looking to use expiring points, or wants a change of scenery. We are open to trading our full week villa for 3 nights or 5 nights at a WDW resort in a 1 bedroom villa (June 5-8th, or 3-8th), or 4 nights in November at Disneyland in any room (Nov 2-6)

- We charge roughly $400 a night, which is 2,800 for the week, plus golf and spa the price for one week comes out to $3,500. We are looking at roughly 87-150 DVC points for our stays, which equates to $20-40 per point. You wont get that value any where else!

Feel free to PM me or contact via email if you have any additional questions. Thank you everyone for your time.

Last edited by JBO1707; 02-24-2017 at 07:30 PM. Reason: added explanation
Old 03-17-2017, 12:21 PM   #4
JBO1707

Another Update!...

We ended up renting points from a DVC member for our June 5-8th trip. We are still interested in trading our one week, 1 bedroom villa for a studio at the Grand Californian from November 1st-7th (128 points).

This is a great value deal, feel free to inquire via PM if you have any questions.