home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #11
Mox147
One Bedroom

I would wear one of these dresses outside of the park for sure! I can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion one. I bet they will come with a price, but if I can wear it more than one time I most certainly will buy one ore two.
Old 03-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #12
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox147 View Post
I would wear one of these dresses outside of the park for sure! I can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion one. I bet they will come with a price, but if I can wear it more than one time I most certainly will buy one ore two.
I was actually just trying to make the pictures bigger in my phone so that I could see the detail in the prints. Can't wait to see the HM one myself! I would definitely buy the rod polka dot one and the tiki room one. I just like the cut of that one, and the bright colored parrots are cute. Of course, "baroque hoedown " is my ringtone on my phone, so I'm not your typical consumer...
Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #13
Boundin'
Grand Villa

For Dapper Day, Mrs. Boundin bought a dress almost the same as the cherries dress they show. I'm sure it was a fraction of the cost.

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

recent and upcoming
POP! BLT BCV 5/21-5/31/2015
BLT Poly BCV 9/26-10/6/2015
DL 9/10-9/15/2015
BCV NYE! 12/29/2015-1/4/2016
Spring Surprise BWV AKL 5/27-6/5/2016
Universal Hard Rock 9/30-10/4/2016 Halloween Horror Nights!
Poly- DCL Dream -BCV10/14-10/25/16
SSR 4/7-4/11/17
BLT-BWV 5/27-6/4/17
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018

DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
beemertec
Two Bedroom

I am definitely not taking DW there!

beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #15
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemertec View Post
I am definitely not taking DW there!
Lol! I was just telling DH that I was flying down on the 31st to go shopping!

ETA: As soon as someone gets in there and checks prices, post please!

Last edited by ermindy1133; 03-15-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Request
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
cynthiasuzanne
Studio

Haven't been, but read where someone else said the dresses were $118 just a few days ago, and are really sold out of anything smaller than 2x.

www.disneydrawingboard.com

Me, DH, DS (16), DD (12)
cynthiasuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiasuzanne View Post
Haven't been, but read where someone else said the dresses were $118 just a few days ago, and are really sold out of anything smaller than 2x.
Thanks! With Disney's weird sizing, that could mean almost anything!
Old 04-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #18
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiasuzanne View Post
I was there on Sunday. Took gobs of photos of the dresses including the inside of them. (My seamstress side made me see just how the garments are made.) Fabric is a good quality cotton sateen. Drapes well, is soft and not thin. Seams are well finished. The skirts are done in a gored style. This gives you the cut of a circle skirt but with 6-8 panels. Uses less fabric. Bodices are fitted with a dart for the better bust fit and in 4 panels (2 front, 2 back). There's a center back zip going from neckline to well past the hips. And the waistline has elastic on the sides for extra give.

Price is $118. Not bad when you consider the quality of the fabric. I figure each dress is about 5 yards. Good cotton sateen easily costs 16-18 per yard. Throw in the Disney print and the work involved making them and you can see where the cost comes from.

These aren't your usual cheaply made kids princess dresses with flimsy material. These are built to last.

Oh and because the fabric drapes you'll want to wear a short petticoat under them for the poof. You can wear without but it makes them flat. They sell petticoats in the shop. You can get cheaper on Amazon. Just look for rockabilly petticoat.

I didn't but one only because the are sleeveless and I'd have to add sleeves. I may as well make my own.

Personally I love the style. Much better than the 60s geomtretric retro we've been enduring from the fashion world lately. That stuff looks ugly on everyone but Twiggy. This style is more feminine and flattering on virtually every woman's shape. Just make sure your man dresses up to match. No sloppy t-shirt and sweats.

Sizes there were​ S, M, L, XL and up. That equates with the usual American sizing. I looked to be about a M/L. You gotta match the bust. Waist is forgiving as are the hips but that bust is tailored.

Currently: Home
Next Disney Trip: October 1-28, 2017
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #19
ermindy1133
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
I was there on Sunday. Took gobs of photos of the dresses including the inside of them. (My seamstress side made me see just how the garments are made.) Fabric is a good quality cotton sateen. Drapes well, is soft and not thin. Seams are well finished. The skirts are done in a gored style. This gives you the cut of a circle skirt but with 6-8 panels. Uses less fabric. Bodices are fitted with a dart for the better bust fit and in 4 panels (2 front, 2 back). There's a center back zip going from neckline to well past the hips. And the waistline has elastic on the sides for extra give.

Price is $118. Not bad when you consider the quality of the fabric. I figure each dress is about 5 yards. Good cotton sateen easily costs 16-18 per yard. Throw in the Disney print and the work involved making them and you can see where the cost comes from.

These aren't your usual cheaply made kids princess dresses with flimsy material. These are built to last.

Oh and because the fabric drapes you'll want to wear a short petticoat under them for the poof. You can wear without but it makes them flat. They sell petticoats in the shop. You can get cheaper on Amazon. Just look for rockabilly petticoat.

I didn't but one only because the are sleeveless and I'd have to add sleeves. I may as well make my own.

Personally I love the style. Much better than the 60s geomtretric retro we've been enduring from the fashion world lately. That stuff looks ugly on everyone but Twiggy. This style is more feminine and flattering on virtually every woman's shape. Just make sure your man dresses up to match. No sloppy t-shirt and sweats.

Sizes there were​ S, M, L, XL and up. That equates with the usual American sizing. I looked to be about a M/L. You gotta match the bust. Waist is forgiving as are the hips but that bust is tailored.
I'm so glad that you posted this! I was much more concerned with quality than price, but it sounds like these are going to be worth the money! I don't wear sleeveless either, so was planning on a light shrug to go over it. I work in a hospital, so I'm always cold anyway. Can't wait to check them out next month! Thanks again!!!
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post

Thanks... won't bother since yet sgain Disney forgets that their S is too big for petite people. Pity because some looked cute.