home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-15-2017, 03:21 PM   #11
Mox147
One Bedroom
 
Mox147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Elizabeth, Pennsylvania
Posts: 297
Default

I would wear one of these dresses outside of the park for sure! I can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion one. I bet they will come with a price, but if I can wear it more than one time I most certainly will buy one ore two.
__________________
" Keep thinking happy thoughts until you can get to Disney"
Mox147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #12
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mox147 View Post
I would wear one of these dresses outside of the park for sure! I can't wait to see the Haunted Mansion one. I bet they will come with a price, but if I can wear it more than one time I most certainly will buy one ore two.
I was actually just trying to make the pictures bigger in my phone so that I could see the detail in the prints. Can't wait to see the HM one myself! I would definitely buy the rod polka dot one and the tiki room one. I just like the cut of that one, and the bright colored parrots are cute. Of course, "baroque hoedown " is my ringtone on my phone, so I'm not your typical consumer...
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 03:53 PM   #13
Boundin'
Grand Villa
 
Boundin''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: NYC
Posts: 1,145
Default

For Dapper Day, Mrs. Boundin bought a dress almost the same as the cherries dress they show. I'm sure it was a fraction of the cost.
__________________


My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

recent and upcoming
POP! BLT BCV 5/21-5/31/2015
BLT Poly BCV 9/26-10/6/2015
DL 9/10-9/15/2015
BCV NYE! 12/29/2015-1/4/2016
Spring Surprise BWV AKL 5/27-6/5/2016
Universal Hard Rock 9/30-10/4/2016 Halloween Horror Nights!
Poly- DCL Dream -BCV10/14-10/25/16
SSR 4/7-4/11/17
BLT-BWV 5/27-6/4/17
DL and Vegas 9/15-9/25/17
BCV F&W 10/4-10/9/17
BCV NYE 12/28/17-1/3/18
Disney Fantasy 5/21/2018
Disney Dream 9/17/2018


DVC owner The Three B's BCV BWV BLT
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 10:35 PM   #14
beemertec
Two Bedroom
 
beemertec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Georgia
Posts: 511
Default

I am definitely not taking DW there!
__________________


beemertec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 11:06 PM   #15
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemertec View Post
I am definitely not taking DW there!
Lol! I was just telling DH that I was flying down on the 31st to go shopping!

ETA: As soon as someone gets in there and checks prices, post please!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!)

Last edited by ermindy1133; 03-15-2017 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Request
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
cynthiasuzanne
Studio
 
cynthiasuzanne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Plano, TX
Posts: 132
Default

Haven't been, but read where someone else said the dresses were $118 just a few days ago, and are really sold out of anything smaller than 2x.
__________________
Owner:

www.disneydrawingboard.com

Me, DH, DS (16), DD (12)
cynthiasuzanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 09:25 PM   #17
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiasuzanne View Post
Haven't been, but read where someone else said the dresses were $118 just a few days ago, and are really sold out of anything smaller than 2x.
Thanks! With Disney's weird sizing, that could mean almost anything!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 05:05 AM   #18
broganmc
Grand Villa
 
broganmc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 3,352
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynthiasuzanne View Post
Haven't been, but read where someone else said the dresses were $118 just a few days ago, and are really sold out of anything smaller than 2x.
I was there on Sunday. Took gobs of photos of the dresses including the inside of them. (My seamstress side made me see just how the garments are made.) Fabric is a good quality cotton sateen. Drapes well, is soft and not thin. Seams are well finished. The skirts are done in a gored style. This gives you the cut of a circle skirt but with 6-8 panels. Uses less fabric. Bodices are fitted with a dart for the better bust fit and in 4 panels (2 front, 2 back). There's a center back zip going from neckline to well past the hips. And the waistline has elastic on the sides for extra give.

Price is $118. Not bad when you consider the quality of the fabric. I figure each dress is about 5 yards. Good cotton sateen easily costs 16-18 per yard. Throw in the Disney print and the work involved making them and you can see where the cost comes from.

These aren't your usual cheaply made kids princess dresses with flimsy material. These are built to last.

Oh and because the fabric drapes you'll want to wear a short petticoat under them for the poof. You can wear without but it makes them flat. They sell petticoats in the shop. You can get cheaper on Amazon. Just look for rockabilly petticoat.

I didn't but one only because the are sleeveless and I'd have to add sleeves. I may as well make my own.

Personally I love the style. Much better than the 60s geomtretric retro we've been enduring from the fashion world lately. That stuff looks ugly on everyone but Twiggy. This style is more feminine and flattering on virtually every woman's shape. Just make sure your man dresses up to match. No sloppy t-shirt and sweats.

Sizes there were​ S, M, L, XL and up. That equates with the usual American sizing. I looked to be about a M/L. You gotta match the bust. Waist is forgiving as are the hips but that bust is tailored.
__________________
--- SSR LOVER ------
--- Marriott Owner | SSR, BWV & BLT Owner| PWC user ----
Grandpa Mohawk Travel Blog | Twitter @BroganMc

Currently: Home
Next Disney Trip: October 1-28, 2017
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:33 PM   #19
ermindy1133
Grand Villa
 
ermindy1133's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 2,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
I was there on Sunday. Took gobs of photos of the dresses including the inside of them. (My seamstress side made me see just how the garments are made.) Fabric is a good quality cotton sateen. Drapes well, is soft and not thin. Seams are well finished. The skirts are done in a gored style. This gives you the cut of a circle skirt but with 6-8 panels. Uses less fabric. Bodices are fitted with a dart for the better bust fit and in 4 panels (2 front, 2 back). There's a center back zip going from neckline to well past the hips. And the waistline has elastic on the sides for extra give.

Price is $118. Not bad when you consider the quality of the fabric. I figure each dress is about 5 yards. Good cotton sateen easily costs 16-18 per yard. Throw in the Disney print and the work involved making them and you can see where the cost comes from.

These aren't your usual cheaply made kids princess dresses with flimsy material. These are built to last.

Oh and because the fabric drapes you'll want to wear a short petticoat under them for the poof. You can wear without but it makes them flat. They sell petticoats in the shop. You can get cheaper on Amazon. Just look for rockabilly petticoat.

I didn't but one only because the are sleeveless and I'd have to add sleeves. I may as well make my own.

Personally I love the style. Much better than the 60s geomtretric retro we've been enduring from the fashion world lately. That stuff looks ugly on everyone but Twiggy. This style is more feminine and flattering on virtually every woman's shape. Just make sure your man dresses up to match. No sloppy t-shirt and sweats.

Sizes there were​ S, M, L, XL and up. That equates with the usual American sizing. I looked to be about a M/L. You gotta match the bust. Waist is forgiving as are the hips but that bust is tailored.
I'm so glad that you posted this! I was much more concerned with quality than price, but it sounds like these are going to be worth the money! I don't wear sleeveless either, so was planning on a light shrug to go over it. I work in a hospital, so I'm always cold anyway. Can't wait to check them out next month! Thanks again!!!
__________________
(ME, Mindy) (DH, Tim) (DS, Brandon) (DD, Emily, Emma, or Princess, lol!)
ermindy1133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2017, 01:49 PM   #20
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 5,184
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broganmc View Post
I was there on Sunday. Took gobs of photos of the dresses including the inside of them. (My seamstress side made me see just how the garments are made.) Fabric is a good quality cotton sateen. Drapes well, is soft and not thin. Seams are well finished. The skirts are done in a gored style. This gives you the cut of a circle skirt but with 6-8 panels. Uses less fabric. Bodices are fitted with a dart for the better bust fit and in 4 panels (2 front, 2 back). There's a center back zip going from neckline to well past the hips. And the waistline has elastic on the sides for extra give.

Price is $118. Not bad when you consider the quality of the fabric. I figure each dress is about 5 yards. Good cotton sateen easily costs 16-18 per yard. Throw in the Disney print and the work involved making them and you can see where the cost comes from.

These aren't your usual cheaply made kids princess dresses with flimsy material. These are built to last.

Oh and because the fabric drapes you'll want to wear a short petticoat under them for the poof. You can wear without but it makes them flat. They sell petticoats in the shop. You can get cheaper on Amazon. Just look for rockabilly petticoat.

I didn't but one only because the are sleeveless and I'd have to add sleeves. I may as well make my own.

Personally I love the style. Much better than the 60s geomtretric retro we've been enduring from the fashion world lately. That stuff looks ugly on everyone but Twiggy. This style is more feminine and flattering on virtually every woman's shape. Just make sure your man dresses up to match. No sloppy t-shirt and sweats.

Sizes there were​ S, M, L, XL and up. That equates with the usual American sizing. I looked to be about a M/L. You gotta match the bust. Waist is forgiving as are the hips but that bust is tailored.
Thanks... won't bother since yet sgain Disney forgets that their S is too big for petite people. Pity because some looked cute.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:45 AM.

MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.