home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-24-2020, 08:51 PM   #11
twingirls
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty57 View Post
The Columbia University study published in the New York Times, showed that Florida will peak around mid-May with no restrictive measures in place. With restrictive measures, and a flattening of the curve, the peak in Florida will be around mid-late June.
I would be shocked if WDW opens before late summer. I hope I'm wrong, but the data suggests otherwise.

Here's the link. http://https://www.nytimes.com/inter...-outbreak.html
Hmmm now do I move my vacation from early June to early August or cancel all together
twingirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 09:39 PM   #12
zafiro
Grand Villa

I think that infection rates can be reduced with "social distancing" and quarantining - the "managing or flattening the curve" for hospital space and resource management - but only for a short time.

Unless we have a vaccine or a medication that mitigates the effects of virus, we're just prolonging the exposure and infection rates to the population with these passive initiatives. At some point, we'll all pay the piper without a real and effective viral weapon.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 10:13 PM   #13
DVC Doctor
Two Bedroom

How about On April 10, opening the parks ONLY for DVC members and guest staying at DVC properties
Old 03-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #14
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVC Doctor View Post
How about On April 10, opening the parks ONLY for DVC members and guest staying at DVC properties
I'm good with that.

Throw in AP DVC only get in and we'd really be great
Old 03-24-2020, 10:26 PM   #15
zafiro
Grand Villa

Quote:
I think they'll have a soft opening that includes only those with on-site resort reservations which includes DVC and CRO. Hoping all restaurants are opened at that time too. I'm currently more interested in the food and drinks than the rides and shows.
zafiro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2020, 11:17 PM   #16
bubster
Grand Villa

Quote:
Sounds good but I would feel much better about it if they waited until at least May 1. That and screening tests before they let anyone check in.
Old 03-24-2020, 11:27 PM   #17
Chris71855
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafiro View Post
I think they'll have a soft opening that includes only those with on-site resort reservations which includes DVC and CRO. Hoping all restaurants are opened at that time too. I'm currently more interested in the food and drinks than the rides and shows.

I was thinking this myself. Would this be something that they could/would do?

1. Limit the number of guests staying at the resorts.
2. Test all guests as they check in.
3. Test all Cast Members before reporting to work.
4. Just like during EMH, check all guests at the gates to make sure they are staying on site and have checked in to the resort.

If they know how many people are in the entire resort, they should have an idea of how many people could "fit" into the parks and still be spread out enough to control contact between groups.

Ive never been to an after hours event or early morning magic, but from what Ive heard theyre not at all busy. They know how many people go to those. If they could limit it to that many people in each park I could see that working.
Chris71855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 12:23 AM   #18
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrdgrs View Post
Any thoughts on what will happen with Disneyland? I'm thinking they will shut down too till April 9th. Of course the 10th starts Easter weekend with the 10th being Good Friday.
California's current restrictions from the Governor is until April 19th and basically it's for non essential businesses, etc. etc. to remain closed until at least that date.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2020, 08:52 AM   #19
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney65 View Post
I believe this order is late. When they saw WDW closed at their own they should have done this earlier to stop the spread. Orlando gets tooooooo many foreign traffic.

New York is paying the price for the same reason.

Old 03-25-2020, 09:18 AM   #20
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftcoaster View Post
California's current restrictions from the Governor is until April 19th and basically it's for non essential businesses, etc. etc. to remain closed until at least that date.
I've not seen a hard date published on this, and the most I can find that's official is "until further notice." The initial six-county order than impacted us in Santa Clara had a hard date of April 7. I've not seen the April 19 in official documents.

This, for example, just says "until further notice":

https://covid19.ca.gov/stay-home-exc...sential-needs/

Cheers.