home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Vacation Planning and Trip Countdowns
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-18-2020, 04:24 PM   #51
E2ME2
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Some ride queues really donít promote the whole social distancing thing. ďMove all the way forward and fill in all of the dead space.Ē
ermindy; you really have a twisted sense of humor - I Love it!
Old 03-18-2020, 05:36 PM   #52
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by E2ME2 View Post
ermindy; you really have a twisted sense of humor - I Love it!
Well, I do. But actually, thatís what they always tell us when we are in line to ride Haunted Mansion.
Old 03-19-2020, 02:28 AM   #53
JaneBanks
One Bedroom

I wavered back and forth on whether to cancel a short mid May trip for my husband and I, but just decided to cancel it. I take care of my elderly parents, and am worried about bringing something to them.
Tomorrow morning I will look and see if there is anything for end of July, and if so we will take our granddaughters for a four day trip. If that gets canceled, I am not sure what I will do because the points were borrowed from my April 2021 points. Maybe deposit into RCI if I can do that.
JaneBanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 11:21 AM   #54
krisephillips
One Bedroom

Cancelled our March 21st trip and rescheduled to June 1st. Hope things will start to calm done by then.

Disney Castaway Club Member-Gold Level.
krisephillips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 02:18 PM   #55
gopherit
Grand Villa

Have an "adults only" trip set for mid-July. Have not cancelled and hope to by golly that a cancellation or reschedule IS NOT NEEDED. Fortunately- we don't plan to do much in the way of parks on this trip (mainly hang at resorts, perhaps one day of park hopping, and a day at a water park). Honestly - if the parks are still closed at that time - we got lots worse issues than our travel reservations as I doubt the global economy can sustain that degree of reduced commerce, for that period of time.

This whole thing has me rattled because I am an extremely data-based person, by nature, education and career - and good data is VERY hard to find right now. Based on what data I DO see (which is largely tainted by media) it doesn't seem like tide will turn until perhaps the morning of November 4th, when the current Jello wrestling match between the parties responsible for the media taintings will be placed on a roughly 2-3 year intermission.

Very frustrating... We need separation of Medicine and State!
Old 03-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #56
Sarco11
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopherit View Post
Honestly - if the parks are still closed at that time - we got lots worse issues than our travel reservations as I doubt the global economy can sustain that degree of reduced commerce, for that period of time.

As this goes on, my mid-May trip seems less likely. Has not stopped me from trolling dining reservations, though, and scored a dinner ressie for California Grill this afternoon for the 1 night pre cruise stay. It was also a brief moment of happy when I did the FP+ ressies this past Sunday.
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:35 PM   #57
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Just cancelled a weekend trip for late April.

Still wondering about the May 30 trip that was rescheduled from March...
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM   #58
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Well, not trips, but two more plays in our season subscription (May and June) cancelled. They'd already cancelled two in March. Sign...

Cheers.
Old 03-20-2020, 02:58 AM   #59
Crafty
Grand Villa

We had two reservations, a mid May and a July. In order to separate the points into bankable and non-bankable (already banked once), I had to cancel both.

I made a new one for mid to late August with the NB points. It is a split stay which is all I could find. Availability is filling up fast for summer and beyond.

If WDW is actually open in August that will take care all our NB points except for the 25 in holding. I am hoping to be able to reallocate them into the reservation in June. I had to use a few B points to complete the reservation. So maybe I can get them back out and bank them by the end of July.

I HATE this virus. I want everything to go back to normal. Sooner rather than later would be good.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2020, 07:27 AM   #60
tink711
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Pixie View Post

They will chalk, paint or tape us little spaces to stand in, then get to move to the next forward space and so on until you walk through a disinfectant and are allowed on the ride.

I would not mind if they did this ^ on a permanent basis.

Also, they could ban antiperspirant to "encourage" social distancing

Always dreaming of my next visit ...

tink711 is offline   Reply With Quote