home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-31-2020, 11:58 AM   #1
ryanbormann
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Moonlight Magic Question

We are fairly new to DVC and have yet to experience Moonlight Magic. Our trips never seem to overlap with the dates; however, our October trip falls in line with one of the HS dates. My parents and I share a direct contract and two resale contracts. While we are all blue card carrying members, our October trip is booked on 2 separate reservations - one for us and some relatives and one for them. Together, we will have more than 6 people (8 in total), which appears to be the Moonlight Magic limit based on my research. Will we be able to book 2 separate sets of tickets for Moonlight Magic, or will we only be able to book 1 since we have only 1 direct contract? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
ryanbormann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 12:36 PM   #2
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

As long as you have an eligible membership, you can reserve spots for the Moonlight Magic Events. It doesn't matter which membership the rooms were reserved using, just as long as you have a Blue membership card.

As for the number of guests you can reserve for, it's 4 or up to the number of guests listed on the room reservation(s).

Party size limits from the event details page:
Quote:
Party Size Limits
A Member can register themselves and up to 3 additional guests per Membership (for total of 4)—or up to the number of guests on his or her Resort reservation, provided it was finalized prior to July 13, 2020. Children younger than 3 years old do not need to be registered for this event.

Members With Multiple Resort Reservations
If Members have multiple Resort reservations, additional party size guidelines apply depending on how the reservation was booked:
  • When staying using Vacation Points or Reservation Points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals on their Resort reservation(s).
  • When staying using cash or RCI® points, Members can register themselves and up to the number of individuals staying in the same room as the Member, per Membership.
Old 03-31-2020, 09:41 PM   #3
Orion54
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
As long as you have an eligible membership, you can reserve spots for the Moonlight Magic Events. It doesn't matter which membership the rooms were reserved using, just as long as you have a Blue membership card.

As for the number of guests you can reserve for, it's 4 or up to the number of guests listed on the room reservation(s).

Party size limits from the event details page:
I'm not sure that's correct. I thought I saw MOs who have said that when they reserved rooms with resale contract points, they had to register when it opened to everyone and not with the Resort reservation group. This is what I remember but that might have changed. Maybe some other MOs can shed some light on this.
Old 04-01-2020, 07:38 AM   #4
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
I'm not sure that's correct. I thought I saw MOs who have said that when they reserved rooms with resale contract points, they had to register when it opened to everyone and not with the Resort reservation group. This is what I remember but that might have changed. Maybe some other MOs can shed some light on this.
For MM, how the room was booked is irrelevant. An eligible member can book MM as long as they are staying at any Disney owned & operated resort at WDW or VB. That reservation can be points, cash or in-bound RCI exchange.
Old 04-01-2020, 08:03 AM   #5
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion54 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxFLBear View Post
For MM, how the room was booked is irrelevant. An eligible member can book MM as long as they are staying at any Disney owned & operated resort at WDW or VB. That reservation can be points, cash or in-bound RCI exchange.
I think both of you are partly correct.

It is open to all “blue card” members, regardless of which membership you are booked on.

However some people did find they were not recognised as such if they were booked using ineligible points. The solution was to phone MS a couple of days before and ask that their reservation be marked as eligible. I have no idea what MS actually do but whatever it was seemed to work. Same for anyone staying at a non-DVC Resort.
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote