home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 04:57 PM   #11
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by reblzmom View Post
Looks like a fun adventure! BTW I just love the faces on the girls on the Frozen ride. Dare I confess that is the same look I have ( I do NOT like water rides).
haha

That picture was taken a little over 3 years ago. The youngest still isn't the biggest fan of this ride...she says she doesn't like going backwards...I wonder if I should keep her in the dark about Everest?
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 05:00 PM   #12
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyS View Post
Oh how fun! I love that picture with your youngest and Belle... Our transformation to becoming Disney crazies is a little more spread out... but I’m blessed my partner in life is just as crazy
the one good thing is that even though my wife isn't crazy like I am -- she does let me take some solo trips, as well as take the girls. Being DVC members definitely helps since it doesn't "feel" like we're spending any money.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #13
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
FUN! Love this TR. Looking forward to reading lots more of the adventures.
it gets better!!! At one point I thought I was going to have to call in S.W.A.T.

How's that for a teaser?

So stay tuned!
Old 02-22-2020, 05:04 PM   #14
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
What an incredible start to trip reporting! Looking forward to much more of this and future trips. Great (and very cute) pictures!

I know you’ve already had the pleasure of meeting Tom. Hopefully our paths cross in the near future.
Thanks for following!

I plan on starting up the TR for the youngest DD's daddy/daughter trip we just took last month. So there will be a sequel.

And I have a daddy double daughters trip planned this summer...so I might make this a franchise.

I had a great time meeting up with [@tomandrobin] Tom and Robin -- it was great putting a face with the username. Will definitely try and meet up with you if/when our trips line up.
Old 02-22-2020, 05:30 PM   #15
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

DAY 1 -- Part Deux

After spending 10 minutes getting through bag check (not hyperbole), I THEN still had to activate my AP voucher at the ticket booth.

Luckily that went pretty quickly and we were at the front entrance to Sci-Fi in no time.

I think we checked in around 1:20 pm, and we were seated within five minutes. Score!

The atmosphere here is pretty cool – and Kat really enjoyed the car seats.

Sorry --- no food **** pictures for this stop. At this point, I was so hungry. I didn’t eat kolaches since I’m trying to avoid carbs, plus with the 20 minute brisk walk, I was running on empty. Kat got a kid’s meal of Mac & cheese and I got the brisket burger thing with onion rings (so much for no carbs).

The onion rings were really good and the burger was the best I’ve had on property (but I’ve only had them at QS places…so it’s not a great comparison).

After lunch, we had a show to make!

That's right! FROZEN SING ALONG!!!

We had FPs for the 2:30 show and got in right before they started letting the regular queue in. Did I mention I love this show? Every time I watch it, my mind drifts back to that first time and the memory of Kat losing herself and just being in total wonder. Those imagineers know how to pull the heart strings, don’t they? (remember when I said I cut some stuff out from the background of what precipitated me becoming a Disneyholic? Well -- part of that story is related to this....perhaps we should have another sidebar?)

------------------------------
Stay with me for a bit...here's a bit of background from our trip we took back in 2016 that started it all...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney

While the trip had some ups and downs, it was the only vacation I have experienced where I was so overcome with emotions that I could barely keep it together. I shed quite a few tears watching Kat (not-quite-three years old) experience the magic for the first time. The two things that really got me were Wishes and the Frozen Sing Along show in Hollywood Studios. I don't think I have to explain Wishes -- but with Frozen (SPOILER ALERT), the very end where they make it snow, it was so amazing watching her become engrossed in the magic she thought it was actually snowing inside the building. In addition to those two moments, she also had so much fun with the character meals -- and riding the Tea Cups and Barnstormer “again and again and again!!!” (seriously – she rode this one night at least 8 times in a row).
Am I allowed to quote myself?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok -- let's get this back on track!

We had a great time!

After singing our hearts out, we made it over to Star Tours and took a nice tour of the galaxy. Neither of us were the rebel spy though. Not sure what it takes to get that, but I’ve been on this thing at least 15 times and still haven’t ever gotten picked. It must be rigged!

Time for our next ride!

But first, we caught a little bit of the Galaxy stage show. I enjoyed the little bit I saw, but we had a schedule to maintain! Or at least, try to maintain.

So we started heading down Sunset Blvd, but then Kat asked me to slow down. In fact, she said we needed to turn around. Something had spooked her so bad she was hiding her head. I wasn’t sure what was the matter, but I must admit I started to get a little spooked myself. See for yourself.

After overcoming our fright, we decided to take it head on. It was time for “the elevator ride.” More commonly known as Tower of Terror. This was Kat’s second time on the ride and she did quite well. It cracks me up because she screams really loud and seems genuinely afraid during the whole ride, but as soon as it’s done, she’s saying how much fun it was. I then ask her if she wants to do it again, and both times now she’s said, “no thank you. Once was good.”

Go figure. Here's the carnage from the show.

From ToT, we made our way to the 4:00 pm BATB show.

After BATB, it was time for our second first of the trip (Sci Fi being the first first). We made our way to the Disney Jr. show.

It was a cute puppet show and I think Kat enjoyed it…but I would say it was a one and done for me.

There isn’t any real seating so everyone just sits on the floor, which is not comfortable for me, so I ended up standing at the back of the room for about half the time. By this point, it was a little after 5:05 and we had one more ride to go before heading out for the night.

TSMM. The FP line was backed up a decent amount, so it ended up taking us about 20 minutes before we actually got on the ride.

Kat LOVES this ride and she’s gotten quite a bit better at it over the last two years. I was actually shocked at her accuracy. Check out her score!

But there was no way I was going to let her win!

We had a 7:30 ADR back at Beaches & Cream to make, so after taking a spin on Toy Story, it was time to bounce. Of course, we stopped and watched the first half of the Star Wars stage show since Kat screamed – “look! It’s the bad guy!” (that’s what she calls darth vader).

After exiting the front of the park, I saw the boat leaving the dock (naturally), so I knew it was best to just keep on walking. Unfortunately, with all of the construction for the gondola system, I completely missed the subtle turn off, and ended up walking on the path that goes to the bus pickups for the other parks. Rather than double back, I made the executive decision to go off-roading with the stroller and squeeze through a narrow path between the fence and the woods. I meant to take a picture but didn’t. Use your imagination.

We actually made our check-in time at exactly 7:30, so we made pretty good time despite my off-roading adventures. Kat got the kid’s meal Mac & Cheese (see a trend?) and I got the grilled cheese and tomato bisque (also added grilled onions and bacon to the grilled cheese). Since the carb day was shot to hell at this point, I went ahead and ordered the bacon cheese fries as an appetizer.

WARNING --- WARNING -- WARNING-- FOOD **** PICTURES AHEAD

Old 02-22-2020, 05:31 PM   #16
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

All the food was pretty good, but they sat us at a two topper right next to the to-go line…so the whole meal was a little awkward with people literally standing right next to us. They really should make the dividing wall taller.

I had planned on getting the snickers sundae, but I was already too full and Kat said she didn’t want any ice cream.

Huh?

Oh well. By this point, it was around 8:30 pm and it was time to get to the room and crash. I had some instacart deliveries made while we were at dinner and I got text messages that they had arrived. Awesome!

On the way to our room, we stopped off at bell services and asked them to bring our bags to the room. We then made our way to room 460 and I said a little prayer that our magic bands would open the door (I’ve had bad luck there on three previous stays). Luckily, both bands worked and bonus points – our luggage from DME was also waiting for us!

Got Kat in the bath and ready for bed and our bags and groceries from bell services came shortly. There was a small snafu with one of the deliveries. I had some liquor delivered from ABC liquor using instacart, and the driver dropped it off at the front desk instead of bell services. Apparently bell services never contacted the front desk, nor did the front desk contact bell services…so it kind of was in delivery purgatory.

Long story short, I didn’t get the delivery until the next afternoon when I decided to check with the front desk (this was 8 hours after bell services said they checked EVERYWHERE...including front desk and the convention center). Instacart was great about the whole thing, they said they’d refund me the money since I didn’t have it. Of course, I had to call them back to stop the charge reversal once I realized the hotel screwed the whole thing up.

Bottom line – instacart worked really well. Just make sure to check with the front desk too if something is missing.

Day 1 was now in the books, and tomorrow morning was Epcot AM! After starting this day at 4 AM CST -- it was time to get some sleep!

A little over 8.3 miles on 4.5 hours of sleep!

Old 02-22-2020, 08:15 PM   #17
Sarco11
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustinjourney View Post

There was a small snafu with one of the deliveries. I had some liquor delivered from ABC liquor using instacart, and the driver dropped it off at the front desk instead of bell services. Apparently bell services never contacted the front desk, nor did the front desk contact bell services…so it kind of was in delivery purgatory.
I would have some thoughts about where a liquor delivery may have wandered off to . Glad that you were reunited with your delivery!

Those bacon cheese fries look amazing. Did they come with the onions?
Sarco11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 09:12 PM   #18
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarco11 View Post
I would have some thoughts about where a liquor delivery may have wandered off to . Glad that you were reunited with your delivery!

Those bacon cheese fries look amazing. Did they come with the onions?
No shenanigans on the liquor. But I will say instacart has gotten more strict since then. I’ve had to physically been present to show my ID since then. So timing is way more important now.

As far as the onions, I didn’t ask to add them, so I’m assuming they were included back then.

Keep in mind this was two years ago, so menus might have changed.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:34 PM   #19
K&P
Studio

Awesome trip report! Looking forward to following along with the rest.
K&P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 02:53 AM   #20
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by K&P View Post
Awesome trip report! Looking forward to following along with the rest.
Thanks! And welcome!