home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-22-2020, 06:55 AM   #41
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
We just bought RR resale. We will deal with the restrictions. I think that most people will be able to do so. I just donít see the huge drop in resale prices that some others see.

My personal opinion is that the resale prices for Riviera should be in the $130-$140 range, taking into account the restrictions. This is my short term prediction. Long term (next 10 years), I expect the resale prices to be less then BLT/VGF/GCV, but more then VB/HHI/SSR/OKW/AKV/BRV/BWV, near BCV/CCV/PVB in price.
Old 02-22-2020, 07:17 AM   #42
MMC1
Grand Villa

Well if it is all about location location location.Riviera has some competition to give to BLT and GFV... I like that RR is within a skyliner ride to HS & Epcot and exclusive bus transport to Disney Springs . Have you seen how many new bus designs and updated systems inside bus lately? Taking a bus from the Riviera is currently a great option . I guess you can’t walk anywhere ... but Riviera just might be able to keep the price value competing. Especially since family has probably outgrown the MK and wants to be close to HS&EPCOT&DS...
Where does Disney have the largest amount of space that is not earning its potential ? Looking at google maps Can they take out a parking lot or a golf course or even an old resort to announce something really new and unexpected?
Indoor snow resort got your attention?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 07:30 AM   #43
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Congrats on your purchase!!!

I think Riviera is a great resort and over time, you will be quite pleased with your purchase.

We are in our 15th year of ownership and do not regret it one bit. I recall buying SSR, then finding online forums after the purchase. I remember how the previous resorts owners (BCV,BWV,OKW,HHI,VB) would bash SSR and bash the pricing of the resort. Well, they were wrong just like every resort that opened afterwards. Every resort was priced higher then the previous and every time the past owners would clamor over the pricing. It was always too high, yet each resort has sold out......except Aulani, it will be awhile.
Old 02-22-2020, 10:09 AM   #44
Thumpersmom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Congratulations! Wishing you many years of pixie dust!!
Thumpersmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #45
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulnox View Post
Thank you all again for the tips. We ended up pulling the trigger and went Riviera direct for 125 points. I have some small concern over the restrictions on resale, but Iím pretty confident that will be largely irrelevant in 10 years as new resorts open and older 14 resorts get dangerously close to contract expiration. Who knows though, I donít have any purpose in dumping it any time soon so Iíll just enjoy the ride.

Canít wait for our first visit next year, and canít thank you all enough. This site did more for us making a choice to join DVC than any salesperson. I know things are not always perfect on the DVC side, but appreciate everyone that gives their time here to make it as good as possible.
woohoo! Congrats!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:06 PM   #46
ajc
Grand Villa

BTW congratulations and keep on mind that as a DVX owner you can transfer points from another contract in or out once a year to take advantage of 11 month home resort option and control your bookings (have to call DVC for the bookings but that is easy enough).
One of the timeshare resale companies has transfer points on a regular basis (I am not sure if I can post which company so PM if you need a link.)
The beauty of transferred points is control and no annual dues.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote