home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Disney Springs
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-13-2020, 02:29 PM   #21
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
Hmmm... if it opens by May it might make us spend time going to DtD. Might be a draw for us to do more OKW and SSR stays too...
Canít have too many OKW stays! We have always been reluctant to stay elsewhere. Times are changing, though.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 06:09 PM   #22
cmrdgrs
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowfish2014 View Post
Ok folks,
I hear Disney Springs is getting their own Ample Hills Creamory. I am so excited as I love them. Question for you guys, any idea where it's going and when it's opening?

Thanks
For me, when I see the name Ample Hills it makes me not want to eat the ice cream because it reminds me that if/when I do I'll have "ample hills" on my body!

Where I'm Going 2020:
All Personal Travel is Under Construction
cmrdgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 07:35 PM   #23
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
Can’t have too many OKW stays! We have always been reluctant to stay elsewhere. Times are changing, though.
My guys are very much into WL right now. I'm itching to go back to OKW. This really will help as one love Ample Hills almost as much as our good locals!
Old 02-13-2020, 07:51 PM   #24
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
My guys are very much into WL right now. I'm itching to go back to OKW. This really will help as one love Ample Hills almost as much as our good locals!
Curious what counts as "good local" for you. Whatever it is there's probably one in my area too. (I live within walking distance of a Graeter's; I have to constantly forget that though -- don't want to gain 25 lbs)

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:25 PM   #25
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Curious what counts as "good local" for you. Whatever it is there's probably one in my area too. (I live within walking distance of a Graeter's; I have to constantly forget that though -- don't want to gain 25 lbs)
Graeter's and Jeni's are the two. I have a Graeter's a block from home. Jeni's is a drive away but not far, like a 'burb or two away and always in the grocery store. I actually have connections with Jeni personally as well as her husband and kids a few different ways. I do prefer Graeter's though.

Ample Hills is nothing like either of them, but has that really nice creamy base that I go for when eating ice cream. It's why I don't like B&C with their low brand store bought ice cream. Velvet is far better (another Ohio company if you didn't know - it's in Utica) and always at the Ohio State Fair
Old 02-13-2020, 09:40 PM   #26
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Graeter's and Jeni's are the two. I have a Graeter's a block from home. Jeni's is a drive away but not far, like a 'burb or two away and always in the grocery store. I actually have connections with Jeni personally as well as her husband and kids a few different ways. I do prefer Graeter's though.

Ample Hills is nothing like either of them, but has that really nice creamy base that I go for when eating ice cream. It's why I don't like B&C with their low brand store bought ice cream. Velvet is far better (another Ohio company if you didn't know - it's in Utica) and always at the Ohio State Fair
Actually I didn't know there was a Utica in Ohio.
FWIW I've never eaten "ice cream" at B&C as such; the only thing I've had there is a No Way Jose, which has enough chocolate fudge, etc that the ice cream doesn't really matter. Though no doubt it would even better....

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 02:14 AM   #27
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikthewise View Post
Really need to try the one at Boardwalk. Unfortunately between Beaches & Cream and Boardwalk Bakery I'm generally not hard up for sweets!
Beats the pants off Beaches & Cream for quality. B&C is mediocre generic stuff at best. They're appeal is catering to the American appetite by serving outrageously huge portions of the pap. No comparison.

Cheers.
Old 02-14-2020, 02:26 AM   #28
MickeyMcButterPants
One Bedroom

Ample Hills will be right next to AMC and Beatrix Restaurant will take the place of Bongos.
MickeyMcButterPants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:27 AM   #29
MMC1
Grand Villa

I plan to visit and buy expensive small scoop only because BRP and Bob Iger recommend...are they best buddies? Probably.... would be fun to have a photo of Bob or BRP , actually scooping ice cream at Ample Hills Disney Springs. Charity event ?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2020, 06:34 AM   #30
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
I plan to visit and buy expensive small scoop only because BRP and Bob Iger recommend...are they best buddies? Probably.... would be fun to have a photo of Bob or BRP , actually scooping ice cream at Ample Hills Disney Springs. Charity event ?
How much would you donate to see BRP scoop? (kidding around) ,I think , but I would pay
Any other Mouseowners you would pay to meet?
I think I would like to buy a drink for administrators for sure!
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote