home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-28-2020, 12:11 PM   #1
coastak
Grand Villa

Default Can you buy tickets for existing reservations?

I am confused on this.

We are booked late July (cash reservation) and Mid August (DVC)

Will we be able to buy tickets for my daughters? My wife and I have Annual passes but we were going to buy theirs shortly before 60 days out and I do not see the option
coastak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:16 PM   #2
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

My understanding is that no new tickets are being sold. Until they lift that restriction, they would not be able to get tickets.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:18 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

That's what I understood as well. We are going in September with mrs. brp's brother. Fortunately he got his ticket through UT a little while back and we have APs. Of course, he spent the extra for Hoppers and we will see if that is allowed in September

Cheers.

Last edited by brp; 05-28-2020 at 12:26 PM.
brp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:24 PM   #4
Oh_Joy!
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by coastak View Post
I am confused on this.

We are booked late July (cash reservation) and Mid August (DVC)

Will we be able to buy tickets for my daughters? My wife and I have Annual passes but we were going to buy theirs shortly before 60 days out and I do not see the option
Check the online ticket brokers. Theyíre still selling tickets. I jumped the gun and bought mine for October yesterday. I didnít want to be caught flat without a date-based ticket. But I bought hoppers like I normally use and now I wish that I hadnít.
Oh_Joy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #5
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
My understanding is that no new tickets are being sold. Until they lift that restriction, they would not be able to get tickets.

This!!!!

No new tickets being sold at this time. I caution people about buying tickets from online vendors until the new system rolls out and we get an understanding how long the new system will stay in place.
Old 05-28-2020, 01:10 PM   #6
hilaw
Grand Villa

following..
hilaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:29 PM   #7
HappyNGrumpy
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

We're in a similar situation. I have a reservation for late Aug. I have an AP, but I hadn't yet bought my son's. Don't think he'd enjoy hanging out in the room, while I go to the parks.

I may just see if I can rent out my reservation, cancel my AP, and just wait until next year...
Old 05-28-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
DMKEDM
One Bedroom

Why do you think there will be no park-hopping? I read somewhere (not remembering where) that the park reservation system requires both a date and a time to be reserved...if that's true, then one could (presumably) reserve one park in the morning, another in the afternoon, a third in the evening? Maybe?

As for FPes--I don't have any for my 8/1 reservation--but the window for them doesn't open til Monday...but I do have ADRs for that trip...(only one in-park restaurant, tho)...my ADRs still show up on MDE...I like the speculation that Disney will be doing virtual queues--I liked that system when we used it for Rise of the Resistance in January...

And, if they're only operating at 50% (or less) capacity, one wonders if one really needs FPes?
DMKEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 03:44 PM   #9
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMKEDM View Post
Why do you think there will be no park-hopping? I read somewhere (not remembering where) that the park reservation system requires both a date and a time to be reserved...if that's true, then one could (presumably) reserve one park in the morning, another in the afternoon, a third in the evening? Maybe?
That could happen only if they allow multiple park reservations for the same day. Until official details are announced by Disney, no one knows what they will do.
Old 05-28-2020, 09:59 PM   #10
cvjw
Grand Villa

My neighbors bought tickets from UT today for a July stay at the poly. Tickets are already linked in their MDE account.
cvjw is offline   Reply With Quote