home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: April 2020 Work Status: COVID Stay At Home
I'm essential & working as usual. 57 34.76%
I'm working from home. 75 45.73%
I'm not working. 23 14.02%
I'm doing a mix of regular work + work from home. 12 7.32%
It's none of your business / I'm doing my own thing. 4 2.44%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
MinnieMomofOne
Add-on Aficionado

Default Poll: Your April 2020 COVID work status

I'm curious about how everyone is doing with work this month. My guess is perhaps a larger % will be some version of WFH, but that's just a guess.

Amy's MouseOwner Trip Report List

Amy's Author Page - A Year of Disney, Camping Disney & Building Awesome Vacations

Amy's Blog
MinnieMomofOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
reblzmom
Grand Villa

WFH - but that's what I do in "normal" times anyway. It has been interesting to hear everyone talk about adjusting to it. I wouldn't give it up, but it definitely has its own set of challenges.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:14 PM   #3
brp
Add-on Aficionado

WFH full time. MY whole team (about 45 or so people) are WFH in Santa Clara, Taiwan and India. As we do SW, the impact on work is nor large (I've gathered some metrics and compared it with the Business as Usual data I had).

Some challenges for folks with kids, but some have adjusted to this now and developed their own routines.

We have another month of this here.

Cheerrs.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:17 PM   #4
Fiveresorts
Two Bedroom

I voted Im not working. The governor of Ohio has shut down my business (horse racing).
Fiveresorts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:22 PM   #5
reblzmom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
WFH full time. MY whole team (about 45 or so people) are W.FH in Santa Clara, Taiwan and India. As we do SW, the impact on work is nor large (I've gathered some metrics and compared it with the Business as Usual data I had).

Some challenges for folks with kids, but some have adjusted to this now and developed their own routines.

Cheerrs.
Our company has been virtual from inception so for about 15 years. Currently have staff in about 30 states, Australia, New Zealand and UK. Most of my team is local, though. But for now the usual child care routines are changed and there has been adjustment necessary even where WFH is the norm.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
a1000monkeys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
WFH full time. MY whole team (about 45 or so people) are WFH in Santa Clara, Taiwan and India. As we do SW, the impact on work is nor large (I've gathered some metrics and compared it with the Business as Usual data I had).

Cheerrs.
I suspect that even after May the Bay Area counties will recommend that employees that can work from home, continue to do so for awhile longer. Sure makes the commute more bearable for those that have to come in.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:28 PM   #7
brp
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by a1000monkeys View Post
I suspect that even after May the Bay Area counties will recommend that employees that can work from home, continue to do so for awhile longer. Sure makes the commute more bearable for those that have to come in.
I expect to go in limited days come June. It's good to go in periodically and connect with the team personally (at a distance, of course ). Bu the reality is that I don't actually need to be on-site full time.

Cheers.
Old 04-29-2020, 08:34 PM   #8
iflyjetzzz
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

I'm an airline pilot. 'Worked' as usual in April. Well, not really I have been on reserve; available to fly if a pilot calls in sick. With the schedule reduction, I didn't work at all this month.

I'll be on a 'surplus reduction line' May through August (I had to agree to take it) where I don't have to work and will get paid at ~1/2 rate. I'm hoping that the world will start to open up a bit so I can take a few vacations this summer.
iflyjetzzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:36 PM   #9
DrDisney
Studio

I'm a physician (could have guessed from my name). I have gone in every day, but very few patients come in. Fortunately I am on salary.
DrDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #10
ilphil
Studio

My wife and I are retired so not a huge change for us other than the stores being a lot more crowded when we go grocery shopping on a weekday.
Our daughter is working from home and definitely getting spoiled by no drive to and from work and being able to stay in leggings and a sweatshirt all day.
ilphil is offline   Reply With Quote