home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Tours and Events
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-29-2019, 06:36 PM   #1
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

Thumbs up Villain's After hours returns

Can someone please give me an opinion on this. I am thinking about doing it in March. My DW and DD love the villains. Thanks
Old 10-29-2019, 08:28 PM   #2
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pjferry View Post
Can someone please give me an opinion on this. I am thinking about doing it in March. My DW and DD love the villains. Thanks
We did it this summer. As with all paid events, whether or not it is worth it is subjective.
  • It had a very good center show. We watched it and normally we do not catch the show. It stuck with me as a fun show; I was very happy to have caught it.
  • The dragon moving through the parade path was fun, but somehow anticlimactic. Still, it added great atmosphere.
  • Lines were very short for us; shortest of all the parties we have been to. We did everything we wanted.
  • I do not recall any overlays on any rides. The rides were normal fair.
----------------------------------------------------

Last edited by ealvarado8899; 10-30-2019 at 07:07 PM.
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #3
Pjferry
Two Bedroom

Were there a lot of meet and greets of some of the different characters. Just went to the Holloween party and met Jafar, it was great..
Old 10-29-2019, 08:37 PM   #4
ealvarado8899
Grand Villa

Quote:
Were there a lot of meet and greets of some of the different characters. Just went to the Halloween party and met Jafar, it was great..
Wish I could tell ya, never been to a character meal or met a character. There was probably something unique, but I honestly do not know.

I have to retract my statement about no overlays. There were overlays for Space Mountain and Pirates. We loved Pirates; they added live actors like they do for Mickey's not so scary.
----------------------------------------------------
ealvarado8899 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
cpnkirk
Grand Villa

Quote:
Were there a lot of meet and greets of some of the different characters. Just went to the Holloween party and met Jafar, it was great..
They do put a note on the description that there are no villain meet & greet opportunities. I don't know why, seems like that should be a natural thing to do at a show like this...
cpnkirk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 12:16 AM   #6
Pooh128
Studio

Quote:
We did it last year and enjoyed it. Lines were short for the most part, 30 min for 7DMT was the longest line we encounter, Splash and Big Thunder were 10 min most of the night. My wife is a big Villains fan, she had me online ordering tickets when she found out it was coming back. No meet and greets but the had 4 magic shots with a few different villains.
Pooh128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:10 AM   #7
carolina_yankee
Administrator

I would love to do it and the first night is two nights after we leave.

Maleficent alone would be worthwhile for me.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #8
MMC1
Grand Villa

I attended the first night event. A slight delay with transition of the Space Mnt overlay was frustrating but after that delay I have to say it was lots of fun.
Seeing the fire breathing Dragon for the first time at night was a fascinating frightening view of the inner workings that arenít as evident in the daytime.
The magic shots were of Scar and Oogie Boogie and Hades and my favorite flames around the frame and the dragon has his eye on you from the upper corner.
Definitely recommend it if you are lucky enough to be visiting for one of the dates. It will probably get more and more crowded as popularity grows.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
Boundin'
Grand Villa

I just added a day on my July trip for this.

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2019, 11:15 AM   #10
meeskamooska
Two Bedroom

We are considering this too. We are there for three nights in March for my son's 10th birthday. One of the nights is the AK after dark, the next night is the villains night. We have done the regular MK after dark and really enjoyed it. Is the Villains night basically the same as that event with a Villain overtone? Since we are there for such a short time we are thinking of only using one park hopper day for Epcot/studios and then doing the two night events so we can have our days free for water parks, golf or pool time.

It saves me from having to think about fast passes and I like the late night empty park atmosphere.
meeskamooska is offline   Reply With Quote