home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Community Hole
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #201
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Nancy, sorry about the granddog......
Old 03-29-2020, 09:05 PM   #202
beansprout
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post
Nancy, sorry about the granddog......
Thanks Dan.

Brian, it was merciless revenge, I skunked him in Cribbage last time 😊

Patty, you wonít work from home tomorrow if the power is out 😉
Old 03-30-2020, 01:56 AM   #203
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Ha, fair enough, Nancy.

And just like that itís freaking Monday once again. Bah humbug.
Old 03-30-2020, 07:17 AM   #204
D C
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Ha, fair enough, Nancy.

And just like that itís freaking Monday once again. Bah humbug.
It is.
How's the drive been lately?

Seems like I can walk to work these days faster than it took me to drive.
Old 03-30-2020, 09:52 AM   #205
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Yes, it's Monday once again, with the unbelievable prospect of four more Mondays just such as this to come. I am fully aware of the fact that this isolation is not as difficult for Sandra and me as it is for people who are accustomed to still working outside the home, but it is still hard on "people" people. I have never been accused of being an introvert. I really miss church hugs and friend hugs and laughter with a group. I hurt right now, though, especially for folks whose income is impacted by, at least, another full month of people needing to distance from one another.

And the reality of what is going on was underscored Saturday, when the brother of one of our close friends passed away after fighting for his life for well over a week, on a ventilator, then life support. His home was in Fairhope, where we lived for 20 years and finished our careers. We (in normal times) are with Jeannie, his sister, at least twice a week. It's hard to not be able to comfort her in person. Or even take a casserole. (Maybe that's just a southern thing?) Tim was 73 and a two-time lung cancer survivor, so he was most definitely in the high risk population. Somehow, we managed to not know him during our time in the same town.

So, our condo cruise continues. I'm glad we got a balcony stateroom. And the drink package. I thought I had stocked in enough spirits for the duration of the cruise, but my "dacquiritas" are rum and tequila intensive, so I may have to pull in to port to re-supply. We are still able to walk outdoors, which is a huge help. I would love to say I have been able to use free time to good advantage - working on songs, or organizing...something - but I have only found more novel ways to waste time. Mostly involving computer screens.

I'll join Mike in apologizing for being a downer. And again, Nancy - so sorry about Nugget. Everybody stay safe.
Old 03-30-2020, 10:33 AM   #206
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Kim and I are officially joining the ranks of the home bound. Kim was laid off last week and therefore was able to help me at work. Thankfully!!! We were able to finish a huge job on Saturday. This was HUGE because Friday night I discovered that my work was not deemed as essential and I could be fined and lose my license if I continued. WHEW!

Bonus time for us! We had ordered all new windows for our house and they all came in Thursday! We have at least two weeks without work interruptions to get them installed. We might even get a room or two painted! I love making our home worth more $$$!

Jerry, us huggers are definitely suffering through this. My thoughts are especially with a fellow from church, a real people person who lost his wife in January. He's alone, and isn't tech savvy at all. I've heard he .is unable to watch our live streamed services as well. I really feel for him.

Amy!!!! Love seeing you pop in! Thinking/praying for your man.....

I may have mentioned this before, or I texted it to some of you but I'll repeat myself at the risk of being rude.... (name that song, win a scotcheroo)

Kim and I are looking at this a retirement practise round.

I'm even seeing time to finally finish my latest trip report!

As Tigger would say, Ta Ta For Now! TTFN
Old 03-30-2020, 11:20 AM   #207
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzrooster View Post

Kim and I are officially joining the ranks of the home bound. Kim was laid off last week and therefore was able to help me at work. Thankfully!!! We were able to finish a huge job on Saturday. This was HUGE because Friday night I discovered that my work was not deemed as essential and I could be fined and lose my license if I continued. WHEW!

Bonus time for us! We had ordered all new windows for our house and they all came in Thursday! We have at least two weeks without work interruptions to get them installed. We might even get a room or two painted! I love making our home worth more $$$!

Jerry, us huggers are definitely suffering through this. My thoughts are especially with a fellow from church, a real people person who lost his wife in January. He's alone, and isn't tech savvy at all. I've heard he .is unable to watch our live streamed services as well. I really feel for him.

Amy!!!! Love seeing you pop in! Thinking/praying for your man.....

I may have mentioned this before, or I texted it to some of you but I'll repeat myself at the risk of being rude.... (name that song, win a scotcheroo)

Kim and I are looking at this a retirement practise round.

I'm even seeing time to finally finish my latest trip report!

As Tigger would say, Ta Ta For Now! TTFN

Fifty Ways To Leave Your Lover
Old 03-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #208
kzrooster
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandbuddy View Post
fifty ways to leave your lover
Ding! Ding! Ding!

We have a winner!!!!
Old 03-30-2020, 11:44 PM   #209
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Dan, commute is about 10-15 minutes better than the 1.5 hour norm. Youíd think it would be way better (at no traffic trip can be completed within an hour), but nope, still plenty of traffic out there. That said, Iíll take it for sure.

Jerry, so sorry about the loss of your friendís brother.

Dan, well done getting your work done right in time!
Old 03-31-2020, 10:49 AM   #210
Grandbuddy
Grand Villa

Good morning, Brian.

Good morning, Dan.

Good morning, everyone who might drop in later.