home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 07:55 PM   #3101
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk
How about rewind and do some things differently?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:11 PM   #3102
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Awe that does sound like a fun day! Hope you still get to do all of that. Since this is a SW themed day for your friend, is this day also a day you are planning to do the virtual queue for RotR? Glad you're planning using your June UY. Good position to be in, if you need to change anything further. Good luck with FP+ this week!
I have some pieced together, just not all. We have decided one day will be a VIP tour though to just give me a free of planning day. A bucket list of sorts too.

Assuming VQ is still around for RotR, yes we will. He wants to do anything and everything SW related. If we are lucky we get one day of F&GF too. We're holding off on changing SW flights for now. If I hear a hint of a chance for one more day of F&GF we will go early too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crafty View Post
I suggest that you take a look at the Star Wars virtual reality experience in DS. That can be done anytime and without park admission. I didn’t personally do it, but my DD and her DF both really enjoyed it. Just a thought.
Oh I will look into that. We are doing our first full week of distance learning but maybe if he gets work done soon. He was doing virtual merit badges last week as they took days to figure out what will be done virtually at his school. Spring break that was cancelled was the week before so they gave last week for teachers to figure out as we got the work and school from home order hours after the school closed for break.

Poor kid was going to take Life Skills this term. He was looking forward to baking (loves to help me) and now misses out on that. Not everything in classes can be done virtually. My friend who is a chem prof is having issues with no labs as well.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:21 PM   #3103
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
How about rewind and do some things differently?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #3104
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I have some pieced together, just not all. We have decided one day will be a VIP tour though to just give me a free of planning day. A bucket list of sorts too.

Assuming VQ is still around for RotR, yes we will. He wants to do anything and everything SW related. If we are lucky we get one day of F&GF too. We're holding off on changing SW flights for now. If I hear a hint of a chance for one more day of F&GF we will go early too.
VIP tour sounds awesome. Iíd love to do that one day. I had a silly thought yesterday that maybe DVC can reimburse those who lose points with a stay at the new Star Wars hotel Iíd take a VIP tour too!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 08:29 PM   #3105
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Depends. How far back do we get to go?
Old 03-29-2020, 08:46 PM   #3106
babysimba
Two Bedroom

April 24h thru May 2nd cancelled. Gone. Bye bye FOP fast passes. Bye Bye Pirates and Pal cruise. See ya next year, Storybook dining.

Everything just fell into place for our April trip. Well, flights were a PITA, but everything else was just perfect. We wanted a split stay at CCV and last 3 nights at BCV. Done. Easy Peasey and these aren't even our home resorts! We found it was much cheaper to fly down Friday than Saturday, so we got our daughter on board to fly down with us and then SIL (teacher) would follow on Saturday. We called for a cash room just for the night and the only military discounted (40 % off) room they had was The Cars Suite at AoA. Perfect!! Grandson is a HUGE Cars fan and was beyond excited. We then got ALL the fast passes we wanted. For my dining booking window, I really wanted Storybook dining, but I just could not get past the submit button. I would select Storybook, but by the time I clicked, the time was gone. Then I kept getting booted out. In between phone conferences and employee benefit enrollment, I had to give up. Oh well, next time. However, when I was leaving work around 6 PM and just for the hell of it, I tried one more time and there it was.. that little golden time slot. I couldn't believe it. With trepidation I hit select and then closed my eyes. It couldn't be true. It was a mirage. Just a dream. When that little Storybook dining reservation showed up in MDE, I knew that there really was pixie dust. It is a real thing. Next came the Pirates and Pal cruise. Booked. Always wanted to do this, but never worked out. Weeks later, found out my BF and her family were going to be @ WDW the same week! Told her about the cruise but warned her there probably wouldn't be any tickets left. More pixie dust, she's confirmed. We can hang out. Yes!! My adult neice called, and wanted to come along for a few days. Her and my daughter are very close (even born on the same day). Added her to all our FP's. This is going to be great! Booked one more character breakfast. I loved LOVED my itinerary for this trip. I could not believe how everything just fell into place. It couldn't get any better. Or could it? Our daughter and SIL found great flights home by flying into Hartford. Those flights weren't so great for us, so we kept lallygagging and holding off. Son was visiting (he is a DVC owner as well) and said, we have extra points and don't know what to get you for Christmas, we could get you an extra night at Riviera if you wanted to stay an extra night and come home Sunday. Well, lets just look at flight prices. Wait, what? It is less than HALF the price to come home Sunday vs Saturday and we can stay in a tower room at Riviera? Umm, ok. Our granddaughter (5 yo) googled every.single.ride at Disney. Our grandson ( 3 yo) has You Tubed the Cars Suites no less than 20 times. He told his preschool teacher he is sleeping at Lightening McQueen's house every single day for a week.

And then came Covid 19...

I am trying not to have a pity party. I know there are others that are really going through tough times, but, I was really looking forward to that trip Oh well, there is always next year.

Sorry for being so whiny and thanks for letting me ramble
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 10:15 PM   #3107
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
April 24h thru May 2nd cancelled. Gone. Bye bye FOP fast passes. Bye Bye Pirates and Pal cruise. See ya next year, Storybook dining.

Everything just fell into place for our April trip. Well, flights were a PITA, but everything else was just perfect. We wanted a split stay at CCV and last 3 nights at BCV. Done. Easy Peasey and these aren't even our home resorts! We found it was much cheaper to fly down Friday than Saturday, so we got our daughter on board to fly down with us and then SIL (teacher) would follow on Saturday. We called for a cash room just for the night and the only military discounted (40 % off) room they had was The Cars Suite at AoA. Perfect!! Grandson is a HUGE Cars fan and was beyond excited. We then got ALL the fast passes we wanted. For my dining booking window, I really wanted Storybook dining, but I just could not get past the submit button. I would select Storybook, but by the time I clicked, the time was gone. Then I kept getting booted out. In between phone conferences and employee benefit enrollment, I had to give up. Oh well, next time. However, when I was leaving work around 6 PM and just for the hell of it, I tried one more time and there it was.. that little golden time slot. I couldn't believe it. With trepidation I hit select and then closed my eyes. It couldn't be true. It was a mirage. Just a dream. When that little Storybook dining reservation showed up in MDE, I knew that there really was pixie dust. It is a real thing. Next came the Pirates and Pal cruise. Booked. Always wanted to do this, but never worked out. Weeks later, found out my BF and her family were going to be @ WDW the same week! Told her about the cruise but warned her there probably wouldn't be any tickets left. More pixie dust, she's confirmed. We can hang out. Yes!! My adult neice called, and wanted to come along for a few days. Her and my daughter are very close (even born on the same day). Added her to all our FP's. This is going to be great! Booked one more character breakfast. I loved LOVED my itinerary for this trip. I could not believe how everything just fell into place. It couldn't get any better. Or could it? Our daughter and SIL found great flights home by flying into Hartford. Those flights weren't so great for us, so we kept lallygagging and holding off. Son was visiting (he is a DVC owner as well) and said, we have extra points and don't know what to get you for Christmas, we could get you an extra night at Riviera if you wanted to stay an extra night and come home Sunday. Well, lets just look at flight prices. Wait, what? It is less than HALF the price to come home Sunday vs Saturday and we can stay in a tower room at Riviera? Umm, ok. Our granddaughter (5 yo) googled every.single.ride at Disney. Our grandson ( 3 yo) has You Tubed the Cars Suites no less than 20 times. He told his preschool teacher he is sleeping at Lightening McQueen's house every single day for a week.

I am trying not to have a pity party. I know there are others that are really going through tough times, but, I was really looking forward to that trip Oh well, there is always next year.

I am so sorry. You are in good company. We had a massive pitty party about our canceled trip. Tears and all shed by those going.

Quote:
VIP tour sounds awesome. Iíd love to do that one day. I had a silly thought yesterday that maybe DVC can reimburse those who lose points with a stay at the new Star Wars hotel Iíd take a VIP tour too!
I saved up for it when I started getting stressed by the SWL planning. My husband told me that no matter what we'll do it. He's seen what stresses I've been under lately.

Now if we could get reimbursed with a SW hotel stay, our friend will join us again
Old 03-29-2020, 11:18 PM   #3108
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:

Iím so sorry, thatís just terrible.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 11:27 PM   #3109
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:

You can whine all you want. Youíre in good company here. Iím sorry your trip is now cancelled.

DH and I were supposed to go to New Orleans this weekend with friends. Cancelled. Disney for MM at MK in April. Cancelled. Iím pretty bummed too. Now with the new announcement to keep on staying in my house and watching tv all the time for another month, Iím convinced school is done for the year too. I get to continue to be a homeschool teacher for another 2 months which isnít great. My students are unruly and complain a lot.
Old 03-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #3110
broganmc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
You can whine all you want. Youíre in good company here. Iím sorry your trip is now cancelled.

DH and I were supposed to go to New Orleans this weekend with friends. Cancelled. Disney for MM at MK in April. Cancelled. Iím pretty bummed too. Now with the new announcement to keep on staying in my house and watching tv all the time for another month, Iím convinced school is done for the year too. I get to continue to be a homeschool teacher for another 2 months which isnít great. My students are unruly and complain a lot.
On the bright side, I think you can lock them in their rooms without dinner. You certainly can punish them to clean your house. Having children = cheap labor.

Upcoming:

Oct 18-Nov 14 (BLT, SSR, Cypress Harbour, Family & Friends Birthday Blowout)

Completed: NYE Dec 29-Jan 3 (BLT) Me + 4 Gen Ys, Florida Sep 29- Nov 2 (B-day trip), Florida March 3-23 (Cypress Harbour 3-16, Bay Lake 17-23), Williamsburg with the family, June 21-28, 2019
broganmc is offline   Reply With Quote