home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 12:10 PM   #181
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Hey, anyone know how or when Disney will extend the AP dates? I just checked ours, and the orig expiration date of OCt 10 is still on MDE. But since Disney has been closed 14 days now, those days have not been added?
So will the new expiration dates just show up when this is all over? when they know how many to add? and not just add them one day at a time???
I don't, and I've been looking for info on AP. We just bought ours for the first time a bit ago, at the 60 day mark for our 4/18 trip. They were supposed to cover us for that April trip and a January one we'd booked, making it worth the price for AP. Now that I'm assuming April will be cancelled any day now, I'm REALLY hoping the CM allows us to cancel the AP (which haven't been activated or used yet) at the same time as the resort reservation...
1989 - Caribbean
2013 - Disney Cruise Line
2015 - Grand Floridian
2016 - Caribbean Beach Club
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

DougS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 12:21 PM   #182
FessParker1
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougS View Post
I don't, and I've been looking for info on AP. We just bought ours for the first time a bit ago, at the 60 day mark for our 4/18 trip. They were supposed to cover us for that April trip and a January one we'd booked, making it worth the price for AP. Now that I'm assuming April will be cancelled any day now, I'm REALLY hoping the CM allows us to cancel the AP (which haven't been activated or used yet) at the same time as the resort reservation...
I don't know if you can cancel the AP but the time shouldn't start til activated so if you wait til January it will be good for a year from that date.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:32 PM   #183
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Hey, anyone know how or when Disney will extend the AP dates? I just checked ours, and the orig expiration date of OCt 10 is still on MDE. But since Disney has been closed 14 days now, those days have not been added?
So will the new expiration dates just show up when this is all over? when they know how many to add? and not just add them one day at a time???

My assumption is nothing will be changed until this crap is over.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:46 PM   #184
WDWGoof
Grand Villa

I know ticket services has been so busy so I haven't called yet, but has anyone had a chance to ask if you had an AP and renewed it on the phone through MS, will you get the extension even though you haven't made it to guest services to actually activate the renewal.
WDWGoof is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 08:24 AM   #185
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
I don't know if you can cancel the AP but the time shouldn't start til activated so if you wait til January it will be good for a year from that date.
Thanks for the reply. They told us at the time of order that the time wouldn't start until activated, which is a great deal. The only reason I ask is because I intentionally bought them as late as we could, similar to how we purchase our DDP, because I'd rather not have that much money (5 APs) tied up for 8 months longer than we need to...
1989 - Caribbean
2015 - Grand Floridian
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

Old 03-30-2020, 03:10 PM   #186
DougS
One Bedroom

I messaged with a CM this morning, and got updated info. They will not refund the AP, but will push out the start date as long as needed.

We were also told that we didn't need to cancel, Disney was auto-cancelling all reservations when they hit the 7 day out window. Members were welcome to cancel prior to that (I'm 19 days out now), and the two types of cancellations would be treated the same.

So follow-up question: I'm sorry if I'm the last to notice, but is the booking tool permanently down?

I was looking to cancel our April trip, and see what availability looked like in Oct, but I keep getting the Seven Dwarves...
1989 - Caribbean
2015 - Grand Floridian
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

Old 03-30-2020, 05:42 PM   #187
Micah008
Grand Villa

Quote:
So follow-up question: I'm sorry if I'm the last to notice, but is the booking tool permanently down?

I was looking to cancel our April trip, and see what availability looked like in Oct, but I keep getting the Seven Dwarves...
It has been a bit intermittent today, but overall has been working.

MousePerks
MOD 137 - Owner at Animal Kingdom Villas, Riviera Resort, and Saratoga Springs Resort

Apr '87 offsite; Feb '91 offsite; Feb '04 offsite; Feb '10 Pop; Jan '12 ASSp; Jan '13 Pop; Jan '14 VGF/AKV (Report); Mar '14 POR; Aug '14 SSR (Report); Jan '15 VGF/AKV/OKW (Report); Jan '16 BLT/BCV (Report); Aug '16 AKV; Jan '17 PVB/BWV; Jan '18 Pop/BRV; Aug '18 AKV; Jan '19 PVB/BCV; Jan '20 VGF/AKV/DRR; Aug '20 AKV/CCV; Oct '20 DRR;
Micah008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:53 PM   #188
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micah008 View Post
It has been a bit intermittent today, but overall has been working.
Oh, awesome, thanks for the reply. I was worried that it was just down because of the crisis.
1989 - Caribbean
2015 - Grand Floridian
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)

Old 03-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #189
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
I messaged with a CM this morning, and got updated info. They will not refund the AP, but will push out the start date as long as needed.

We were also told that we didn't need to cancel, Disney was auto-cancelling all reservations when they hit the 7 day out window. Members were welcome to cancel prior to that (I'm 19 days out now), and the two types of cancellations would be treated the same.

It's been touchy lately. I hit a lot of that yesterday when looking.
Old 03-31-2020, 07:01 AM   #190
DougS
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
It's been touchy lately. I hit a lot of that yesterday when looking.
I'm having weirder luck today. I can get in, and search my home resort, but when I try to book or waitlist I'm getting the error.

I'm also getting "waitlist only" options in Oct, but that's another problem.

I know this has been asked before, but I've only halfway mentally tracked the answers: what's folks results with the waitlists?
1989 - Caribbean
2015 - Grand Floridian
2017 - All Star Movies
2018 - CCV
2019 - AKV (Trip Report)
2020 - DRR (April)