home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #3091
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado
 
erikthewise's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: OH
Posts: 8,898
Default

Heard a very interesting episode on NPR's "Hidden Brain" just now (3/29), among other things comparing COVID to the 1917 outbreak of influenza. It's available as a podcast here.
__________________

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #3092
carolina_yankee
Administrator
 
carolina_yankee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 32,501
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
You mean we should just Tivo life? I like that idea!

Cheers.
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk
__________________


carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #3093
Nickys
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 2,872
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk
I kinda feel like everything is on pause right now, normality for sure.

We put our clocks forward last night. A number of well-known figures have suggested we put them forward two or three months. One week down, twelve to go. <sigh>
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #3094
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa
 
JCinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk
Can we just FF and forget about it all?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #3095
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 12,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Can we just FF and forget about it all?


Trying to recreate the day I had at DHS on the 1st. Ugh. Blech. Does anyone know if VIP tours help with scheduling things like dining and crap? I hate what I did
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #3096
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa
 
JCinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post


Trying to recreate the day I had at DHS on the 1st. Ugh. Blech. Does anyone know if VIP tours help with scheduling things like dining and crap? I hate what I did
I am so intrigued to know what you had planned for that day. Can you please tell us? Give us something to dream of.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #3097
MMC1
Grand Villa
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 4,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post


Trying to recreate the day I had at DHS on the 1st. Ugh. Blech. Does anyone know if VIP tours help with scheduling things like dining and crap? I hate what I did
Disney should be offering “ matching” plans for those that had to rebook and reschedule. Does not seem fair to be required to do the FP and dining Hunt all over again. How difficult would this be for Disney tech?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:01 PM   #3098
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado
 
helenabear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 12,702
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Disney should be offering “ matching” plans for those that had to rebook and reschedule. Does not seem fair to be required to do the FP and dining Hunt all over again. How difficult would this be for Disney tech?
I had not done FPs. We are doing those this week. Just dining and experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I am so intrigued to know what you had planned for that day. Can you please tell us? Give us something to dream of.
I had a morning ADR for Oga's for breakfast (may not have kept it) In the heat of the day I had lunch at 50s Prime time followed by Lightsaber building followed by the droid build. Then drinks at Oga's for my beer drinkers and then resting that afternoon. Now it's a bad mishmash of stuff with no lunch. Not thrilled but will keep playing.
__________________
helenabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #3099
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa
 
JCinWonderland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 1,316
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post



I had a morning ADR for Oga's for breakfast (may not have kept it) In the heat of the day I had lunch at 50s Prime time followed by Lightsaber building followed by the droid build. Then drinks at Oga's for my beer drinkers and then resting that afternoon. Now it's a bad mishmash of stuff with no lunch. Not thrilled but will keep playing.
Awe that does sound like a fun day! Hope you still get to do all of that. Since this is a SW themed day for your friend, is this day also a day you are planning to do the virtual queue for RotR? Glad you're planning using your June UY. Good position to be in, if you need to change anything further. Good luck with FP+ this week!
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #3100
Crafty
Grand Villa
 
Crafty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 2,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
I had not done FPs. We are doing those this week. Just dining and experiences.



I had a morning ADR for Oga's for breakfast (may not have kept it) In the heat of the day I had lunch at 50s Prime time followed by Lightsaber building followed by the droid build. Then drinks at Oga's for my beer drinkers and then resting that afternoon. Now it's a bad mishmash of stuff with no lunch. Not thrilled but will keep playing.
I suggest that you take a look at the Star Wars virtual reality experience in DS. That can be done anytime and without park admission. I didn’t personally do it, but my DD and her DF both really enjoyed it. Just a thought.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 AM.

© MouseOwners. "MouseOwners" is a registered servicemark. This is an unofficial fan site and is not affiliated in any way with The Walt Disney Company, the Disney Vacation Club, Disney Vacation Development, or any of their affiliates or subsidiaries. All Disney images © The Walt Disney Company.
Powered by Forum Software