home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP PLANNING > Theme Parks
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-29-2020, 01:10 PM   #3091
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Heard a very interesting episode on NPR's "Hidden Brain" just now (3/29), among other things comparing COVID to the 1917 outbreak of influenza. It's available as a podcast here.

Charter Member of OOO (Order Of the Oval)
erikthewise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:08 PM   #3092
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by brp View Post
You mean we should just Tivo life? I like that idea!

Cheers.
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:27 PM   #3093
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
O dear God, I'm not sure I'm ready for some replays, but pause might come in handy!!

Dirk
I kinda feel like everything is on pause right now, normality for sure.

We put our clocks forward last night. A number of well-known figures have suggested we put them forward two or three months. One week down, twelve to go. <sigh>
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:34 PM   #3094
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post

Dirk
Can we just FF and forget about it all?
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 05:15 PM   #3095
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Can we just FF and forget about it all?

Trying to recreate the day I had at DHS on the 1st. Ugh. Blech. Does anyone know if VIP tours help with scheduling things like dining and crap? I hate what I did
Old 03-29-2020, 05:29 PM   #3096
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post

Trying to recreate the day I had at DHS on the 1st. Ugh. Blech. Does anyone know if VIP tours help with scheduling things like dining and crap? I hate what I did
I am so intrigued to know what you had planned for that day. Can you please tell us? Give us something to dream of.
Old 03-29-2020, 05:39 PM   #3097
MMC1
Grand Villa

Quote:

Disney should be offering “ matching” plans for those that had to rebook and reschedule. Does not seem fair to be required to do the FP and dining Hunt all over again. How difficult would this be for Disney tech?
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 06:01 PM   #3098
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Disney should be offering “ matching” plans for those that had to rebook and reschedule. Does not seem fair to be required to do the FP and dining Hunt all over again. How difficult would this be for Disney tech?
I had not done FPs. We are doing those this week. Just dining and experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
I am so intrigued to know what you had planned for that day. Can you please tell us? Give us something to dream of.
I had a morning ADR for Oga's for breakfast (may not have kept it) In the heat of the day I had lunch at 50s Prime time followed by Lightsaber building followed by the droid build. Then drinks at Oga's for my beer drinkers and then resting that afternoon. Now it's a bad mishmash of stuff with no lunch. Not thrilled but will keep playing.
Old 03-29-2020, 06:58 PM   #3099
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:

I had a morning ADR for Oga's for breakfast (may not have kept it) In the heat of the day I had lunch at 50s Prime time followed by Lightsaber building followed by the droid build. Then drinks at Oga's for my beer drinkers and then resting that afternoon. Now it's a bad mishmash of stuff with no lunch. Not thrilled but will keep playing.
Awe that does sound like a fun day! Hope you still get to do all of that. Since this is a SW themed day for your friend, is this day also a day you are planning to do the virtual queue for RotR? Glad you're planning using your June UY. Good position to be in, if you need to change anything further. Good luck with FP+ this week!
Old 03-29-2020, 07:51 PM   #3100
Crafty
Grand Villa

Quote:
I had not done FPs. We are doing those this week. Just dining and experiences.

I suggest that you take a look at the Star Wars virtual reality experience in DS. That can be done anytime and without park admission. I didn’t personally do it, but my DD and her DF both really enjoyed it. Just a thought.
Crafty is offline   Reply With Quote