home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Latest Disney (non-DVC-related) News & Rumors
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-15-2020, 01:13 PM   #31
Eeyorelover22
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Many of the castmembers have not experienced the Rise of the Resistance due to blackout dates.
I wish Disney would give them a chance before they depart. Management and trainers could operate while interns are allowed one final Thank You from Disney.
Just a final happy memory, perhaps on behalf of MickeyMouse.
I think they were unblocked from Studios. Not sure they will be able to ride RoTR though.

edit: In addition, according to Attractions Magazine, Rise of the Resistance at Disney’s Hollywood Studios is planned to be open to them during Extra Magic Hours, which are 8:30 to 10:30 pm.
Eeyorelover22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 01:43 PM   #32
Simba's Mom
Grand Villa

Thinking about the original topic of this thread, the college program, I wonder how WDW is going to handle staffing when WDW theme parks reopen. Those college program CMs were such a large percentage of staff at restaurants (QS and TS), stores, attractions, I just don't see how WDW is planning to handle it if/when they reopen.
Simba's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:45 PM   #33
carolina_yankee
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Thinking about the original topic of this thread, the college program, I wonder how WDW is going to handle staffing when WDW theme parks reopen. Those college program CMs were such a large percentage of staff at restaurants (QS and TS), stores, attractions, I just don't see how WDW is planning to handle it if/when they reopen.
There is no "if." WDW will reopen! The question is certainly When.

Reports so far indicate that CP CMs scheduled to arrive in late April/May should still do so.

My best is the parks are closed through April. Cruise lines are already closed through the middle of April.

Dirk

carolina_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:04 PM   #34
Carol
Add-on Aficionado

I doubt WDW will reopen until after Easter at the earliest. Can't believe they would want to deal with those crowds in the current environment. Also, it wouldn't surprise me if travel between states was banned or severely limited in the next week or two, either.

I wish people wouldn't compare COVID-19 with the flu. It is not the same as far as the health care system goes. Ask any competent medical provider. If we can't slow the spread of COVID-19, the health care system will not be able to handle the number of people needing critical care. Many more will die. It won't be just the elderly or these with underlying conditions either.

In a neighboring county there is someone in their 30's in critical care right now and yesterday a teenager was hospitalized.

We all need to do what we can to slow the spread down.
Carol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:08 PM   #35
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolina_yankee View Post
There is no "if." WDW will reopen! The question is certainly When.

Reports so far indicate that CP CMs scheduled to arrive in late April/May should still do so.

My best is the parks are closed through April. Cruise lines are already closed through the middle of April.

Dirk
Yes I am sure WDW will reopen but I would guess they won't just flip a switch and the park will be back to normal with the pre virus crowds. I would suspect there will be a slow period as the country and world regain the confidence to travel again and have time to schedule their new vacations. This would mean that they probably won't need to staff at pre virus levels for several weeks, possibly months giving them time for the Cps that are already schedule to come to get in here and trained.
Old 03-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #36
CaptJacksFamily
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenabear View Post
This has been shared for both CMs who need help and locals who can help

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1F...z6g39wtfTw-F2g
Thank you, this is first time that I have seen it. Do you know who is organizing this effort?
Old 03-15-2020, 04:00 PM   #37
PurrfectPrincess
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba's Mom View Post
Walt Disney World will have no problem filling positions with new recruits when the parks do reopen.
Question: When will the parks re-open?
Answer: In time for Easter.
PurrfectPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 12:29 AM   #38
PSULion22
Grand Villa

So yesterday a croup of DCP'ers were chosen to be the Grand Marshals for the Festival of Fantasy Parade in the MK today. All GR CM's on hand came out to cheer them on. It was a pretty cool gesture to recognize these kids, who must be terribly disappointed to have to leave early.
PSULion22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 02:48 AM   #39
Nickys
Grand Villa

Updated news on the CP, plus letter about accomodation:

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/03/d...e-program-ro1/
Nickys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2020, 04:14 PM   #40
BWV2013
One Bedroom

I think it was a smart move to send the College Program members home. They have 2 or 3 people in each bedroom, like a college dorm, so any virus outbreak could spread very quickly. Most of the Cast Members are fairly outgoing people so the chance of them "social distancing" is less than it should be.

When the parks do open back up they can have the regular Cast Members take a few extra shifts till the next group of CP members arrive, which should be in April.

My son is scheduled to start the CP in August. He hoped to start in June, but was happy to accept the offered August start date.