home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-06-2020, 06:08 PM   #161
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
I think I may have asked this before (not sure), so that makes this a really stupid question...
Which site do most of you use to search for the best airline deals? Window shopping for my September trip while waiting for the SW schedule to be released next week!
I use hotwire
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 07:13 PM   #162
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickys View Post
I use skyscanner.net which seems to include a lot of airlines. Although I assume it won’t include SW if they’re not included on other sites.
Thank you! SW wouldn’t be included anyway since they haven’t yet released their flights for our trip week. Sizing up the competition, so to speak.
Old 03-06-2020, 07:15 PM   #163
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajc View Post
I use hotwire
Thanks! Every time I try searching, multiple options pop up. Too. Many. Choices.
Old 03-07-2020, 10:51 AM   #164
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gflatto View Post
Not sure how 'early' he'll be checking out, but Bell services should be available anytime. He can also bring bags himself.

Note that the Airline Check-in desk is separate from Bell Services. Bell Services can bring his bag to the airline desk for him if he likes, but that is it - he has to be there himself to check in and check the bag. I think they generally open at 5:00 am (which is why 'how early' matters....). Once it is checked at the airline desk, he won't see it again until he is at his home airport. He can check however many bags he wants, then leave whatever else he wants (any carry ons for the plane) with bell services to pick up before getting on DME.

Note that he does have to have his bag checked a certain amount of time before his flight is scheduled - I'm thinking it's at least 3 hours, but not certain of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
Yes, I believe it's 3 hours before. And IIRC the airline check in desks close at noon.

So if you're flying home later, still get them there in time.
Thanks y'all for the info. I dont' know what all he'll do. He'd just take the bags himself if it was any other resort, but since it's SSR. he's not sure how far away he'll be , etc. I think his flight is not until like 7 or 8, but he is wanting to get up early, checkout, get all that straightened out, and head ot HS for RotR, if possible. Although I think he also has FoP FP, idk .
Anyway, thanks for the replies!
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:59 PM   #165
oufpat
Two Bedroom

I purchased 5 day Park Hopper passes for my family for an August vacation. I'm trying to be optimistic, but if we need to postpone our trip, how long are the passes good for?
oufpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 09:28 PM   #166
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
I purchased 5 day Park Hopper passes for my family for an August vacation. I'm trying to be optimistic, but if we need to postpone our trip, how long are the passes good for?
I've been meaning to look into this too since I purchased 7 day PH for my in-laws for our May trip and they now most likely won't be traveling because of COVID-19 risks. This verbiage comes directly from the Disney World website:

Important Ticket Details

Valid Ticket Dates
Your tickets are valid for admission to multiple theme parks on any 5 days from May 3, 2020 through May 10, 2020. Tickets do not have to be used on consecutive dates. Tickets are nonrefundable. View Park and Attraction Information
After expiration date, the price paid for a wholly unused ticket can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket with an equal or higher price.

Changing Your Tickets
You can make changes to your tickets, including your ticket dates, prior to midnight ET of the day before your ticket’s first valid use date, May 3, 2020. After your first valid ticket date, you can use the app to add additional days to an eligible ticket or add ticket options. If you change ticket dates and you previously made FastPass+ selections, you will need to make new FastPass+ selections (if available) for any new dates you’ll be visiting the parks. There’s no change fee to modify, but an additional cost applies for dates with higher ticket prices. No refund or credit is given for changes from dates with higher prices to dates with lower prices. Tickets are nonrefundable, nontransferable and must be used by the same person on all days.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2020, 01:28 PM   #167
bakerworld
Grand Villa

So ... as I'm home for the next 2 weeks, which means I get to babysit the GK, whose picking up the cost for a diet plan: DVC, WDW, SW ... my work ... like who (I just finished a huge bag of kettle pcs)? Wonder if there's any GS cookies that I hid from myself?
Old 03-14-2020, 03:58 PM   #168
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
So ... as I'm home for the next 2 weeks, which means I get to babysit the GK, whose picking up the cost for a diet plan: DVC, WDW, SW ... my work ... like who (I just finished a huge bag of kettle pcs)? Wonder if there's any GS cookies that I hid from myself?
Don’t know about the diet, but you could bake some goodies for you and GK. Healthier alternative and helps pass the time too!
Old 03-14-2020, 04:35 PM   #169
Nickys
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by oufpat View Post
All tickets dated for the days of closure are extended for any day up to Dec 15th, including unused days on multi-day tickets. And if you cannot visit by then you can apply the value against new tickets.

As the closure extended (which it will), I’m sure they’ll deal with tickets in the same way. If necessary they’ll extend the validity time.

In any case, unused tickets never lose their value, you can always apply them against the cost of new ones.
Nickys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #170
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
Don’t know about the diet, but you could bake some goodies for you and GK. Healthier alternative and helps pass the time too!
Well, I gave up baking in 1995 - not kidding. I think I am gonna figure out that stroller and start walking. I'll do what I use to do = when the 9y is tired of walking, I'll throw her in the stroller and toss the 10m on top (here, hold this) and continue on. I think this is the best diet solution available. Hopefully the weather will hold and the stroller is made well enough to handle the weight.

I can still remember walking around EPCOT with that metal stroller Disney would provide for a large $6/D: recline the back and it would hold the 8 and 4 year old sitting, with the 10 standing on the basket in the back = creak, creak, creak. "I don't go fast but I go pretty far - sometimes it seems that I've been all around world - some people say I've done alright for a girl"

Last edited by bakerworld; 03-15-2020 at 09:52 AM.
bakerworld is offline   Reply With Quote