home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-16-2020, 04:27 PM   #21
Happy Pixie
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Just like an annual pass the tickets must be activated at a guest services window. The military member must be present for this. After that they donít need to be with you to use the tickets.

Also this year I noticed that National Guard and Reserve components are eligible. Not sure if thatís new or not but I think thatís great.
It's not new but many people do not know.

Active
Reserve
National Guard
Coast Guard
Retired Military
Commissioned Corps of the Public Health Service (PHS)
Commissioned Corps of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)

Great place for up to date Military Disney FYI is https://www.militarydisneytips.com/
Happy Pixie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 05:43 PM   #22
Princess Tink
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoel View Post
Just like an annual pass the tickets must be activated at a guest services window. The military member must be present for this. After that they donít need to be with you to use the tickets.

Also this year I noticed that National Guard and Reserve components are eligible. Not sure if thatís new or not but I think thatís great.
Good to know, thanks! Sounds like she may be risking it, if his time gets cancelled. I"m sure she will decide to just go with getting them via UCT, to save the headache.

Thanks again!
Princess Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 09:11 PM   #23
Leftcoaster
Founding Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Tink View Post
Good to know, thanks! Sounds like she may be risking it, if his time gets cancelled. I"m sure she will decide to just go with getting them via UCT, to save the headache.

Thanks again!
I'm wondering if she could buy the tickets and then "upgrade" them to normal tickets if his time off gets cancelled. I would look in to seeing if that is possible.

"Being a princess means so much more than wearing a tiara and a pretty dress" - Cinderellabration
Leftcoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:04 PM   #24
DSVinNJ
Studio

If this has been answered already I apologize. We have extended family coming with us in August and they are eligible to purchase military tickets. Iím the planner but completely unfamiliar with the process since we arenít eligible. How do they go about purchasing tickets? And can they purchase in advance to link to MDE?
DSVinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:30 PM   #25
Angel1123
One Bedroom

You can purchase via email on the shades of green website and they will send you the ticket and codes to link to MDE. The instructions are on the website.
Old 01-16-2020, 11:31 PM   #26
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSVinNJ View Post
If this has been answered already I apologize. We have extended family coming with us in August and they are eligible to purchase military tickets. Iím the planner but completely unfamiliar with the process since we arenít eligible. How do they go about purchasing tickets? And can they purchase in advance to link to MDE?
Yes they can purchase in advance and link to MDE. The eligible party must by the tickets on their base/post and then they can link them. If their base/post does not have them for sale they can buy them at Shades of Green at Disney World but that would probably kill the idea of linking in advance.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2020, 11:33 PM   #27
jnoel
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1123 View Post
You can purchase via email on the shades of green website and they will send you the ticket and codes to link to MDE. The instructions are on the website.
Thatís cool. We didnít know about that. Last year we tried remotely purchasing tickets and were not allowed. It may have been due to being stationed overseas.
jnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2020, 10:00 AM   #28
DSVinNJ
Studio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel1123 View Post
Thank you! Great info!
DSVinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote