home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Question of the Month
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-11-2018, 07:55 AM   #501
JaxFLBear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMC1 View Post
Does Disney allow pets on Disney Cruises?
Pets: NO
Service Animals: YES

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/f...rvice-animals/

JaxFLBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2018, 08:58 AM   #502
bakerworld
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaGal View Post
Something I've wondered: What is the latest time that they let people go thru the park entrance? If the park closes at 9 PM, what's the latest you'll be let in?
We have walked into the park entrance at 8:47p a few times for a last drink at Rose n Crown before watching the fireworks. MK we entered at about the same so I could - illegally - dodge CM's to get a picture of the castle before the parade start. I did smile nicely on my way out. Never had a need to enter the other parks so late but if they allow it one place then they'll allow it at others. The nice part is jumping in line at 8:59:59 PM - frankly now that I know the FP for Frozen doesn't allow walking thru the store with the sauna room it will be the only way I'll see that ride again sans young.
Old 06-12-2018, 03:21 PM   #503
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

So I am going to Orlando to visit family. No park visits, just family, pool and food.

We are having brunch at California Grill and I understand you can come back and watch the fireworks from there.

So my stupid question... which is a better viewing area, California Grill or Top of the World Lounge?

Thanks!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:23 PM   #504
chunter
Two Bedroom

Do buses run from park to park? Ex) from Epcot to magic kingdom?
chunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 06:30 PM   #505
Kathy O
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunter View Post
Do buses run from park to park? Ex) from Epcot to magic kingdom?
From Epcot to Magic Kingdom you take the Monorail. Otherwise, you can take busses between any of the parks. You can also take a boat between Epcot and Hollywood Studios.
Kathy O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:54 AM   #506
MelMass
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Fastpasses using MNSSHP ticket

We've only been to the Halloween party when legacy fastpasses were being used. I know you can enter magic kingdom prior to the official start time of the party and I know fastpasses are not available during the party. Can we book a fastpass at 5:30PM, for example, for the night of the party using our party ticket? Also, will we still get the 60 day window since we are staying onsite?
MelMass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:39 AM   #507
JCinWonderland
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
So I am going to Orlando to visit family. No park visits, just family, pool and food.

We are having brunch at California Grill and I understand you can come back and watch the fireworks from there.

So my stupid question... which is a better viewing area, California Grill or Top of the World Lounge?

Thanks!
I'm interested to know this too. I would assume TOTWL, but don't know for sure. We might have dinner at California Grill in July and I'm wondering if we should stick around long enough to watch the fireworks from CG or if we should head to TOTWL instead.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 11:51 AM   #508
missa986
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelMass View Post
We've only been to the Halloween party when legacy fastpasses were being used. I know you can enter magic kingdom prior to the official start time of the party and I know fastpasses are not available during the party. Can we book a fastpass at 5:30PM, for example, for the night of the party using our party ticket? Also, will we still get the 60 day window since we are staying onsite?
Yep. Based on historical precedence, you can enter with your party ticket at 4pm. I haven't heard that they're changing that this year.

Oct/Nov 2018: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Oct/Nov 2016: Boardwalk Villas
Sept 2014: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Kidani
Oct/Nov 2012: Pop Century
May 2009: Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo
Dec 2000: Polynesian Resort
Dec 1993: Caribbean Beach Resort
missa986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 12:00 PM   #509
Boundin'
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post

Thanks!
Cali Grill is further away and more head on. TOWL is more to the side- firework appear to be over SM. Tip: Cali grill has two viewing platforms. Everyone goes towards the one closer to MK- the other side (Poly side) has a better view

Bippity Boppity Boo Muthafu@$as!

My Disney Photography https://www.flickr.com/photos/rt_images/

Trip reports:
Mickey's Very Merry Galactic Spectacular AND New Year's Eve 2017-18
The Fall of Disney 2017
A Tale of Two Views 2017
Back in the S.S.R. 2017
Universal Hard Rock- MNSSHP - HHN 2016
Spring Surprise 2016
NYE in the World 2015-16

Coming up...

5/2018 BLT-Fantasy-BWV Eastern Carib
9/2018 BLT-Dream-BCV Halloween on the High Seas
BLT-BCV 12/2018 Another New Year
5/2019 ? - Fantasy - ? Western Carib

Home resorts BCV BWV BLT VGC
Boundin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 07:09 PM   #510
mikayla73
Grand Villa

Anyone know if there's a way to add celebrations (birthday, anniversary, etc) to a dining reservation online? Or do you have to call to do that? I'm looking and if there is, I am overlooking it.
mikayla73 is offline   Reply With Quote