home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > WELCOME TO THE DVC BOARDS AT MOUSEOWNERS.COM > Welcome to the Forums!
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-27-2018, 11:24 AM   #1801
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rontkelly View Post
I am Ron Kelly owner of point at the Boardwalk.

Welcome aboard.
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 12:03 PM   #1802
ryc
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
ryc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:07 PM   #1803
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
Welcome neighbors! You're going to love it at CCV. Babysimba is right, WL is the best, and yes, we are biased too as BRV owners. Wait til you see it for the holidays!
We bought a resale at BRV and stayed there when it was still VWL (villas at wilderness lodge). You are going to love it at CCV and all the DVC properties
so...
welcome home!
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:40 AM   #1804
Wayland10
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Hello folks! (Insert clever title here!)

I wanted to introduce myself and say "thank you" for all of the excellent advice and information I've picked up from reading these forums over the last few months! I recently bought my first small DVC contract with an eye toward convincing my DH, who hasn't been to Disney since the 80s, that it's a good fit for us. I'm already planning to add points as it becomes financially possible for us.

My trip to DVC started in December of 2016, when my parents decided on the spur of the moment to invite my family to Disney World the week before Christmas. My DH couldn't make it, but my parents and I surprised my two DDs. It was a whirlwind long weekend, too crowded, not enough planned in advance, and you couldn't get my mom to RD anything without heavy artillery, but we loved it. By the time we left I knew we'd be back.

I'm especially grateful and glad that my father was with us, and that my kids will always have the memory of his pleasure and joy in vacationing with them, because it was his last trip. He passed away unexpectedly a few months later. I miss him every day.

We used a small inheritance from him to buy in to DVC, and I think he would approve.

Our vacation time this summer is already booked for visiting family, and we only really have vacation time in August at the moment, so I'm pouring my energy into planning a massive first Welcome Home trip for the summer of 2019!

I'm an archaeologist and anthropologist who wound up teaching at a culinary school, so I love travel, history, other cultures and food! I also love quilting and sewing, and I'm working on improving my photography skills. My DH is also an archaeologist, and currently teaches at a more traditional college but spends most of his free time in his woodshop, cooking, or reading fantasy novels. Our two DDs are six and nine, and love unicorns, comic books, playing the violin, ancient myths, climbing trees and swimming. We share our home with two corgis, two elderly kittens, an ever expanding number of chickens (well, they live outside but keep trying to get into the porch!) and one huge goldfish my DD won at the fair three years ago.

So, there's a bit about us and why we're here. Thank you for letting me indulge my vacation planning and Disney obsessions with you!
Wayland10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 09:57 AM   #1805
Brian5581
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland10 View Post
I wanted to introduce myself and say "thank you" for all of the excellent advice and information I've picked up from reading these forums over the last few months! I recently bought my first small DVC contract with an eye toward convincing my DH, who hasn't been to Disney since the 80s, that it's a good fit for us. I'm already planning to add points as it becomes financially possible for us.

My trip to DVC started in December of 2016, when my parents decided on the spur of the moment to invite my family to Disney World the week before Christmas. My DH couldn't make it, but my parents and I surprised my two DDs. It was a whirlwind long weekend, too crowded, not enough planned in advance, and you couldn't get my mom to RD anything without heavy artillery, but we loved it. By the time we left I knew we'd be back.

I'm especially grateful and glad that my father was with us, and that my kids will always have the memory of his pleasure and joy in vacationing with them, because it was his last trip. He passed away unexpectedly a few months later. I miss him every day.

We used a small inheritance from him to buy in to DVC, and I think he would approve.

Our vacation time this summer is already booked for visiting family, and we only really have vacation time in August at the moment, so I'm pouring my energy into planning a massive first Welcome Home trip for the summer of 2019!

I'm an archaeologist and anthropologist who wound up teaching at a culinary school, so I love travel, history, other cultures and food! I also love quilting and sewing, and I'm working on improving my photography skills. My DH is also an archaeologist, and currently teaches at a more traditional college but spends most of his free time in his woodshop, cooking, or reading fantasy novels. Our two DDs are six and nine, and love unicorns, comic books, playing the violin, ancient myths, climbing trees and swimming. We share our home with two corgis, two elderly kittens, an ever expanding number of chickens (well, they live outside but keep trying to get into the porch!) and one huge goldfish my DD won at the fair three years ago.

So, there's a bit about us and why we're here. Thank you for letting me indulge my vacation planning and Disney obsessions with you!

What a wonderful introduction. So sorry for your loss. I believe you may have chosen the best possible way of honoring your fatherís memory.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!
Brian5581 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #1806
AnnaS
Grand Villa

Quote:
Welcome to MO!!

Quote:

Sorry for your loss.

Welcome to MO!
May 2019 - OKW

AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 02:27 PM   #1807
cornbread4
One Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
What a wonderful introduction. So sorry for your loss. I believe you may have chosen the best possible way of honoring your fatherís memory.

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your purchase!
Great way to honor your father with future family memories. Welcome!
cornbread4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 04:14 PM   #1808
JudieHopps
Two Bedroom

Quote:

My condolences to you and your family.

A huge welcome to you!

A brilliant decision for you to carry on in this way.
Celebrate family.

A new chapter for all.
Great memories to be made.

Indulge away!
JudieHopps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #1809
Sephorin
One Bedroom

Quote:
I recently bought my first small DVC contract with an eye toward convincing my DH, who hasn't been to Disney since the 80s, that it's a good fit for us. I'm already planning to add points as it becomes financially possible for us.

Thank you for letting me indulge my vacation planning and Disney obsessions with you!

How very nice to read about you and your family! I hope you have many wonderful trips together. And if your husband does not enjoy it, feel free to invite me instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian5581 View Post
Sephorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 07:32 PM   #1810
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Quote:

I am very sorry to hear of your father's passing. But, wow, what a wonderful way to honor his memory and the gift he left you. I always say that behind every DVC purchase is a story and yours is certainly testimony to that. We bought our DVC shortly after my uncle passed away. Every time we visit WDW, he is right there with me. Many congrats on your purchase and welcome to MO's. Your very first post .
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote