home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2021, 07:49 AM   #41
Hopels
One Bedroom

Thanks for posting - I hadn’t seen this in email.

As an ED doc, changing this policy is premature and will lead to people going on their vacations when sick/maybe sick because they don’t want to cancel. I will be writing DVC. The world is not back to normal regardless of how tired of Covid we all are.

This will also really hurt the rental capabilities for those of us who have chosen not to travel. The strong Disney direct discounts and distressed points have already driven prices down, but losing the flexibility to change a reservation (which I have allowed my renters) is really awful.
BLT January 2013
Swan April 2013
SSR/BCV/BLT January 2014
BCV March 2014
BWV/BLT December 2014
BWV/BLT September 2015
Poly/Fantasy/BLT January 2016
Boardwalk/Fantasy January 2017
Boardwalk/BLT September 2017
Yacht/Grand Floridian January 2018 (Adulting!)
B2B2B Concierge DCL Magic Bahamas, Transatlantic, Mediterranean May 2018
BWV/OKW July 2018
BWV Xmas/NYE 2018
BWV February 2020
Hopels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 03:03 AM   #42
pooh bears mom
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofygrl View Post
It's not about banking forever just more cancellation flexibility kept in place until we are further along with vaccinations. DVC never offered "bank forever" during the pandemic anyway. From what I can tell online it doesn't make a bit of difference with tons of availability suddenly popping up just days before check in. Overall I think it's a policy DVC could update anyway. It's antiquated and comes from a different time and era of DVC.
Old 03-07-2021, 07:05 AM   #43
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile Disney reply.

My email to DVC on Feb 26, 2021:

Dear DVC,

I am concerned that the holding policy being reinstated in April 2021 is too early. I am respectfully asking you to consider keeping policy as is through end of 2021.

Having the flexibility to cancel with out points going into holding has allowed me to go to Disney even more frequently than otherwise.

I usually only know a week or two ahead if I can go (work, travel policy in airlines, quarantine rules).

To avoid ill have to cancel a month out. If points go into holding, it will be very hard to re-book because availability is very limited oct nov dec. With the 50th and holidays coming, and hotels not at full capacity.
———-
Reply on March 6 from DVC;

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

My name is Michael and I work at Disney Vacation Club Member Relations. We are in charge of making sure that feedback from our Members gets to the appropriate place so that it can be taken into consideration. I am very sorry for your disappointment with recent policy changes. Please be assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate Leadership team. This way your feedback can be heard and taken into account. Our Members’ feedback is very important to us and the best way that we are able to improve the Members’ experience at the Walt Disney World Resort. We always strive to reach new heights of Member experience and satisfaction. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and your passion for our company.

I hope that your future vacations with Disney Vacation Club are filled with magic.
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:18 AM   #44
lovindisney
Add-on Aficionado

I honestly wish returning borrowed points would be permanent. Banking points causes an excess to the following yr. But, returning borrowed points does not.
Old 03-07-2021, 11:37 AM   #45
goldilocks_63
Grand Villa

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
I honestly wish returning borrowed points would be permanent. Banking points causes an excess to the following yr. But, returning borrowed points does not.
Good suggestion especially with covid.

Send email to
dvcmembersatisfactionteam@disneyvacationclub.com

With you concerns.

Goldi
goldilocks_63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 12:08 PM   #46
erikthewise
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovindisney View Post
A good point. But the sad truth is that it does if they have already accepted too many banking transactions.
Old 03-07-2021, 01:52 PM   #47
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocks_63 View Post
My email to DVC on Feb 26, 2021:

Dear DVC,

I am concerned that the holding policy being reinstated in April 2021 is too early. I am respectfully asking you to consider keeping policy as is through end of 2021.

Having the flexibility to cancel with out points going into holding has allowed me to go to Disney even more frequently than otherwise.

I usually only know a week or two ahead if I can go (work, travel policy in airlines, quarantine rules).

To avoid ill have to cancel a month out. If points go into holding, it will be very hard to re-book because availability is very limited oct nov dec. With the 50th and holidays coming, and hotels not at full capacity.
———-
Reply on March 6 from DVC;

Thank you for contacting Disney Vacation Club.

My name is Michael and I work at Disney Vacation Club Member Relations. We are in charge of making sure that feedback from our Members gets to the appropriate place so that it can be taken into consideration. I am very sorry for your disappointment with recent policy changes. Please be assured that I will be sharing your feedback with the appropriate Leadership team. This way your feedback can be heard and taken into account. Our Members’ feedback is very important to us and the best way that we are able to improve the Members’ experience at the Walt Disney World Resort. We always strive to reach new heights of Member experience and satisfaction. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and your passion for our company.

I hope that your future vacations with Disney Vacation Club are filled with magic.
Last week I got a phone call about my input on the holding points. Similar - we're passing it along and thanks for the feedback.
Old 03-07-2021, 05:39 PM   #48
Kerri jo
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrm1504 View Post
As another VGC owner, yeah, it stinks.

I have a September UY, so I had about 60 banked points against a June 2020 reservation. Had to rent those at out like $12 bucks when the poop was really impacting the air circulation device.

Then, I had another 160 that were banked against a September reservation.
We ended up using those at Aulani in January...so at least those are used up, although not where they were supposed to be used.

Now, I have some VGC points at a room at VGC for Easter, but got an email today saying my reservation had been cancelled. I may as well just bank them now and hope I can use them in 2022 or something. I really don't know how to handle them...I am very leery about trying to use them at VGC until Disneyland is open.

Right now, SSR points have more value than VGC.
Yet, those resale values that VGC owners are able to realize if selling
2021 ~ SSR, BCV, PVB, PVB; 2020 ~ AUL, BCV, BWV; 2019 ~ PVB, PVB, SSR, DLP, BCV, BCV, HHI, BWI, PVB, AUL; 2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ All Star Sports; 1980s ~ Fort Wilderness, Contemporary
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:34 PM   #49
luvdamousetoo
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default Help

Hi all,

Can someone help me understand as I have not made a reservation in over a year... hubby and I booked a reservation for 4/25-4/30 at Riviera thinking we would cancel depending on vaccines etc. We are still a bit apprehensive and not sure if this trip will happen due to work etc and we are under the impression that we need to decide by tmrw as it will be the deadline to cancel without penalties... (holding points) as it used to be.

Is that not the case any more? Did Disney extend flexibility to cancel until later? If so how late can we cancel without penalties?

Please advise.

Thank you MO’s
luvdamousetoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:18 PM   #50
disney65
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvdamousetoo View Post
Hi all,

Can someone help me understand as I have not made a reservation in over a year... hubby and I booked a reservation for 4/25-4/30 at Riviera thinking we would cancel depending on vaccines etc. We are still a bit apprehensive and not sure if this trip will happen due to work etc and we are under the impression that we need to decide by tmrw as it will be the deadline to cancel without penalties... (holding points) as it used to be.

Is that not the case any more? Did Disney extend flexibility to cancel until later? If so how late can we cancel without penalties?

Please advise.

Thank you MO’s
Per original post, I would think you have one extra week till end of April.

My Trip Reports

2015 Spring Poly/VGF
Wishes in Pics
Christmas 2014 HHI
2015 Christmas HHI and AKL
2016 - Atlantis Spring break
disney65 is offline   Reply With Quote