home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Perks Pages"
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2021, 10:27 PM   #141
Goofygrl
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerworld View Post
We're also in the same position. Our AP's expired December 2019 and all our trips in 2020 were cancelled except for our November 2020. We tried to obtain AP's for 2020 November unsuccessfully. Now we're going in March '21, May '21, July '21 but do not anticipate purchasing tickets until we go in September '21 for the F&W. The 5D MYW tickets were so expensive that we decided to do resort stays.

I keep reading forum members have successfully purchased APs in our same situation. March I'm kinda looking forward to a resort stay but in May we'll try again.
Most or all reports I've seen have been for those that cancelled AP's who are now able to purchase under the guest recovery. If had an AP expire then and did not renew then they've been SOL. I expect as vaccinations increase and hospitalizations decrease that Disney will be looking to change that policy though.
Old 02-27-2021, 06:45 PM   #142
zulaya
Grand Villa

I'm really hoping for pixie dust for all of us that had APs expire when Disney wasn't selling. I'm 7 days into the 30-day wait for a call back.

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2021, 07:11 PM   #143
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulaya View Post
I'm really hoping for pixie dust for all of us that had APs expire when Disney wasn't selling. I'm 7 days into the 30-day wait for a call back.
Sending you some pixie dust!
Old 02-27-2021, 09:28 PM   #144
cw62803
Two Bedroom

We had two of our family's three annual passes expire while the parks were closed. Our third expired a couple of months before the closure.

Disney allowed us to purchase three passes for the coming season.

If you want your passes renewed, give them a call. They're nice. The world is upside down, but they are still Disney.
cw62803 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2021, 11:21 AM   #145
ajc
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdude81 View Post
MS should work fine if you're within your windows. However, when I bought vouchers recently from MS they gave my 5yo son a 10+ pass. I then called back to MS to try and fix, who sent me to ticketing where I waited another half hour, and then to ticket services to fix, which was about 90 minutes before I finally got through.

So if you talk to MS, make sure you are clear about the ages in case they just throw whatever at you. Since they all cost the same mistakes can be made. Again, everything is frustrating and they should make it easier to just renew online at the DVC rate, since they told me on the phone I'll have to verify my blue card at activation anyway.
AFAIK, annual passes are not issued by age so they all cost the same and cover all age ranges.
You might just link the 10+ pass and fix it at the GS window on site so you can schedule park days.

Last edited by ajc; 02-28-2021 at 11:45 AM.
ajc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:41 PM   #146
JCinWonderland
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCinWonderland View Post
Well I finally got around to calling to see if we are eligible to repurchase passes (we canceled our Platinum passes in August 2020), but the CM I spoke with didn't actually let me know if we were eligible. He just passed my info on to passholder services or whoever is dealing with this issue and said they are taking up to 30 days to call people back about eligibility. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Some posts make it sound like some people were notified of eligibility somehow other than by phone (or maybe I'm just misreading the posts). Was there an eligibility email or something that went out?
Just following up with my experience since my last post ... today I received the return call and found out we were eligible to purchase new annual passes. It took a week and a half which is a lot shorter than the 30 days I was expecting. So now we have 4 pass vouchers linked to our account. We each had 7 day park hoppers linked to us and the CM applied the cost of those to the purchase. The charge still hurt though ... with no DVC discount, Platinum passes are ~$1275 each. Ouch! Iím still happy to have them though. I didnít want to risk not being able to get them when we actually need them.
JCinWonderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 11:33 PM   #147
houseofduck
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw62803 View Post
We had two of our family's three annual passes expire while the parks were closed. Our third expired a couple of months before the closure.

Disney allowed us to purchase three passes for the coming season.

If you want your passes renewed, give them a call. They're nice. The world is upside down, but they are still Disney.
I tried to call. We had one member of our party that got a refund for an AP. The rest of our party had expired APs from before the closure. We were told that we would not be able to purchase APs for those that had expired before the closure. Maybe, it didn't work for us because we only had one that was eligible to repurchase and five with expired passes. You only had one with an expired pass.

I mentioned that I had read of people being able to purchase APs if members of their party were allowed under the recovery policy. I was told that if I didn't see it on an official Disney site, they could not confirm that it happened!
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 01:20 AM   #148
nrspepe
Grand Villa

Oh boy...thought my FL resident pass expired in two weeks. I just checked to make sure I renewed in time. It actually expired yesterday. Iíll have a sleepless night waiting to call in the morning.
nrspepe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 08:21 AM   #149
houseofduck
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrspepe View Post
Oh boy...thought my FL resident pass expired in two weeks. I just checked to make sure I renewed in time. It actually expired yesterday. Iíll have a sleepless night waiting to call in the morning.
You are fine. You are still within the renewal window!
houseofduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 05:04 PM   #150
zulaya
Grand Villa

Got the call today and was allowed to purchase DVC Gold Pass APs for my kids. I called on 2/22 (I think) - so about 2.5 weeks to get a call back.

DVC Member since 2002.

Next trip: Hopefully 2021
zulaya is offline   Reply With Quote