home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > TRIP REPORTS > Trip Reports
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 01:47 PM   #11
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedimom3 View Post
Thanks for the great TR!!! So glad all had great times!
We did MNSSHP for the first time last year, and we loved it. I can't wait to do it again if we are ever there at the right time.
We're hoping to do Universal for Thanksgiving, been a couple years, and i agree. Gringotts/HP is always awesome.
FW sounds like a yummy time. Glad y'all overheard those ladies. Always nice to find something new and surprising to enjoy.

BWV is our home, and man that walk for me can be brutal in the heat of the day, to and from HS (and EPCOT for that matter) but we love it there and always prefer walking when possible over waiting for a boat...unless the boat at Epcot is right there, and you know you have time to catch it. One of these days we'll stay at BCV, but hard to pass up cheaper view/points at BWV

Thanks again for sharing the fun!
We also now own at BWV. We stayed at BCV specifically because of SAB this trip. We knew it would still be warm enough to swim, and the other two families said they wanted to spend time at the pool. We also prefer to walk, if possible. The walk to HS was brutal with the heat and no shade. At the end of the night of MM, they were only running buses, so thatís what we did. I may or may not have booked a trip during F&W in a standard view 2-bedroom already for next year...
Old 10-10-2018, 06:34 PM   #12
babysimba
Two Bedroom

You had me at the first sentence with, "we were traveling with 7 & 8 year olds! We will be there next month with a 7 year old over Veteran's week. I am assuming we will have similar crowds that you had over Columbus week.
I have still been tossing around the MVMCP. Your experience with the Halloween party is encouraging!

Q: How chaotic was it leaving the party? Were the bus lines crazy busy? Truly, that is one of my biggest fears and keeping me from booking.

Loved your donut story. We have a local farm that makes apple cider donuts as well. OMG!! They are still hot when you buy them and sooo good.
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 06:42 PM   #13
babysimba
Two Bedroom

Just thought of something else...

You mentioned all the kiddos loved Sci Fi? Is is really really loud in there? Our 7 year old is audio sensitive. Mostly high pitched sounds affect her. She can do a movie theater sound level. Would you say Sci Fi is comparable to a movie theater in terms of noise?

TIA! Loved your trip summary!
babysimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 08:50 PM   #14
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by babysimba View Post
You had me at the first sentence with, "we were traveling with 7 & 8 year olds! We will be there next month with a 7 year old over Veteran's week. I am assuming we will have similar crowds that you had over Columbus week.
I have still been tossing around the MVMCP. Your experience with the Halloween party is encouraging!

Q: How chaotic was it leaving the party? Were the bus lines crazy busy? Truly, that is one of my biggest fears and keeping me from booking.
We left the party just after 11pm because we were all so tired. The party went on for another hour. When we went to the buses, we just had to wait on one to get there. Everyone in line was able to get on the bus though.

Quote:
Just thought of something else...

You mentioned all the kiddos loved Sci Fi? Is is really really loud in there? Our 7 year old is audio sensitive. Mostly high pitched sounds affect her. She can do a movie theater sound level. Would you say Sci Fi is comparable to a movie theater in terms of noise?

TIA! Loved your trip summary!
Sci-Fi was actually very quiet. It is pretty dark in there, so I think everyone keeps their voices down. Now that I think about it, it is always quiet in there when we eat there. It is quiet, cooler, and so much fun. I have never noticed a sound problem. It was quite the opposite as I remarked this trip about how quiet it was.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:40 AM   #15
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
Sci-Fi was actually very quiet. It is pretty dark in there, so I think everyone keeps their voices down. Now that I think about it, it is always quiet in there when we eat there. It is quiet, cooler, and so much fun. I have never noticed a sound problem. It was quite the opposite as I remarked this trip about how quiet it was.

I have a SCi-Fi lunch ADR request search for December.....I hope it comes through. Its been a long time since we have been there, maybe 5-6 years. We have always enjoyed it.......the anti-T Rex restaurant.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:45 AM   #16
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Our 7 year old is audio sensitive. She can do a movie theater sound level. Would you say Sci Fi is comparable to a movie theater in terms of noise?

Our oldest grandson (5) is sound sensitive. He has never been able to watch the fireworks, the parade........even dining at Mickey's BBQ was too much for his ears. On our last trip, we bought a noise canceling headset ($25) and what a game changer. Seeing his face light up watching fireworks was priceless. There was nothing he could not ride, do or see when he wore the headset.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:38 AM   #17
TexasChick
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomandrobin View Post
I have a SCi-Fi lunch ADR request search for December.....I hope it comes through. Its been a long time since we have been there, maybe 5-6 years. We have always enjoyed it.......the anti-T Rex restaurant.
I hope it comes through too. Itís so much fun!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:52 AM   #18
John2247
Two Bedroom

Thanks for a great trip report. Going with 5 to 12 year olds is a wonderful experience for the adults as well as the children. BWV is also a great place to stay, especially during the Food and Wine Festival.
Old 10-11-2018, 02:51 PM   #19
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasChick View Post
We have never been to MNSSHP, so I didnít have anything to compare it to not can I lament about the ďchangesĒ. All of us had a blast despite being exhausted. It was an expensive addition since we have APís, but it got our friends in the parks for $89 for 8 hours. Not too bad considering the lighter crowds, shorter or nonexistent wait times, fireworks, shows, and candy! We literally walked on to Splash Mountain, BTMRR was a 10 minute wait, Pirates was maybe 15 minutes, and Haunted Mansion was 10 minutes. Also, they had a bunch of live characters in all the rides. I loved it!
We were also at Monday night's MNSSHP and can confirm the short wait times. When our log arrived back at the Splash Mountain starting point and there was no one in line, the CM asked if we wanted to ride again. Heck yeah!
Handfulls of candy being given out (especially around 11:00), plenty of room to watch fireworks instead of the typical sardine-can. The only negative was where we stood opposite Liberty Tree Tavern to watch the 2nd parade: the cart ran out of popcorn!!
Old 10-11-2018, 03:37 PM   #20
Hi from RI
Grand Villa

Sounds great! Did party once probably 7 years ago.......going home veterans weekend ! We have rotated Columbus day weekend and Vet weekend for F & W the last 4 years. My DH is a veteran and very involved in activities here so he doesn't like to miss the parade here etc. My only grip is Columbus day was sooooo hot last year...how bad was it this year???

ME ,DH , DS23 : , DD21 , DD13
Hi from RI is offline   Reply With Quote