home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > "Member Services:" Questions about Using DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-11-2018, 07:54 AM   #1
SAMAYA
Studio

Default DVC website temporarily unavailable on Mon, Oct 15 from midnight until 4:00 AM EST.

The following is posted under Notifications on the members website.

In order to accommodate updates, all password-protected areas of this website will be temporarily unavailable on Monday, October 15, 2018 from midnight until 4:00 AM Eastern Time. All of us at Disney Vacation Club appreciate your understanding as we update our systems.
SAMAYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #2
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

What are the odds they won't have it up by 7 AM?
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:06 AM   #3
AlwaysDreamingDisney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolA View Post
From past experience, Id say the odds are very good that they still wont be working by 9AM!

Now all of my kids are "Disney Adults"

Proud owner at VWL

Had owned at VGC, SSR and OKW too. Sad to see those points go but moving very close to the Mouse!!!
AlwaysDreamingDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 11:09 AM   #4
FessParker1
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Maybe a little blue pill would help.

Either way if it is working it won't be working correctly.
FessParker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 11:41 PM   #5
Kerri jo
Two Bedroom

Ugh! The site just went down 30 minutes earlier than announced, and of course, I was in the middle of booking an available room for Easter weekend when it happened. I've refreshed a few times to see if it was a glitch, but no such luck. Maybe I'll have a separate waitlist fulfill during the outage
2018 ~ PVB & King Kamehameha Club Level (yes, totally worth it!), BLT; BCV; PVB; BWV; PVB; BLT; PVB; 2017 ~ SOG, PVB, BLT, PVB, AUL; 2016 ~ DLP, SOG; 2015 ~ DLR, SOG; 2014 ~ DLR, SOG; 2013 ~ BCV, VWL, AKV, SSR; 2012 ~ DLR, SOG; 2011 ~ DLR, SOG; 2010 ~ BCV, BWV; 2009 ~ BCV, BWV, OKW; 2008 ~ Poly; 2007 ~ POP, CSR, VBO; 2006 ~ DLR; 2005 ~ BWV, SOG, VWL, DLR; 2004 ~ SOG; 2003 ~ GF, Poly, Cont; 2002 ~ OKW; 2001 ~ THV; 1990s ~ AS; 1980s ~ FW, Cont.
Kerri jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 03:08 AM   #6
Beth33
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
Ugh! The site just went down 30 minutes earlier than announced, and of course, I was in the middle of booking an available room for Easter weekend when it happened. I've refreshed a few times to see if it was a glitch, but no such luck. Maybe I'll have a separate waitlist fulfill during the outage
I'm so sorry. How frustrating! I think that WDW really needs to invest in its IT dept. Between this and all of the MDE problems, their computer/app systems seem to be a bit of a mess.
Beth33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:47 AM   #7
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by FessParker1 View Post
Maybe a little blue pill would help.

So bad......So good!
Old 10-15-2018, 08:25 AM   #8
CarolA
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth33 View Post
I'm so sorry. How frustrating! I think that WDW really needs to invest in its IT dept. Between this and all of the MDE problems, their computer/app systems seem to be a bit of a mess.
They have had a horrid IT dept for YEARS and YEARS. Until it starts costing them revenue they will not be motivated to improve!
CarolA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 08:27 AM   #9
Mass Transit
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth33 View Post
I received an email from one of the resort managers who stated that Disney has a big IT project going on and by April the WiFi signals should be stronger in all public spaces. Not that it helps the website, but here's one complaint off the list.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:37 AM   #10
helenabear
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerri jo View Post
bummer

Quote:
They have had a horrid IT dept for YEARS and YEARS. Until it starts costing them revenue they will not be motivated to improve!
I've always said they care more about form than function, which isn't wise in IT worlds. Also now in the world where mobile form is winning over desktop form, they seem to still care too much about fancy looks than working well. The inability to handle large loads on the sites as well baffles me too.