home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > VACATION CLUB RESOURCES > Questions about Buying and Selling DVC
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-10-2018, 03:26 PM   #11
ermindy1133
Add-on Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by capeokw56 View Post
You are absolutely correct! I hadn't thought of that.. shame on Gramps. Can't wait to take him to see Mickey for the first time!
You still have time to remedy that oversight. I trust you to do the right thing!
Old 10-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #12
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ermindy1133 View Post
You still have time to remedy that oversight. I trust you to do the right thing!
I'll probably have to consult with his parents but I can see Riviera coming down the road!
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 10:56 PM   #13
Disney dreaming
Two Bedroom

Waiting for Rivera.
Disney dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 12:10 AM   #14
CaptnJackSparrow
Studio

Took us about 2 weeks I believe for our direct BLT points.
Old 10-11-2018, 12:13 AM   #15
NewbieMom
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney dreaming View Post
Waiting for Rivera.
Ditto! We really want to add on, but opted to rent additional points for our next trip just to wait for Riviera.
NewbieMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 09:25 AM   #16
DeniseKayC
Two Bedroom

We purchased 100 extra BRV points direct last year, called and purchased them the same day.

We added extra BRV rather than CCV because we already owned 300 BRV resale points and wanted the ability to have 400 combined points to book 2 bedrooms instead of 1 bedrooms at the 11 month window.
DeniseKayC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 10:11 AM   #17
The Talls
Waiting to pass ROFR (i.e., n00b)

Default passing up on points

Hope we're doing the right thing. Our guide managed to find some points offered to us at BWV for our first contract, however; it's only 50 points and and Aug UY. While we could get our feet in the door and wait for more points to add on, we'd be waiting specifically for Aug UY points and we feel that could limit us to a longer wait. Also, while we are anxious to get in, 50 points really won't even do that when you need a minimum of 75 direct for any membership benefits. Our guide too suggested that this parcel might not be the best for us to get in and that he's still looking for a bigger parcel (more points), IF say this piece was 75 or more, perhaps it could pay to get in, get going, and wait for more but at 50, I'm thinking we will pass on this and hopefully he finds larger quantities of points (a bigger parcel) for us. He has been great and is trying his best to get what we need and even possibly do it all in time to turn our current reservations for December into DVC. A longshot we know, but even if that can't be done, at least we'd be members with benefits during the trip. He "found" these in only 6 days, so fingers crossed. We'd really like 140-160 points.
The Talls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:32 AM   #18
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy O View Post
We waited from mid-August to early-October for BoardWalk points last year. I thought it was interesting that the points came available after our use year (0ctober) started so we didn't get the extra year of points.
That wasn't Disney trying to play games. They legally can't sell the direct contract to you until it has the current UY points, so the most likely scenario is that they had that contract waiting in the wings, and once the month rolled over, it was available to be sold.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:35 AM   #19
mustinjourney
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Talls View Post
Hope we're doing the right thing. Our guide managed to find some points offered to us at BWV for our first contract, however; it's only 50 points and and Aug UY. While we could get our feet in the door and wait for more points to add on, we'd be waiting specifically for Aug UY points and we feel that could limit us to a longer wait. Also, while we are anxious to get in, 50 points really won't even do that when you need a minimum of 75 direct for any membership benefits. Our guide too suggested that this parcel might not be the best for us to get in and that he's still looking for a bigger parcel (more points), IF say this piece was 75 or more, perhaps it could pay to get in, get going, and wait for more but at 50, I'm thinking we will pass on this and hopefully he finds larger quantities of points (a bigger parcel) for us. He has been great and is trying his best to get what we need and even possibly do it all in time to turn our current reservations for December into DVC. A longshot we know, but even if that can't be done, at least we'd be members with benefits during the trip. He "found" these in only 6 days, so fingers crossed. We'd really like 140-160 points.
just a thought -- but you could buy the 50 now and remain on the waitlist. Then you'd only need another 25 points to become available.

Of course, being limited to a particular UY could make things harder to get a matching contract. With that said, August UY is great for BWV if you plan on hitting up F&W.
mustinjourney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 12:25 PM   #20
dvcfan937
Studio

Took 3 weeks to get my BLT points. I'm waiting for Riviera now.
dvcfan937 is offline   Reply With Quote