home News forums Reviews Trade links

Go Back   The DVC Boards at MouseOwners.com - the place to talk DVC and Walt Disney World > JUST FOR FUN > Disney Movies, Shows, Television, Radio, and Multimedia
 Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-05-2018, 09:03 AM   #61
RweTHEREyet
Add-on Aficionado

I liked it, but then I don't have many expectations in a movie except to be entertained. I liked learning how Solo and Chewy first met.

RweTHEREyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:34 AM   #62
MMC1
Grand Villa

I liked the movie a lot! it was fun to watch.

I hated that grown-ups criticized it and this kept many parents away... not giving their children the chance to see this movie made for that age group.
MMC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:39 AM   #63
Jedimom3
Grand Villa

Quote:
Originally Posted by IslaTurbine View Post
We watched it last night and thought it was great. Definitely better than Episodes I, II, VII, and VIII. Maybe not quite as good as Rogue One.

I went in with pretty low expectations given it's poor performance at the box office. After watching it, I have no idea why it wasn't a bigger hit. I'd love to see a follow-on.
I still can't figure out why it did so badly, except SW fatigue, or millennials/young adults not spending the money they spent on VIII, or even
original fans not wanting to see a different actor than Ford...IDK I loved it. Had low expectation for the actor, and he was great. They all were. watched it twice this past Sat, and picked up on a few more classic references.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooh bears mom View Post
Just watched Solo on Amazon Prime. It was FANTASTIC!!! It did not do well in the theatres because of how bad episode 8 was - I know I wrote off Star Wars after VIII and this is coming from a die hard SW's fan. I still will not go to see episode IX in the theatres as I need to make a statement of how bad I feel VIII was. But Solo was Great! Looking forward to the second in the trilogy - if the ymake it.
DH kinda feels the same way....says he's not even excited any more to see how this epic Skywalker saga ends, and he's been a fan since '77.....I am hoping Abrams fixes it. I blame VIII on Johnson's direction/writing, and since he's not involved in IX, I'm more hopeful.

I am VERRRRRRY excited about the Mandalorian live action series. LOVE the Mandalorian history and presence in the canon...
Jedimom3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2018, 09:40 AM   #64
tomandrobin
DVC Board Guide

All the positives is raising my expectations for when I watch the movie in a few weeks.
Old 10-06-2018, 10:44 PM   #65
capeokw56
Two Bedroom

We just watched it On Demand. It only took a few minutes to acclimate to the young Solo and it was better than I expected it to be. I got answers to questions that I didn't even know that I had.
capeokw56 is offline   Reply With Quote